Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLatest movies you've watched - Page 29 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Latest movies you've watched

Go down 
+24
solardave
Vis
Fire Arians
Lokki
effyou515
teegre
Master_Of_Puppets
Gingerchip
Galax Steeler
jgm820
Bays
hindes204
fer69
supytalpeht
Farrior_roirraW
steelerdude15
SteelCityMom
JonM229
mcg24
vasteeler
SteelersYak
Buddha Bus
stlrtruck
Wallace108
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:54 am

seen a few good ones lately

Astronaut: the Last Push (2012) starring Khary Payton. Pretty good one about an astronaut that becomes isolated in space, similar to what I've heard about the Martian. If you liked the Martian, check this one out.

Happy Accidents (2000) starring Marisa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio. Really enjoyable one, the two meet and start seeing each other. A lot of really interesting things done in the movie. D'Onofrio claims to have come from the future to save Tomei and she thinks he's either crazy or using the story to hide his past.

Major Dundee (1965) Charlton Heston and Richard Harris, directed by Sam Peckinpah. Had some good moments and definitely one to watch if you enjoy any of the 40's cavalry vs. indian movies.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:36 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
I love your Punisher hat @IowaSteeler927 !

Thanks! Got it in this months Loot Crate. It's reversible, the other side is Daredevil

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:28 pm

saw The Big Year (2011) starring Jack Black, Steve, Martin, and Owen Wilson, and narrated by John Cleese. Very well done movie about people who meet through their hobby of bird watching and compete throughout the year to see the most different species. Kind of a heart warming, comedy/drama type. No violence or sex, so if that's what you like you won't like this one.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:00 am

Finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens (thanks Redbox). While I wasn't overly impressed with the movie, there definitely were some twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I was left with a few more questions than answers and I can only hope the future movies have some more meat to them other than the name 'Star Wars'.

And watched "Heart of the Sea". I was surprised by the movie. Certainly kept me engaged throughout the entire movie.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens (thanks Redbox).  While I wasn't overly impressed with the movie, there definitely were some twists and turns I wasn't expecting.  I was left with a few more questions than answers and I can only hope the future movies have some more meat to them other than the name 'Star Wars'.

And watched "Heart of the Sea".  I was surprised by the movie.  Certainly kept me engaged throughout the entire movie.

I watched The Force Awakens again over the weekend with my wife. This time without my nerd blinders on. It really is a pretty good flick, I think it shows the promise of where the series can go. I like the vision that JJ Abrams has for it. He seems to at least be somewhat interested in catering to the hardcore fans, something that George Lucas really couldn't have given two shits less about. It has it's flaws, but for taking on something so sacred, I think Abrams did a pretty admirable job.

That Rogue One trailer though, I'm stoked. I love that we're getting some prequel stories that kind of fill in the gaps in the original trilogy.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens (thanks Redbox).  While I wasn't overly impressed with the movie, there definitely were some twists and turns I wasn't expecting.  I was left with a few more questions than answers and I can only hope the future movies have some more meat to them other than the name 'Star Wars'.

And watched "Heart of the Sea".  I was surprised by the movie.  Certainly kept me engaged throughout the entire movie.

I watched The Force Awakens again over the weekend with my wife. This time without my nerd blinders on. It really is a pretty good flick, I think it shows the promise of where the series can go. I like the vision that JJ Abrams has for it. He seems to at least be somewhat interested in catering to the hardcore fans, something that George Lucas really couldn't have given two shits less about. It has it's flaws, but for taking on something so sacred, I think Abrams did a pretty admirable job.

That Rogue One trailer though, I'm stoked. I love that we're getting some prequel stories that kind of fill in the gaps in the original trilogy.

I'm excited about Rogue One.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:34 am

stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I'm excited about Rogue One.

I'm just glad the franchise has new life in it. I felt like George Lucas shit the bed with the Prequel Trilogy. So many missed opportunities with that. So many cool characters that he just killed off willy nilly, that could have been fan favorites. That whole conspiracy theory thing about Jar Jar originally being planned to be some kind of Sith Lord would've been extremely cool, and made Jar Jar's annoying antics in the Phantom Menace much more tolerable overall... But what we ended up with was a hot mess in my opinion.

I have high, high hopes for the series. Force Awakens definitely had some flaws, I think it borrowed a little bit too much from a New Hope, but it set a decent foundation in doing so, and avoided being a total disappointment. Rogue One just looks awesome from the little bit we've seen, I'm excited to see what other stories they can tell, I'd love to see a movie centered around Boba Fett and the Bounty Hunters.

harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 am

watched Sansho the Bailiff (1954) directed by Kenji Mizoguchi. It's about a noble family, headed by the father as a governor of a region in Japan who helps the peasants and is therefore sent into exile. Meanwhile his family is sold into slavery and suffer throughout the movie. Very good, if you like an of his work you'll enjoy this one too.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 7:22 am

watched the Samurai Rebellion (1967) starring Toshiro Mifune. Really good one about a lord in feudal Japan who forces his mistress on a samurai's family and then demands her back. The family must decide whether to risk losing everything to keep her in the family. Plots really good with some excellent fighting at the end.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 5:56 pm

finally saw Force Awakens myself, I was pretty happy with it. I agree with what most others have said. I am glad to see them catering to the old fans, but they also came out with a new and updated version. A few things I thought weren't up to par, and one thing that made me very upset. But for what it was, I was happy with it. Loved hearing that music!

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:59 am

finally saw Force Awakens myself, I was pretty happy with it.  I agree with what most others have said.  I am glad to see them catering to the old fans, but they also came out with a new and updated version.  A few things I thought weren't up to par, and one thing that made me very upset.  But for what it was, I was happy with it.  Loved hearing that music!

Which part made you upset?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:23 pm

JonM229 wrote:

I think I can say without giving anything away, Han Solo

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:56 am

JonM229 wrote:

The only thing about that whole deal I didn't like was that it was obvious as to what was going to happen. The movie couldn't have telegraphed it more (though I had my suspicions even before seeing the film).

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:16 pm

JonM229 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

The only thing about that whole deal I didn't like was that it was obvious as to what was going to happen.  The movie couldn't have telegraphed it more (though I had my suspicions even before seeing the film).

it's poopie

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:20 pm

JonM229 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

The only thing about that whole deal I didn't like was that it was obvious as to what was going to happen.  The movie couldn't have telegraphed it more (though I had my suspicions even before seeing the film).

agreed. as soon as the scene started i said to my son "i got a bad feeling about this"

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:41 am

JonM229 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Yeah as soon as I saw that walkway I was like bye Han.

I just wish Harrison Ford didn't hate the character so much, and want to kill him off so badly. I just don't get that. That character pretty well made his career. Han Solo is one of the most popular movie characters of all time, what more can someone ask for?

My biggest gripe of the movie is that his death was pretty unceremonious. The Resistance didn't even have like a funeral or anything for him, and he was a huge, huge war hero from the original war with the Galactic Empire. Made no sense to me at all.

harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:07 am

not to mention him and Luke won't have any scenes together.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:26 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Yeah as soon as I saw that walkway I was like bye Han.

Even before that, when Leia told Han to bring their son back.  I knew that shit wasn't happening. Though I had my suspicions after the casting was announced that Ford would only be in one of the movies.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 am

watched the Judge (2014) starring Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duval. I really enjoyed this one, about an estranged son who is a high time defense attorney who must defend his old-time-style judge of a father in a murder trial. Not a court drama as a much as about the family and it's past and ghosts. Nothing you haven't seen, but still well done, and the acting is great.

Also gave Intolerable Cruelty (2003) another chance. Directed by the Coen brothers and starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I haven't seen this one since it came out and I've never had anything nice to say about it, but now after not expecting a Big Lebowski or Oh Brother, I would have to say this is a very nice little movie.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 am

Also gave Intolerable Cruelty (2003) another chance.  Directed by the Coen brothers and starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones.  I haven't seen this one since it came out and I've never had anything nice to say about it, but now after not expecting a Big Lebowski or Oh Brother, I would have to say this is a very nice little movie.  

I like how the Coen Brothers tend to switch off between serious pieces and movies that just seem fun to make (and watch). It can make it hard to set your expectations, but I appreciate almost everything they've done.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 7:38 pm

JonM229 wrote:

I like how the Coen Brothers tend to switch off between serious pieces and movies that just seem fun to make (and watch).  It can make it hard to set your expectations, but I appreciate almost everything they've done.

yeah they definitely have an odd list of movies they've made. I guess that's one reason people are always complaining about their movies is because they expect something and don't get it

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 8:07 am

saw Grudge Match (2013) with Stallone and DeNiro. Really likeable movie if you enjoyed the Rocky movies or Raging Bull, especially due to a few homages sprinkled in here and there. Alan Arkin as Stallone's trainer is a highlight.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:23 am

Watched Kingsman over the weekend, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The previews always kind of made it look hokey to me, but I enjoyed the movie. Good bit of fun, kind of pokes fun at the whole gentleman spy "James Bond" genre, and manages to be pretty fun to watch at the same time. Kind of wish I'd of gone and seen it when it was in the theatre.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:45 am

I watched the documentary Welcome to Leith the other evening. A well-known white supremacist attempted to make Leith, ND White Power headquarters. He bought up parcels of the town and sold them to other high-ranking members of white supremacist movements. Luckily, the townspeople were having none of it, and a battle ensued over the future of the town. A very interesting movie that managed to cover all sides of the story.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:27 am

Going to see Captain America Civil War tonight. I'll be posting up a Youtube video sometime within the next few days with my review of the movie.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest movies you've watched   Latest movies you've watched - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest movies you've watched
Page 29 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next