Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison returns from ban Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison returns from ban

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

James Harrison returns from ban Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison returns from ban   James Harrison returns from ban EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Updated: December 21, 2011, 5:51 PM ET
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison understands his helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy was illegal by the letter of the law.

He can also understand, grudgingly, why the NFL suspended him one game as punishment for a series of similar hits over the last three seasons.

on Browns being punished for Colt McCoy incident
What Harrison doesn't quite understand, however, is why the Browns haven't also been disciplined by the league for allowing McCoy to return to the game so quickly if the quarterback was in such bad shape.

"If he was hurt so bad I don't know why they let him back in ... two plays later," Harrison said. "Something should be done to them, I would think. I don't know. I got a game, what should they get?"

McCoy was escaping pressure late in the fourth quarter when he tucked the ball as if to run. Harrison, who had been in coverage, approached ready to strike. McCoy pulled up at the last second and flipped the ball to running back Montario Hardesty right before Harrison mashed McCoy with his facemask.

Harrison contended after the game that McCoy ducked. Looking at the tape he's not so sure.

"I guess he's a little shorter, who knows? I don't know," Harrison said. "When it came down to it, my helmet hit his. Oh well."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7377036/pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-questions-cleveland-browns-handling-colt-mccoy

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison returns from ban   James Harrison returns from ban EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am

Watch out Rams. James Harrison returns from ban 3102619762

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison returns from ban   James Harrison returns from ban EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:12 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Watch out Rams. James Harrison returns from ban 3102619762

need Harrison seems Woodley has mailed it in [hamstring] until the playoffs.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison returns from ban   James Harrison returns from ban Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1