Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCut players won’t be returning to the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Posted by Josh Alper on March 26, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT

When the Steelers cut several veteran members of the team to get under the cap earlier this month, there wasn’t much said about the chances that any of them could return at lower salaries.

For wide receiver Hines Ward, who announced his retirement, and defensive end Aaron Smith, who hinted at it, that’s not much of a consideration. It isn’t much of one for linebacker James Farrior or guard Chris Kemoeatu either, judging by comments made by general manager Kevin Colbert at the owners meetings when asked if any of the players could return, something Farrior hinted at when he was released.

“No,” Colbert said via the team’s website. “When we terminated those players we felt that their time as a Steeler was over and it was time for everybody to move forward. I think when they all left they know that you can never say never. But they also know that was their last time as a Steeler.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/cut-players-wont-be-returning-to-the-steelers/

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:50 pm

i honestly feel we would gain nothing by bringing any of them back. they were all cut for a reason

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i honestly feel we would gain nothing by bringing any of them back. they were all cut for a reason

I agree, but I'd like to keep them on speed-dial in case of injuries. Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I agree, but I'd like to keep them on speed-dial in case of injuries. Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers 1797695198

Except Kemo. I'd loose his #.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I'd lose thought of him altogether.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I'd lose his number, address, AND e-mail. Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers 1797695198

There's no possible way in Hell things could ever get bad enough to feel the need to call that load of crap back. No

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers   Cut players won’t be returning to the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1