Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)

Go down 
+2
solardave
stlrtruck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) Empty
PostSubject: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 9:48 am

After the first quarter, I was concerned about this game and where this team was heading. But the resolve they showed and the beating they put on the clowns gives me new hope.

With that being said, hand out those trophies boys & girls:

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 am

Gameballs:
Devlin 'Duck' Hodges: helluva way to bounce back from weak playcalling
Snell: He did a great job of running the ball
Whyte: not sure what happen that he carried the load late, but he did great holding on to the ball
O-Line: they finally started making some holes, and kept Hodges relatively safe
Washington: showed why the Steelers took him
Defense: making plays when the team needed them and securing the victory late

Goats:
Fichtner: passive play calling in the first quarter got this team behind
Referees: I normally don't like blaming the refs, but they obviously aren't watching the games anymore
Vance McDonald: had multiple penalties which were the most inopportune

Player of the game:
I'd love to give it to a defensive guy but in my heart I truly believe Duck Hodges earned it with his play even after his OC set him up to fail

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am

I was only able to watch highlights so I don't want to guess about who gets GBs & GTs.

From what I was hearing Washington showed up big time and Duck showed he could be resilient. It sounded like a team effort once again. I agree Fitchner needs to get his head out of his ass and let this kid play.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 pm

solardave wrote:
I was only able to watch highlights so I don't want to guess about who gets GBs & GTs.

From what I was hearing Washington showed up big time and Duck showed he could be resilient. It sounded like a team effort once again. I agree Fitchner needs to get his head out of his ass and let this kid play.
I think Fitchner was more afraid than Devlin. This kid can sling it. When they finally let him QB, he moved the team well.

He needs to learn to step up in the pocket instead of backing away. But at least he reacts to pressure (unlike poor MR who looked like a deer caught in headlights).
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm

Game balls:

Washington: Great contested catches. It looks like he's going to be the next great Steelers WR.
Snell: That 11 yard run from our own 1 was impressive and he has a spinning mouthpiece Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) 1797695198
Watt: He's a serious candidate for DPOY.
Dupree: He's almost as good as TJ lately.
Haden: A great interception to top off a strong game.
Tomlin: He changed the defense during the halftime and he's not wearing t-shirts that can be seen as a motivation for opponents Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) 1797695198
Freddie Kitchens: He wears t-shirts that motivate opponents.
Honorable mention: Duck: He played good, but his interception could have had big consequences.

Goats:
Diontae Johnson: His worst game in a long time.
Refs: The Hodges false start, not overturning to a touchback and the Dupree roughing the passer call were all terrible decisions that could have cost us the game.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Gameballs:

Duck
Washington...maybe he is developing into a good WR. Things might look better offensively when he teams with JuJu
The D for standing up and shutting down the Browns after the INT and for holding them to 13 points
Haden for clinching the game
Browns players on sidelines...they made my week final few minutes of game with those somber "I can't believe we're losing" faces

Goats:

Fichtner for calling that pass 1st down 4th quarter that was intercepted and Johnson for watching the INT happen. That play could have lost the game.

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Gameballs:

Duck
Washington...maybe he is developing into a good WR. Things might look better offensively when he teams with JuJu
The D for standing up and shutting down the Browns after the INT and for holding them to 13 points
Browns players on sidelines...they made my week final few minutes of game with those somber "I can't believe we're losing" faces

Goats:

Fichtner for calling that pass 1st down 4th quarter that was intercepted and Johnson for watching the INT happen. That play could have lost the game.

That one fits the adage, "its a good play if it works, its a bad play if it doesn't." If Dionte Johnson keeps running instead of stopping short, maybe it would've been a catch, probably it wouldn't have been intercepted. On the other hand, all three of those contested balls that Washington caught, could have been intercepted. Would they have been bad plays if they'd been intercepted?

You've got to let your QB throw the ball, and your QB has to give his receiver a shot at it. The rest is just football.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 4:40 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Gameballs:

Duck

Goats:

That one fits the adage, "its a good play if it works, its a bad play if it doesn't."  If Dionte Johnson keeps running instead of stopping short, maybe it would've been a catch, probably it wouldn't have been intercepted.  On the other hand, all three of those contested balls that Washington caught, could have been intercepted.  Would they have been bad plays if they'd been intercepted?

You've got to let your QB throw the ball, and your QB has to give his receiver a shot at it.  The rest is just football.

I agree Nine. Live by the sword. One of the things they said about JW early on was he makes combat catches. We didn't see that in the beginning but we are now. I always thought the potential was there. I think his confidence will grow and he is going to be something special. I think DJ will be pretty good too. By this time next year we may have one of the best WR corps in the league.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Give the Duck Hunter QB a game ball and another duck hunt quack LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)   Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game balls & Goats (browns @ Steelers 12/1/19)
Page 1 of 1