Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)

Go down 
+3
SteelersYak
SteelCityMom
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 am

Game Balls:

1. Big Ben. He was sharp tonight. He made two bad mistakes ... the INT and holding onto the ball too long when he got sacked and injured. But for most of the game, he was money. And if he doesn't have the heart of a champion, I don't know who does.

2. Antonio Brown. He had the one dropped pass. But everything else he did was spectacular. He's starting to emerge as the No. 1 option.

3. William Gay. Another INT in a key situation, and he played solid all night. Before the season started, the majority of Steelers fans (including myself) wanted Gay to be cut. Right now, he's playing every bit as good as Ike.

4. The Cleveland Browns. We did our best to give them that game. They were just too pathetic of a team to capitalize on our mistakes.

5. Coach Tomlin. He made two decisions tonight that got my attention: 1) Going for a TD on fourth down instead of kicking a field goal to go up by 7. 2) Putting Ben back in the game in the second half. There's probably a lot of Steelers fans who disagreed with both calls (and I might just be one of them), but Tomlin showed something ... he has complete trust in his players. Too many times we get mad at coaches for playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Tonight, Tomlin played to win.

Goats:

1. Kemo. I don't even need to explain why.

2. The ref who overturned Brown's first-quarter catch. The ruling didn't affect the game, but that ruling was so horrible I had to include it here. It was ruled a catch on the field. In order to overturn a call, the ref needs to see conclusive evidence. They showed the replay numerous times, and there was no evidence that the ball touched the ground. It was a clean catch. And it wasn't even that difficult of a call. Even one of the announcers jokingly said Tomlin should throw the challenge flag and challenge the challenge. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1664291743

All in all, this was just a goofy game. The Steelers dominated it from start to finish. They looked good on both sides of the ball but kept killing themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers. I think all the bad plays were just a fluke, and we're lucky it happened against a bad team.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 am

I agree with all assessments. As well as the "goofy game" one. It was just one of those games...but it was one of those games where a lesser team would have just faltered and given up. These guys didn't, and that made all the difference.

I don't care who the opponent is, just play your best. There are past games this season (and some of them they've won), where they haven't shown much or any heart...this was not one of them.

Actually, I think I'm just glad this was against the Browns, and that they have 10 days to rest and prepare for the 9ers. It would have been a complete disaster if the games were reversed (I think).

Ok...no more downer talk. I truly am happy they won. 13-3 or 12-4 is practically a given right now. I like that.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 am

Gloat: The douchbag Browns fans that actually cheered (loudly) when Ben got hurt. They cheered louder when Ben got hurt than they did when they kicked the field goal.

Game ball: The reaction when they saw Ben coming back. "Oh shit" would sum up the reaction at about every table in the place.

This was the Browns Super Bowl and for us it was like trying to get a fly out of the house.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 am

Game balls:
Ben
Wllie Gay

Goat:
Offensive line (move the pile 3 freakin' yards would ya)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 am

Gilbert and Kemo killed us with their 6 penalties
Dropped passes again
Who was out of position on that 3rd and 20 draw when they picked up 28?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 am

Goats:

Kemo- More flies gather around this hot, juicy, steamy pile of garbage every week.

Refs- Not only the bullshit non-catch call on Brown, but the phantom holding call on Gay on Mundy's interception and the ticky tack personal foul on Farrior's bump on McCoy out of bounds. Colt should seriously consider a career in soccer or acting for that over-the-top performance.

Gilbert- Get your head in the game son.

Ward- He needs to hang onto the ball if he wants to get his 1,000.

Tomlin- Should have kicked the field goal. We could have lost because of that call.

Game Balls:

Ben- Another gutsy, gritty performance from the "Bionic Man"

Brown- Just when you think he can't get any better.... he does!

Troy- All over the field last night and finally gets a pick.

Gay- Are we watching "invasion of the Body Snatchers"? Who the hell stole the old Willie Gay? I want to shake his hand and tell him to keep him. I'm guessing Carnell Lake.

Redman- Had some hard runs and fights for every yard. I really wish he'd see more action, especially in goal line situations.

Arians- He had a good game plan in place from the early looks, but it was crushed by penalties, injuries, and turnovers. Not on him.

LeBeau- His D has only allowed 1 touchdown in 3 games. Outfuckingstanding!

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:22 pm

I just saw the following tweet from Dulac

Quote :
Steelers had pass play called on third down on goalline series, but Ben had to check out to a run because Browns overloaded right side.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:55 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

Quote :
Steelers had pass play called on third down on goalline series, but Ben had to check out to a run because Browns overloaded right side.

I still feel like Redman could have punched one of those in. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 2913999526

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Outfuckingstanding! Never knew that was a word. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:41 am

supytalpeht wrote:

Quote :

I'm OK with Ben changing the play to run if he saw something, but if the Browns overloaded the right side, why would they still run to the right? Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 294855916

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 am

Because it shouldn't matter if the Browns blitz 22 from the right, we should be able to dominate them Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 184121345

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:46 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Because it shouldn't matter if the Browns blitz 22 from the right, we should be able to dominate them Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 184121345
Have you seen our offensive line? Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1505004552

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:39 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Game Balls:

1. Big Ben. He was sharp tonight. He made two bad mistakes ... the INT and holding onto the ball too long when he got sacked and injured. But for most of the game, he was money. And if he doesn't have the heart of a champion, I don't know who does.

2. Antonio Brown. He had the one dropped pass. But everything else he did was spectacular. He's starting to emerge as the No. 1 option.

3. William Gay. Another INT in a key situation, and he played solid all night. Before the season started, the majority of Steelers fans (including myself) wanted Gay to be cut. Right now, he's playing every bit as good as Ike.

4. The Cleveland Browns. We did our best to give them that game. They were just too pathetic of a team to capitalize on our mistakes.

5. Coach Tomlin. He made two decisions tonight that got my attention: 1) Going for a TD on fourth down instead of kicking a field goal to go up by 7. 2) Putting Ben back in the game in the second half. There's probably a lot of Steelers fans who disagreed with both calls (and I might just be one of them), but Tomlin showed something ... he has complete trust in his players. Too many times we get mad at coaches for playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Tonight, Tomlin played to win.

Goats:

1. Kemo. I don't even need to explain why.

2. The ref who overturned Brown's first-quarter catch. The ruling didn't affect the game, but that ruling was so horrible I had to include it here. It was ruled a catch on the field. In order to overturn a call, the ref needs to see conclusive evidence. They showed the replay numerous times, and there was no evidence that the ball touched the ground. It was a clean catch. And it wasn't even that difficult of a call. Even one of the announcers jokingly said Tomlin should throw the challenge flag and challenge the challenge. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1664291743

All in all, this was just a goofy game. The Steelers dominated it from start to finish. They looked good on both sides of the ball but kept killing themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers. I think all the bad plays were just a fluke, and we're lucky it happened against a bad team.

We played just good enough to win. I agree Ben is the man. I also wanted Gay gone and man is he proving me wrong. It's gotta be Lake. Whatever it is I'm BUYING! I also think we have a new primary receiver. Unfortunately for Wallace it may make him hard to keep next year. BA did a good job of protecting Ben when he came back in with several run plays. My only complaint. Put Redman in on the goal line. That's it.

As far as the D Farrior's hit out of bounds was just plain stupid as well as Harrison's late hit on McCoy. This is where I usually complain about the refs but what does it matter? WE ALL KNOW THEY'RE FAIR AND IMPARTIAL!!! No Kemo--- don't let the door hit you in the ASSSSSSS Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 798776511 you idiot. Just to many penalties in this game. We better not play stupid against the 49ers.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:50 am

solardave wrote:
Outfuckingstanding! Never knew that was a word. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1549491426

Yep. It's in my own personal dicktionary. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Yep. It's in my own personal dicktionary (Fuck and Wagballs). Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Yep. It's in my own personal dicktionary. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3798349058

OK I may have to use you for a spotter the next time I play "Scrabble"! We're talkin' some serious points. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:08 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

OK I may have to use you for a spotter the next time I play "Scrabble"! We're talkin' some serious points. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1797695198

I'll be on call. Just dial 1-800-ASS-HOLE. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:40 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

I'll be on call. Just dial 1-800-ASS-HOLE. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3798349058

Now that's funny. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 am

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:

Rich kids that never had to work? Yeah like we had a team before the 70's. Sure we'd beat other teams have to death but we still lost most games. We finally turned it around and Cleveland has no gravity. IT JUST SUCKS!!! Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Now that's funny. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 1647293567

Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 4250924620

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:

"Cleveland comedian"? So when does he say something funny? Maybe the part about him having $50 on the Browns losing to the Steelers. I guess he probably doubled his life's savings right there. Pfffft! You'd think living in Cleveland as a source of inspiration for jokes he'd actually have a couple thousand. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 798776511

Front-runners? Yeah, I guess when I latched onto the Steelers in the early 80s I did it because of the steamrolling powerhouse they were through that decade. Who could forget such Hall of Fame greats as Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Tim Worley, Walter Abercrombie and Calvin Sweeney. Ahhhh, those were the golden years of Steeler football. Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 2800024739

Just because our team has great ownership with solid football minds running it, doesn't mean you have to be so spitefully jealous. Don't hate us 'cause you ain't us, son! Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 348340646 Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 568088689 Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 3056903510 Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) 929792854

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)   Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Browns ... Game Balls and Goats (Week 14)
Page 1 of 1