Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger thought his leg was broken Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:16 am

Posted by Mike Florio

When Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger went down in the second quarter of Monday night’s game and his leg bent in a way that legs shouldn’t bend, he thought what everyone watching the game though.

“I thought my leg was broken, honestly,” Roethlisberger said after Thursday night’s game, according to Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “One of the most painful things I’ve ever felt. I didn’t want to feel that my foot was outside of my leg.”

Even though he was determined to return after halftime, Roethlisberger wasn’t sure how long he could continue. “The plan on my part was basically to give it one or two more plays and see how I could do it,” Roethlisberger said. “It wasn’t for any other reason than to be out there for my guys.”

An MRI on Friday will reveal the extent of the injury. And the injury affected him during the third and fourth quarters of the game.

“I really couldn’t drop back to pass and really couldn’t step into my throws,” Roethlisberger said. “They did such a phenomenal job of kind of keeping me clean. That was my intention of coming back. I wanted to be there for the guys and let them know I’m going to fight for them.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/roethlisberger-thought-his-leg-was-broken/
----------------------------------------------

After the second sexual assault allegation, Ben talked about his need to step up and be a better leader, both on and off the field. I argued at the time that it probably wouldn't happen ... that you can't just decide to be a good leader ... either you are or you aren't. I'm glad I was wrong.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

This man is beginning to remind me of Michael Myers from the "Halloween" movies. You can shoot him, stab him, set him on fire, hit him with a car, or whatever.... but he just keeps coming! Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 2583843358

I love it! Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 348340646

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 am

A photoshop I did a while back seems even more appropriate now. Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 3056903510

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken Comicso

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:35 am

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 1549491426

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
This man is beginning to remind me of Michael Myers from the "Halloween" movies. You can shoot him, stab him, set him on fire, hit him with a car, or whatever.... but he just keeps coming! Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 2583843358

I love it! Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 348340646

Michael Myer IS MY HERO!!! Now he is anyway. Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 1378315869 Like Robocop he just doesn't quit. Do you guys remember early on in his career someone called him a drama queen saying he acted like he was hurt a lot. I guess his acting ability is diminishing as his toughness grows. Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 3135543967
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken Roethlisberger-ap-662

I'm pretty sure ankles aren't made to twist like that

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:01 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I'm pretty sure ankles aren't made to twist like that

And I'm pretty sure faces weren't meant to have mustaches like this. Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 1797695198

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 15-51

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
And I'm pretty sure faces weren't meant to have mustaches like this. Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 1797695198

That's just jealousy. I'm sure that once you hit puberty, you will be able to grow facial hair too.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

That's just jealousy. I'm sure that once you hit puberty, you will be able to grow facial hair too.

I want to stay a kid forever if I have to look like that! Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken   Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger thought his leg was broken
Page 1 of 1