Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  Empty
PostSubject: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

As I noted in this post, I decided to assess the Tomlin-era draft picks on what they say about Tomlin and the Front Office's talent evaluation, even if the player doesn't end up producing much, or at all, for the Steelers. My premise is that the team might not be able to wait for a guy to develop, or they might not have the roster space to keep someone they like.

This post looks at the draft picks from Mike Tomlin's third season. I've also listed the UFAs they signed and followed any that came to anything.

To see the 2007 picks, click on the above link. To see the 2008 picks, click here.

Here is the 2009 draft:

1/32 Evander "Ziggy" Hood

no second round pick - traded with the Broncos.

3/79 Kraig Urbik (from Denver trade)

3/84 Mike Wallace (from Chicago, via Denver)

3/96 Keenan Lewis

no 4th round pick - part of the deal with Denver

5/168 Joe Burnett

5/169 Frank Summers (compensatory pick)

6/205 Ra'Shon Harris

7/226 A. Q. Shipley (from Tampa Bay)

7/241 David Johnson

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/10/5/2469078/where-are-they-now-tracking-the-steelers-draft-picks-in-the-mike
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:00 am

Getting Wallace in the third round almost makes up for the rest of the lackluster draft. Hood has played well, but it's yet to be seen whether he rises to the level that Aaron Smith did.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:15 am

Keenan Lewis may pan out as well.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am

I think Hood will be good (how's that for a slogan?) and Lewis looks to finally be coming along well. I think Lewis is a day 1 starting corner for us next season.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 am

I agree Ziggy and Lewis will be good and if we can lock up Wallace. That's a big if

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009    Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009  Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are they now? Tracking the Steelers' Draft Picks in the Mike Tomlin era, Part 3: 2009
Page 1 of 1