Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen: I gotta make plays Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben: I gotta make plays

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ben: I gotta make plays Empty
PostSubject: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:51 am

By Mike Prisuta - WDVE
Posted 8 hours ago

HOUSTON _ Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger limped out of Reliant Stadium, literally and figuratively, after absorbing a pounding from the Texans.

It remains to be seen if Roethlisberger will be able to limp onto Heinz Field’s playing surface this coming Sunday against Tennessee.

He had a walking boot applied to his left foot prior to meeting the media following the 17-10 loss suffered by the Steelers last Sunday. And he needed crutches to navigate the aisle upon boarding the team plane for the charter flight back to Pittsburgh.

Further souring his mood was the sting of “disappointment, obviously, from losing the game,” and “feeling like I could have done more.

“It was a little bit my fault that we didn’t play better,” Roethlisberger concluded.

His first pass, which wasn’t thrown until 3:10 remained in the first quarter, went for 22 yards to wide receiver Mike Wallace, but 15 of those came back after Wallace was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Roethlisberger’s last attempt, a desperation heave for wide receiver Antonio Brown with 19 seconds remaining, was intercepted by Texans cornerback Jason Allen at the Houston 11-yard line.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-I-gotta-make-plays/38e29b90-8933-4ff6-af9d-9f73df2d9e6d

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 am

It appears that this season the injury bug doesn't only have it's sight on the Steelers, but it's building a nest around them.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben: I gotta make plays 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:13 am

i appreciate Ben taking responsibility and not piling up on the o-line but i think it time he takes these guys to the wood shed. not publicly but in the locker room i hope like hell he is in these guys faces.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 am

vasteeler wrote:
i hope like hell he is in these guys faces.

Yeah, with a 2x4! Ben: I gotta make plays 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm not surprised Ben hasn't thrown his o-line under the bus. He's done a lot of stupid shit, but he's ALWAYS stood up for his team, and is always one of the first in line to take the blame. I love our D, and I love that we have a city and FO that is so passionate about it...but drafting around the defense and not the 100 million dollar QB is catching up with them.

Obviously he needs to make plays, but it would be nice to give him some decent protection to do that!

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:49 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

Obviously he needs to make plays, but it would be nice to give him some decent protection to do that!

Ben: I gotta make plays Ngbbs49346d2d89c27

Now go do the damn thing Ben!

PostSubject: Re: Ben: I gotta make plays   Ben: I gotta make plays Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1