Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUpon Further Review: Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Upon Further Review: Steelers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Upon Further Review: Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Upon Further Review: Steelers   Upon Further Review: Steelers EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm

By Jamison Hensley

Revisiting the Pittsburgh Steelers' 17-13 win over the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars:

The Steelers weren't happy about the win because of how they finished. It looked like a blowout when Pittsburgh jumped out to a 17-0 lead, but the Steelers had to sweat out a Jaguars desperation throw as time expired before they could celebrate a victory over the 13-point underdogs.

The biggest drop-off was the play of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. He connected on 11 of 18 passes for 181 yards in the first half. He was 1-of-5 for 19 yards in the second.

It was described as a blustery day at Heinz Field, which seemed to affect Roethlisberger's throws.

"I have to make the necessary adjustments to purely focus on driving the ball and spinning it through the wind," Roethlisberger said, via The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "When it is blowing, you have to put a lot of spin on the ball and I wasn't doing that."

The wind didn't have as much effect on Jacksonville rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert, who nearly matched Roethlisberger's passing total in the second half with an 18-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter. It also doesn't explain why Roethlisberger was sacked three times in the second half after not being sacked before halftime.

"The sense of urgency needs to stay there," Roethlisberger said, via The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "Maybe that's on me. Maybe I need to keep the guys going, trying to keep a fire under them. I felt like I tried to do that, but maybe I didn't do enough."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/33538/upon-further-review-steelers-5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm glad to hear Ben talk about a "sense of urgency". That is something that has been completely lacking this season with the exception of Wallace, Brown, Harrison and Polamalu. Now if Ben would just address the greed of the offensive play-calling/passing options, they may be able to get this team on track again.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1