Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUpon further review: Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Upon further review: Steelers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Upon further review: Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm

October, 10, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

Looking back at the Pittsburgh Steelers' 38-17 win against the Tennessee Titans:

The Steelers couldn't stop Ray Rice or Arian Foster. They even had trouble slowing down Joseph Addai.

Then, when Pittsburgh was without three starters in its front seven, the run defense turned in its most impressive performance of the season against Chris Johnson. The same Chris Johnson who had 2,000 yards a couple of seasons ago.

The difference with the Steelers was they weren't reacting. They were attacking. On the stretch plays that have often caused Pittsburgh so many problems, there was pursuit and penetration.

It seemed like every time Johnson tried to cut back, there was a defender wrapping up his legs. For one of the few times this season, the tackling was as solid as the effort.

Johnson looked like his disappointing season was back on track after he gained 101 yards last week. After giving up 21 yards on the first run, Pittsburgh limited him to 30 yards on his remaining 13 carries (2.3 yards).

"We’re definitely getting back to playing Steeler football, where all 11 guys are rallying to the ball and everybody playing their responsibilities," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/33100/upon-further-review-steelers-4

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

The difference with the Steelers was they weren't reacting. They were attacking.

This was THE difference.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

i also think hoke had a lot to do with it
he was all over the place and pushing people around
something i haven't seen hampton do so far
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 pm

I think there were multiple things happening. The two most importnat, Coach L had us in a lot of Dime packages with Troy playing the run and everyone DID THEIR FREAKING JOBS. People(fans) love to rag on Belichek for being a cheat and Brady for being a pansy blah blah, but never give Belichek credit for taking 53 guys and getting them to play as a team. All of his players do THEIR FREAKING JOB, screw the highlight bs just do your job and more often than not they win. Yes, I'm half drunk.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
I think there were multiple things happening. The two most importnat, Coach L had us in a lot of Dime packages with Troy playing the run and everyone DID THEIR FREAKING JOBS. People(fans) love to rag on Belichek for being a cheat and Brady for being a pansy blah blah, but never give Belichek credit for taking 53 guys and getting them to play as a team. All of his players do THEIR FREAKING JOB, screw the highlight bs just do your job and more often than not they win. Yes, I'm half drunk.

where you at i need a beer myself Upon further review: Steelers 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Drinking and posting is NOT permitted on this board.

Oh, wait. Upon further review: Steelers 294855916

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Drinking and posting is NOT permitted on this board.

Oh, wait. Upon further review: Steelers 294855916

If that was the case, you and Buddha's post count would be A LOT lower Upon further review: Steelers 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Upon further review: Steelers   Upon further review: Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1