Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
mcg24
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:45 am

Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 72f8ffd1ef4a228278f2d889a4092c69

Steelers need to make a statement

By Wallace108
SteelersXtreme.com

With the return of James Harrison, things are looking up for the Steelers. Well, actually, the Steelers are looking up at things ... namely the Bengals and Ravens.

Before the season started, no one could have figured that the Cincinnati Bengals (6-2) would be sitting atop the AFC heading into week 10, but that's exactly where they're at. And after dropping both games this season to the Ravens (6-2), the Steelers (6-3) find themselves in what amounts to a must-win game today against the Bengals to keep their goal of winning the AFC North title alive.

The Steelers are holding down the sixth spot in the AFC as they head into Cincinnati. With six games remaining after their showdown with the Bengals, a win today would put them in the driver's seat for a wild-card spot with the division title still within their reach. A loss could all but end their chances at winning the division unless the Bengals and Ravens self-destruct. And with the Jets (5-3) and Bills (5-3) lurking half a game behind the Steelers, a loss could hurt their wild-card chances as well. Sure, there are six games left and a lot can happen, but it's better if the Steelers can control their own destiny rather than looking for help from other teams.

Forget the fact that today's game is important from a record standpoint. It's a statement game. The Bengals have to be feeling good about themselves and where they're at. The Ravens certainly do. After snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against the Ravens last Sunday night, the Steelers need to make a statement today and show that they're still a team that's capable of winning the division. To do that, they need to play for an entire 60 minutes. Their season just might depend on it.

© Steelers Xtreme 2011

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sat May 19, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 am

Short and to the point, I always admire that. Like you said, it's just something to get out original content, you don't need to type up the cure for cancer. But then again, if you did find the cure for cancer that would be a lot cooler.... Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 3798349058

Very well done.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 am

mcg24 wrote:
Short and to the point, I always admire that. Like you said, it's just something to get out original content, you don't need to type up the cure for cancer. But then again, if you did find the cure for cancer that would be a lot cooler.... Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 3798349058

Very well done.
A cure for cancer? I'd be happy to find a cure for Bruce Arians. Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1664291743

Thanks for the comments, McFly.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:18 am

Well said.

I like it.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
burgboy41
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: statement on the statement   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 am

Yes, today cries out for a "statement" game, but in what language?

Let's see: If Bruce Arians can overcome his dyslexia long enough to call the right plays at the right times, using the right personnel and the right formations, and Dick LeBeau can pretend he's still alive, Stillers MIGHT be able to sneak one past the Bungles.

On the other hand, since our secondary is like spring snow, it won't cover much of anything for very long and Andy Dalton or whatever Cincy's rookie QB's name is might have a career day.

I'm getting a headache and I haven't even started on the beer yet!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 am

burgboy41 wrote:
I'm getting a headache and I haven't even started on the beer yet!

Slacker. Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1797695198

And you're right. We have a history of making inexperienced QBs look like Joe Montanta. Let's hope we make Dalton look more like Joe Mantegna.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:19 am

About now is the time of year I really start paying close attention to other matchups in case we don't win the division and need to get in as a wild card. Bills got the Cowboys today. I'll have to plug my nose and root for the stinkin' Cowboys. And the Jets-Patriots matchup helps no matter who wins. Although we should pull for the Jets since we own the tie breaker over the Patriots.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am

The Steelers made a statement last game: "We're not as good as the Ravens"

That's my last one, I promise.

Good article, though.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Walleye you can do better than this, I know you too long to be right wing conservative let it loose talk about something that is not the obvious we all know what is going with the Steelers let talk about something that is left of center. How bout this I thought Lebeau has blown more game this year than B/A is anyone up to the plate call me on it or are you drinking my Kool-Aid let’s get Lebeau out of there he needs to retire!!!
Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1647293567 Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

blastfurness wrote:
Walleye you can do better than this, I know you too long to be right wing conservative let it loose talk about something that is not the obvious we all know what is going with the Steelers let talk about something that is left of center. How bout this I thought Lebeau has blown more game this year than B/A is anyone up to the plate call me on it or are you drinking my Kool-Aid let’s get Lebeau out of there he needs to retire!!!
Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1647293567 Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1647293567

Walleye? I thought you quit drinking. Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 1797695198

Since we have a bye week coming up, this could be a fun debate to entertain us. LeBeau vs. Arians. I'm game. Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) 184121345

Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:12 pm

JonM229 wrote:
The Steelers made a statement last game: "We're not as good as the Ravens"

That's my last one, I promise.

Good article, though.

So how'd that seahawks game work out for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers need to make a statement (Xtreme Commentary)
Page 1 of 1