Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays   James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2011, 4:33 PM EST

Shortly after he was suspended for a game for another helmet-to-helmet hit on another opponent, Steelers linebacker James Harrison told a former teammate that he has no intention of changing the way he plays.

Harrison had a conversation with former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, who said on ESPN’s NFL Live that Harrison told him he’s going to keep playing the way he has always played, despite the league office cracking down on him for his head shot on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

“He told me he can’t,” Bettis said when asked if Harrison would change the way he plays.

Bettis said Harrison doesn’t think he did anything wrong when he hit McCoy, and that he could have hurt McCoy a lot worse if he had wanted to.

“He told me that it was laughable that this was the case — it wasn’t a funny situation but it’s laughable that he would get suspended over what he felt was a very, very small incident,” Bettis said. “In his words, ‘If I would have really hit him I would have close to knocked him out.’”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/13/james-harrison-says-he-cant-and-wont-change-the-way-he-plays/

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays   James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 pm

That's not good. If the league continues down this path and Harrison won't change the way he plays then he could actually end up being a liability.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays   James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 am

supytalpeht wrote:
That's not good. If the league continues down this path and Harrison won't change the way he plays then he could actually end up being a liability.

They're asking a Leopard to change his spots. Next they'll create a pocket for wide receivers kinds like the fair catch. A defender will have to give him 5 yards all around to catch a pass.

Hey I've got an idea: no more rushing the QB period. You can't touch him period. There will be no more sacks. No late hits or roughing.Games will go 4-5 hours because some of the lesser QB's will stand in the pocket for minutes instead of seconds. They won't have to scramble. This is where we're heading. Brady ball!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays   James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1