Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace Interested In Returning To Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers

Go down 
+22
jak341
Rhyno
Buddha Bus
steelers5895
OX1947
FanSince72
harrison'samonster
FrancoLambert
andywitmyer
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
dave n'at
IowaSteeler927
Lokki
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
SteelersYak
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
solardave
Wallace108
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 4:00 am

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – Since leaving the Steelers in free agency for a 5-year, $60 million contract with the Miami Dolphins, wide receiver Mike Wallace hasn’t come close to putting up the numbers he did in Pittsburgh.

With three years remaining on his contract and the Dolphins reportedly looking for a way out of the deal, Wallace has begun to look at potential landing spots.

According to CBS NFL Insider Jason la Canfora, Wallace has expressed interest in reuniting with the Steelers.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/02/27/report-mike-wallace-interested-in-returning-to-steelers/

I do believe that one Wallace in Steeler Nation is already one too many. Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 755331329

I argued that our receiving corps wouldn't be as good without Wallace, and I was wrong. I argued that Brown hadn't proven that he could be a No. 1 receiver. Technically I wasn't wrong, because at the time Brown hadn't proven anything other than he had potential to be a solid receiver. Although I saw potential in him, I most certainly didn't foresee him becoming the receiver he has become, and that's why I thought we needed to keep Wallace. Clearly, I was wrong in that regard. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that there is zero chance of Wallace returning to the Steelers. Well, actually, you should never say never ... so I'll say there's less than a 1 percent chance he'll return to the Steelers. Even if Wallace could still be a deep threat, we already have 3 receivers who more than fill that role. What we need is a quality slot receiver ... someone who can go across the middle and move the chains. That's definitely not Mike Wallace. I don't doubt that Wallace would like to return, but I feel confident in saying that the Steelers have no interest in entertaining the thought, even if he would fill a need (which he wouldn't). His holdout is forgivable (plenty of players have held out). But the way he phoned it in when he returned (knowing it would be his final year with the Steelers) is unforgivable. In the end, he got what he deserved ... not for holding out, but for not giving a shit when he returned.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – Since leaving the Steelers in free agency for a 5-year, $60 million contract with the Miami Dolphins, wide receiver Mike Wallace hasn’t come close to putting up the numbers he did in Pittsburgh.

With three years remaining on his contract and the Dolphins reportedly looking for a way out of the deal, Wallace has begun to look at potential landing spots.

According to CBS NFL Insider Jason la Canfora, Wallace has expressed interest in reuniting with the Steelers.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/02/27/report-mike-wallace-interested-in-returning-to-steelers/

I do believe that one Wallace in Steeler Nation is already one too many. Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 755331329

I argued that our receiving corps wouldn't be as good without Wallace, and I was wrong. I argued that Brown hadn't proven that he could be a No. 1 receiver. Technically I wasn't wrong, because at the time Brown hadn't proven anything other than he had potential to be a solid receiver. Although I saw potential in him, I most certainly didn't foresee him becoming the receiver he has become, and that's why I thought we needed to keep Wallace. Clearly, I was wrong in that regard. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that there is zero chance of Wallace returning to the Steelers. Well, actually, you should never say never ... so I'll say there's less than a 1 percent chance he'll return to the Steelers. Even if Wallace could still be a deep threat, we already have 3 receivers who more than fill that role. What we need is a quality slot receiver ... someone who can go across the middle and move the chains. That's definitely not Mike Wallace. I don't doubt that Wallace would like to return, but I feel confident in saying that the Steelers have no interest in entertaining the thought, even if he would fill a need (which he wouldn't). His holdout is forgivable (plenty of players have held out). But the way he phoned it in when he returned (knowing it would be his final year with the Steelers) is unforgivable. In the end, he got what he deserved ... not for holding out, but for not giving a shit when he returned.
Wally I don't think I can add much to this. I agree with it all especially the fact that we do not need him. I will add that he is soft and a slacker.IMHO.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm

the moment you say zero chance of him returning, is the larger chance he'll return.

However, I agree that we don't need him and our WR corp has proven themselves to be viable without him.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 pm

It's probably not a coincidence that Bouchette wrote this story on the heels of the report about Wallace ...

Quote :
Wide receivers good as gold(en)

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It may be impossible to top what John Stallworth and Lynn Swann did in the 1970s for the Steelers. Both starting wide receivers are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame after playing nine seasons together.

Yet, those were not the glory days of wide receivers for the Steelers. These are those days.

Over the past 13 seasons, Steelers receiving records were broken and then shattered again by different men. Antonio Brown may have put those records out of reach last season when he led the NFL with 129 catches -- second most in league history -- for 1,698 yards. But if anyone can top those, it would be Brown.

READ MORE: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/03/01/Steelers-receivers-good-as-gold-en/stories/201503010121

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:48 am

Tomlin called him a one-trick-poney. Did Wallace learn anything new in Miami?

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 1704048833
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:02 pm

NO! No Wallace.

To be honest, there is a part of me that likes his speed.

After that interview in Miami, he proved what a childish diva he really is.   We don't need that crap in our locker room.

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:21 am

No thanks on Wallace. Our WRs are fine.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Mike Wallace: 'Without a doubt, I'm the fastest player in the NFL'

ESPN.com news services

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0505%2Fnfl_a_wallace_b1_1296x729

The Vikings' Mike Wallace says there's no player faster than himself in the NFL.

Mike Wallace has proclaimed himself the NFL's fastest player, and he'd be willing to race any challengers to prove it.

"Without a doubt, I'm the fastest player in the NFL," the Minnesota Vikings receiver told the Pioneer Press on Tuesday. "If somebody feels foggy about that, we can [race]. I'm never going to back down from competition.''

The 28-year-old Wallace told the newspaper that his personal best in the 40-yard dash is 4.21 seconds, which would be faster than the best time ever posted at the NFL scouting combine, by running back Chris Johnson (4.24 in 2008).

to read rest of story:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12828713/mike-wallace-minnesota-vikings-boasts-fastest-player-nfl
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:03 pm

I do think that some Steelers fans are selling him short because of the bad blood he had with the Steelers. Yes he's a one trick pony but his trick is still probably the best in NFL. That's being said, the ship has sailed. The Steelers have moved on and are doing well. No reason for them to look back.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:06 pm

He's a two trick pony. The fast go route running receiver is one. Being a selfish bitch of a diva receiver is the other.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:45 am

Glad we flushed that turd awhile back, and I'm glad we didn't end up letting him float back up to the surface again. He got double flushed when the Vikings signed him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
dave n'at
Banned
dave n'at

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:32 am

These 3 consecutive blurbs on his Wiki are oh-so satisfying. See for yourself:
Wikipedia wrote:
2012 season
After the 2011 season, Wallace held out from all of the team's OTAs, and held out the majority of training camp. He reported on August 28, 2012. Wallace became a free agent at the conclusion of the 2012 season.

Miami Dolphins
On March 12, 2013, Wallace was reportedly signed by the Miami Dolphins in a five-year deal worth $60 million.[16][17] Wallace's father revealed that despite the fact that the Minnesota Vikings offered a bigger contract, Mike decided to move his home to a warmer Miami.[18]

Minnesota Vikings
On March 13, 2015, the Dolphins traded Wallace and a 2015 seventh-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick.[19]

Really puts him in perspective lol

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:45 am

one year vet minimum
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyThu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

it's time to shut up about Mike Wallace...

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers Shut_up
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:28 am

Brown, Bryant, Wheaton as our 1,2,3 sounds fine to me. Just for shits and giggles though lets say Wallace did come back (he wont) but if he did where would he fit in? I would suggest this total shake up, and call me crazy. #1 Bryant #2 Brown #3 Wallace/#4 Wheaton visa/versa (assuming Coates doesnt start.)

Keep in mind by saying #1 receiver it dosen't necessarily mean #1 is better than #2 its more of a play style and skill set thing.

I saw flashes last year of Bryant's pass catching ability, and he was just getting better and better as the year went on, there is no telling how good this kid could get. If he can improve a little on going up in the air and getting the ball, wow he could be amazing, I don't know if he could ever be as good as Brown, as they are hard to compare because they are so different, but I think Bryant could certainly be  #1 "X" type WR on some teams, and if we shook things up he could handle those duties here he is fast enough and could develop into a monster X type receiver.  Brown could still be the same guy as a Z type receiver, he could do everything there that he has done the past couple seasons. Then what we do is slip Wallace into the slot, Wallace is fast, that doesn't mean he has to sprint down the field and then hope the ball finds him, use Wallace on some shorter passes, let him burn the corners after he catches the ball and let him share those duties with Wheaton. It could really make for an interesting playbook.

Of course this idea is radical and will never happen and probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to  do and may not even be practical, but its some food for thought. I don't think I'll be taking Haleys job any time soon so don't get too excited. Bottom line is we have enough talent at receiver without Wallace, he would only be a distraction.

Xtreme Newb
andywitmyer

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:23 pm

I'd welcome Wallace back, but we don't really need him at this point. It's "nice" that he wants to be a Steeler again, but it's his fault for following the money trail instead of staying where he was solid and in system that favored his style of play. Like him or not, no one can deny that he and Ben had a great chemistry and it would be killer to see Brown and Wallace on the same team. The kind of numbers the two could combine (assuming that Wallace isn't in his diva-mode) would be ridiculous.

I'm not sure what to think about this. My brain keeps telling me, "Wallace had his chance and he blew it when he sold out." but my heart is like, "WALLACE! COME BACK!!!!" It's either that, or I'm a schizophrenic.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Hmmm....a cancerous tumor is removed.  Wait, let's put it back we're better off with it.    Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 2672159185
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:18 pm

May 18 Updates

Dolphins extend QB Ryan Tannehill (6 years, $96M; $21.5M guaranteed): A- Grade

It feels strange that Ryan Tannehill would get a $96 million contract with $45 million guaranteed. My first thought was that this was too much, and there are many who agree with that opinion, given that Tannehill has no track record of playoff success in his career. However, after thinking about it, I now believe that this is a fair deal and a quality move by Miami.

Here are a few things to consider: First of all, Tannehill is just 26, and he has gotten better every single year. He threw for 4,045 yards, 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2014 despite being paired with one of the NFL's least-efficient receivers in Mike Wallace...

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#J1PukrHvySIP4pB4.99
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Mike Wallace had one catch for 10 yards today in the Viqueens' 10-9 loss to the Seahags.

yeah, he's worth $12 million/season... Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 568088689
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:11 pm

vet minimum and a "no camera time" clause

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Mike Wallace had one catch for 10 yards today in the Viqueens' 10-9 loss to the Seahags.

yeah, he's worth $12 million/season... Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers 568088689

I'd take 'Tone back before Wallace.

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:04 pm

I think the Steelers are set with receivers. Eventually they are gonna have to let either Wheaton or Bryant go in free agency too.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:15 pm

NFL Rumors - Feb 10 Updates:

Mike Wallace isn't expected to return to Minnesota in 2016. - Matt Vensel , Minneapolis Star-Tribune

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Man I remember just about everyone going nuts when they didn't re-sign him.  Here is a scenario that works for me ( It is really unlikely but what the heck, what else can we talk about)

Trade Wheaton for a DB, maybe a Kenny Vaccarro from the Saints, or to Miami and we get McCain back or someone of that caliber.

Sign a humbled and bargain salary Wallace as our #3.  Wheaton is going to want decent coin soon and rather pay a young DB we trade for then Wheaton.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 1:56 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Be fair, Teddy "Pro Bowler" Bridgewater is not actually good at throwing deep ball, or anything. You can't stetch the field when everyone knows that the QB couldn't throw that deep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next