Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit

Go down 
+3
fer69
SteelersYak
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit Empty
PostSubject: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Thursday, October 06, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said he was fined $7,500 by the NFL for a late hit in Sunday's loss in Houston.

Pouncey was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct when he blocked Texans linebacker Connor Barwin to the ground after a 14-yard run by Mewelde Moore in the second quarter.

Pouncey is the sixth Steelers player to be fined by the league this season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11279/1180174-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1a2MwOAJC

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 1505004552

National

Fine

League

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm so tired of this crap.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'm so tired of this crap.

I say we start a poll on which Steeler player goes bankrupt from fines first! NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3135543967 NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 2573146105

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm

can somebody please kick goodells ass NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3236196411
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm

fer69 wrote:
can somebody please kick goodells ass NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3236196411

You point Truck in the right direction and I'm sure he'll take care of it. NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:16 am

If this moron stays in charge he'll be fining Hines 2 years after he retires for saying in public that Goodell is a "lowlife douchbag that wouldn't make a pimple on Tagliabue's ass".

I wish this NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 798776511 would start hating some other team already!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:36 am

solardave wrote:
If this moron stays in charge he'll be fining Hines 2 years after he retires for saying in public that Goodell is a "lowlife douchbag that wouldn't make a pimple on Tagliabue's ass".

I wish this NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 798776511 would start hating some other team already!!!

Maybe when he and Robert Kraft finally have a lovers' quarrel and breakup he'll get all spiteful and vindictive against the Cheats. You know what they say about a woman scorned.... NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:43 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Maybe when he and Robert Kraft finally have a lovers' quarrel and breakup he'll get all spiteful and vindictive against the Cheats. You know what they say about a woman scorned.... NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3798349058

We can hope. NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 469886443
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

You point Truck in the right direction and I'm sure he'll take care of it. NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 1797695198

I'm on the "Don't allow him in the kitchen" list at the NFL HQ's. I've tried to talk to the Rooney's to let me cook just for him when he comes to Pittsburgh but they won't even give me the opportunity.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:37 am

Stop hitting people. We're playing flag football now.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I'm on the "Don't allow him in the kitchen" list at the NFL HQ's. I've tried to talk to the Rooney's to let me cook just for him when he comes to Pittsburgh but they won't even give me the opportunity.

They won't give you 1 opportunity to save the entire NFL, yet they'll give Arians several opportunities to destroy the Steelers? NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 1689750825 NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3798349058

JonM229 wrote:
We're playing flag football now.

I think there's an extra letter in your third word there, Jon. NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3135543967 NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 2981382511

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
They won't give you 1 opportunity to save the entire NFL, yet they'll give Arians several opportunities to destroy the Steelers? NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 1689750825 NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3798349058

Look, I've played every angle I can except taking THE PRINCESS to the front door of Dan Rooney himself. But I'm torn as to whether or not I get her involved in such an action at such a young age. She's got such a bright future.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 am

Seriously, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. I just read this:

Quote :
Ravens All-Pro defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was fined $15,000 for lowering his helmet into the back of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. Ngata was one of four players fined that amount by NFL for rough hits. Redskins linebackers Rob Jackson and Perry Riley were disciplined for their play against the Rams. Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour was fined $7,500 for each of two hits against the Patriots.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11281/1180633-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1aBjgFqES

I can't believe the players union is fighting the issue of fines.
I don't have a problem with a player getting fined if he intentionally tries to injure another player. But what we're seeing is guys getting fined for just trying to make a play. No matter how much the NFL wants it, they're not going to eliminate illegal hits from the game. When a player delivers an illegal hit, he draws a flag and hurts his team. There's the punishment. There's no need for a fine.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit   NFL fines Steelers center Pouncey for late hit Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1