Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball

Go down 
+5
stlrtruck
Wallace108
fer69
supytalpeht
SteelCityMom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball Empty
PostSubject: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Big Play Willie Gay fully gets mine this week. Great rebound game for him and the whole team.

I'm taking a cue from Wally though, and having some shots and a nap. Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 1797695198

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Big time play at a critical juncture
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:17 pm

timmons and gay they could have dropped those balls but didn'tWeek 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:50 pm

My game ball(s) goes to William Gay and Antonio Brown.

Some random post-game thoughts (both good and bad):

We won. Period.

My opinion of William Gay has completely changed in the past 24 hours. I'll still criticize him when he screws up, but not as harshly. He had a great game today, and he's a great guy. Check out this story if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t1263-from-hardship-steelers-gay-shares-hope

Hines Ward is my all-time favorite Steelers player. But I said a few days ago that Antonio Brown should be starting ahead of him. I stand by that comment.

The O-line looked really good in the first half. But the second half was a different story.

PLEASE!!! Stop going with an empty backfield on third down. All the sacks Ben takes on third down could be avoided if we had a back to pick up the rush.

David Johnson was used quite a bit at fullback today, and the running game looked better when he was in there. Here's a thought ... let's draft or sign a fullback next year.

The mojo that Ben and Wallace had with the deep pass seems to be gone. I hope they get it back soon.

Final thought for now ... hat's off to Andy Dalton. The rookie looked really good. He's going to be a hell of a QB for years to come. The Bengals didn't look like the same ol' Bengals. They looked like a really good and respectable team today.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Game ball to Willie Gay.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Sorry guys game ball goes to B/A great play calling no issues here Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 1372836603
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm

blastfurness wrote:
Sorry guys game ball goes to B/A great play calling no issues here Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 1372836603

I have to disagree, because he still doesn't know how to call a game with any type of lead. The only comfortable game we've played this year was against the seahawks and the titans.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:06 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
blastfurness wrote:

I have to disagree, because he still doesn't know how to call a game with any type of lead. The only comfortable game we've played this year was against the seahawks and the titans.
Yup. We'll discuss this more during the bye week to keep us entertained, but I'm sure everyone here knows one of my biggest gripes against Arians is he doesn't know how to play with a lead. Ask Butch Davis and the Browns if Arians knows how to play with a lead. Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 3798349058

Bruce called a good game today, but there were a few things I didn't like. It's just nit-picking in this game. Overall, I liked the game plan and calls.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
blastfurness wrote:

Yup. We'll discuss this more during the bye week to keep us entertained, but I'm sure everyone here knows one of my biggest gripes against Arians is he doesn't know how to play with a lead. Ask Butch Davis and the Browns if Arians knows how to play with a lead. Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 3798349058

Bruce called a good game today, but there were a few things I didn't like. It's just nit-picking in this game. Overall, I liked the game plan and calls.

I get scared with our offense on the field and having a lead of any kind.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I get scared with our offense on the field and having a lead of any kind.
I agree. But it wasn't Bruce's fault today. We had a good play call but Wallace dropped the ball. If he had caught it, it was a first down and a chance to run more time off the clock. That one wasn't Bruce's fault.

Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 pm

did I win??
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:23 pm

hindes204 wrote:
did I win??

YES! And for that you get a case of Crown Royal from Buddha.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:53 am

HUGE win yesterday against the Bungals! My game balls go to Willie Gay and Antonio Brown. Brown made great catch after great catch and Gay essentially iced the game for us. Good game to the whole team. Rest up this week and get everyone healthy for that stretch run. It's time to chase down those dirty, premature celebrating Rats! They left the door open AGAIN!

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:49 am

let me ask you this then with 2 minutes left in the game who would you rather have on the field? our offense with Big Ben or defense with lack pass coverage Troy. I think it is pretty obvious give me Ben and the Big O everyday!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
HUGE win yesterday against the Bungals! My game balls go to Willie Gay and Antonio Brown. Brown made great catch after great catch and Gay essentially iced the game for us. Good game to the whole team. Rest up this week and get everyone healthy for that stretch run. It's time to chase down those dirty, premature celebrating Rats! They left the door open AGAIN!

yes they did!!!! how we lost to that team twice ill never know Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball 2913999526

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 am

blastfurness wrote:
let me ask you this then with 2 minutes left in the game who would you rather have on the field? our offense with Big Ben or defense with lack pass coverage Troy. I think it is pretty obvious give me Ben and the Big O everyday!!!!!!
There's a common denominator in our games against these teams:

Colts
Jaguars
Patriots
Ravens
Bengals

In each of those games we had a lead late in the fourth quarter. We had the ball with a chance to put the game away. But what happened? In each of those games, the offense couldn't seal the victory and gave the ball right back to the other team with a chance to win or tie, and the defense had to save the game. So in those 5 games, when it was all on the line, the offense was successful in 0 of the 5 games. The defense was successful in 4 of the 5 games. I have more confidence in LeBeau and our defense.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball   Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Post Game Thread/Game Ball
Page 1 of 1