Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame

Go down 
+2
fer69
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Dejan Kovacevic, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

INDIANAPOLIS — The richly traveled route from Pittsburgh to Canton gained three more followers Sunday with the elections of Dermontti Dawson and senior choice Jack Butler of the Steelers, plus Curtis Martin of Allderdice High School and Pitt and defensive end Chris Doleman of Pitt, into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

But there remains no mass transit.

Jerome Bettis, "The Bus" who barreled his way to the NFL's No. 5 all-time rushing yardage with 13,662, fell short of election in his second year of eligibility.

Read more: Steelers' Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_780080.html#ixzz1lSUEmJ3A

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm

i feel bad for the BUS but i know he'll be there next year

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
BigRick
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Congrats to them. Wish the Bus could have went with them. Hopefully next year. Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame 1647293567 Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame 1647293567
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm

dawson should have been in there a long time ago. its good to see him finally make it

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 am

vasteeler wrote:
dawson should have been in there a long time ago. its good to see him finally make it

I agree. He was an elite center like Webster and Stevenson of Miami. I put him in the top 10 of all time.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 am

Congratulations to Dawson and Butler. Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame 1647293567 Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame 3056903510

Dirt was a glaring Hall omission for the Steelers. Jerome will get his soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame   Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawson, Butler elected to Hall of Fame
Page 1 of 1