Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) Steelers-fans

Steelers Frenzy - Part 1

By Whyant5
SteelersXtreme.com

Since January 8, Sundays have been missing something. They've been missing Hines, Heinz, and Black and Gold. They've also been missing something so much more. That feeling. That feeling you get of waking up on Sunday morning, standing in front of your closet and choosing what Steelers attire you want to wear for the day. That feeling of preparing the food and drink for the pregame party. That feeling of getting everyone into the car to head to the favorite spot to catch the game on TV. That feeling of the moments just before kickoff, when excitement reaches its peak and the body is ready for a Steeler frenzy.

While the men of the Pittsburgh Steelers work for first downs, sacks, touchdowns, and wins, the Steelers faithful work for that feeling. We've all felt it. It's the excitement before pregame. It's the thrill of a touchdown pass. It's the disappointment of the opposing quarterback narrowly escaping a sack. It's the Steeler frenzy.

During the off-season, our Steeler frenzy sits idly by - untapped and unused. We ho-hum through the months of March, April, May, and June. That's when the frenzy comes out of hibernation. We begin to crave Steelers football: scouring Steelers websites, watching old film, and we begin complaining about how far away the season is. While each day draws us closer to opening weekend, it seems like each day has 36 hours. We wait for any small piece of news that is Steelers related. We rapidly click the refresh button just hoping that a Steelers player posted on Facebook, Twitter, a blog, ANYTHING. The Steelers frenzy has grown tired of waiting, and we must keep it caged for just a bit longer (as tiresome as it may be).

But fear not Steelers fans, I didn't just tap into the frenzy without coming to give you some ideas of how to help manage it until the season arrives. Here are some suggestions on how to help manage your Steelers frenzy as well as some necessary parts to make sure your Steelers frenzy is ready for opening night versus Denver.

1. Get the Steelers gear out.
Make sure the game-day jerseys fit, that the Terrible Towel is ready to go, and you have plenty of Steelers koozies ready for you and your guests. There would be no greater disappointment to your Steelers frenzy than to not have your attire and accessories ready to go for week 1.

2. Place your Steelers order.
Even if it's something small. Order something from http://shop.steelers.com/ and select the longest shipping possible. That way, you will have something to help break up the length of time between now and the first preseason game. The Steelers frenzy will appreciate the new little toy.

3. Pre-season is important.
Just because the pre-season games aren't "full" games doesn't mean your approach to them can't be the same as on Sundays. Sure they are at different times, and work schedules can conflict, but take the opportunity to check out how to follow the Steelers on the Web or on mobile. Start a thread on your favorite message board (wink wink, nudge nudge) and help out those who aren't able to watch the game. Prepare your pre-game favorites (it also will give you an opportunity to try out new things).

4. Be active on a forum.
Forums are like a self-help group where everyone can join together and assist each other in getting through the toughest time of the year. Keeping up to date with the latest Steelers news also means less catching up to do once the season starts.

© Steelers Xtreme 2012

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Hell yeah!!! Go steelers Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) 1372836603

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Nice write-up, Whyant.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

good write up dubs. its funny to me how some of us fans are more emotionally attached to the steelers than some of the players are. i remember watching yet another playoff loss to the *s and after the final whistle blew i literally thought i was going to puke. i felt as if my favorite dog had just been run over and killed. then i look back at the TV and what do i see? the bus, hines ward and a few others yucking it up with a few of *'s players. i couldnt believe it, from that moment on i have really tried to keep my emotions to a minimum. im not very good at it though

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 am

I strongly support No. 4. Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) 184121345

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)   Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers frenzy (Xtreme Commentary)
Page 1 of 1