Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
Gingerchip
fer69
effyou515
Wallace108
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? Empty
PostSubject: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Mike Wallace's holdout could be coming to an end shortly.

Wallace, the Steelers' leading receiver, is expected to report to the team before the regular season begins, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. This doesn't guarantee that Wallace will be catching passes in Week 1 -- Schefter prefaced this with "he always could change his mind" -- but this is the first indication that Wallace is not planning to extend his holdout into the regular season.

Wallace, who has yet to sign his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender, only needs to be on the roster for six weeks to be eligible for unrestricted free agency next season. So, there was always a chance he could repeat what Vincent Jackson did in 2010 and sit out the first 10 games of the regular season.

ESPN's John Clayton predicted Wallace will return to the Steelers before the start of the regular season in his weekly mailbag because Wallace will lose $159,000 each week in salary.

According to Clayton, the Steelers are offering a five-year contract worth more than $50 million. Wallace wants around $11.5 million per year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/52550/wallace-expected-to-report-before-season-begins?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is both good and bad. It's good if he doesn't hold out during regular season games, but it's bad if he shows up at the last minute and isn't ready to go by week one. And it doesn't leave much (if any) time for contract talks. Steelers don't negotiate during the season. So if he blows any chance of getting a deal (which is the likely outcome if he comes in that late), then why not come in now and get prepared to play for that big contract next year from another team. If he doesn't come in until right before the first game, he won't be starting for a while. He's only hurting himself .... again.

And John Clayton says Wallace wants $11.5 million per year? I'm sure a lot of fans will still say that Wallace wants Fitz money. Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 131212936
But seriously ... where are reporters/analysts getting all these numbers from? I've seen a ton of reports stating what Wallace is demanding, and they've all been different. We know the Steelers don't talk, and Wallace isn't talking. So where are they getting it from? And nearly everyone of them are reporting their numbers as fact and not naming any sources. It's journalism 101, fellas.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm

All I can say is he wants more money then the Steelers are willing to pay. Let him walk and draft more speed in next years draft. Won't be the first player the Steelers let walk.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm

He ain't worth 11.5 mil per year(these guys know a little more than we do)I honestly don't give a rats ass if he shows up and I don't think the steelers give two shits either or they'd be knocking on this guys door

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I have to admit that every morning I check this forum and hope to see "Wallace reports to camp". (How sad is that?)

Quote :
But seriously ... where are reporters/analysts getting all these numbers from?

Exactly. Since no one is talking, one has to wonder. Although seems that every organization has some type of "leak". Remember when someone leaked that Hines was going to be released? My guess is somewhere along the line someone within the Steeler organization talked and word got out.

Quote :
All I can say is he wants more money then the Steelers are willing to pay.

Yes - at least this statement is definitely true.

I hate to say this, but I really really think we are going to need him. I kept saying we wouldn't, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Crap Wallace, just get to the Burgh and give me peace of mind. Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 3579401738

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I've seen a ton of reports stating what Wallace is demanding, and they've all been different. We know the Steelers don't talk, and Wallace isn't talking. So where are they getting it from? And nearly everyone of them are reporting their numbers as fact and not naming any sources. It's journalism 101, fellas.

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 8BallMike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? MerchantGould8Ball640

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Training camp ends on the 17th. Even if he waits to report until the next practice after the next preseason game, on the 21st, that would give him almost 3 weeks to get acclimated. That's plenty of time...let's just hope he takes that route.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

fer69 wrote:
He ain't worth 11.5 mil per year

Actually, that's probably pretty close to what he's worth. Not saying the Steelers will (or would) give that to him, but if you look at other receivers around the league and what they're making, that amount is about right for Wallace. It's high, but not crazy high.

Gingerchip wrote:
Since no one is talking, one has to wonder. Although seems that every organization has some type of "leak". Remember when someone leaked that Hines was going to be released? My guess is somewhere along the line someone within the Steeler organization talked and word got out.
Yeah, I'm sure someone is leaking stuff. But with so many different figures being thrown around, which one do you believe? Which report is legitimate, and which ones are reporters/analysts just editorializing?

Quote :
All I can say is he wants more money then the Steelers are willing to pay.

Not necessarily. The roadblock might not be total dollar amount, but something like the amount of guaranteed money or number of years. We don't know. And as the saying goes ... those who know don't say, and those who say don't know.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Mike Wallace to return by Week 1
Updated: August 14, 2012, 12:00 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Mike Wallace has been absent so far from the Pittsburgh Steelers' training camp but he's expected to return by the time games count.

The wide receiver, who wants a long-term contract and hasn't signed his tender offer from the Steelers, is expected to report to the team before the regular season begins, people who have spoken to him told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The Steelers refuse to negotiate with Wallace on a new deal until he shows up and signs his one-year, $2.7 million tender.

Wallace, a starter in the Pro Bowl last season, did not take part in any of the Steelers' offseason workouts or minicamp.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh last week that the holdout wide receiver is staying in shape.

"I gave him a call to wish him happy birthday and see how he was doing," Roethlisberger said. "And Mike's training hard. He's training with his helmet on just like he'd be here. So he's doing a lot of things. And I have confidence he'll be here and ready to go for the season."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8267770/mike-wallace-pittsburgh-steelers-back-week-1-sources-say

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Well, first he said he knows it's not good to miss camp. Well, that's unfortunate. He missed most of it.

Now, let's see if he shows up for at LEAST the third preseason game. Hell, i'd like to see him on the sidelines on Sunday!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Well, first he said he knows it's not good to miss camp. Well, that's unfortunate. He missed most of it.

Now, let's see if he shows up for at LEAST the third preseason game. Hell, i'd like to see him on the sidelines on Sunday!
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if he's there by Sunday or even for the third game. My guess (and of course that's all it is) is that he'll show up after the third preseason game, get in a week of work, and play in the final preseason game.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm not entirely sure Tomlin would even play him if that's the case.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

why can't he just show up and be with the guys even if he doesn't play i'm sure the steelers will give him his money show up sign you tender and workout a long term deal

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:37 am

Steelers Notes: Could Wallace be returning?
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:11 am | Updated: 12:27 am, Thu Aug 16, 2012.
By Mike Bires

LATROBE -- On Day 23 of Mike Wallace’s holdout, there’s growing speculation among the Steelers that it will end soon.

“There’s a little buzz around the team that he’ll be coming back pretty soon,” fellow WR Emmanuel Sanders said. “I don’t know the exact date, but it’s looking pretty good.”

No one is expecting Wallace to show up this week as the Steelers wind down training camp. But players and coaches alike hope that Wallace may show up as early as next week when the Steelers start practicing at team headquarters in Pittsburgh.

“I haven’t heard anything factual or anything that sounds solid (about Wallace showing up), so we’ll continue to coach the guys who are here,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. “But I am looking forward to seeing him, hopefully soon rather than later.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-notes-could-wallace-be-returning/article_cafc76b5-42c8-56dd-a8d1-dbe59dfb9e87.html

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:47 am

Todd Haley: "You want a guy like that involved as much as you can because he is a difference maker."

Emmanuel Sanders:
"We all know Mike takes the top off the defense. He stretches the field with his speed. He allows me and Antonio (Brown) to get (open) underneath. We’re excited about having him back. He’s a great asset to our receiver corps, and he’s a great asset to this team."

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 am

come on mikey, get it done

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm

cave into Wallace front office and watch the rest of these morons wanting bigger contracts hold out and act like diva's. I hope not hate to see the Steelers become just like the other teams in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Todd Haley: "You want a guy like that involved as much as you can because he is a difference maker."

Emmanuel Sanders:
"We all know Mike takes the top off the defense. He stretches the field with his speed. He allows me and Antonio (Brown) to get (open) underneath. We’re excited about having him back. He’s a great asset to our receiver corps, and he’s a great asset to this team."

You really can't stand the thought of having to change your username, can you? Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 1797695198 when is this soon going to happen?

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm

I hope they only offer him like 3 mil and a 12 pack of Pepsi Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
You really can't stand the thought of having to change your username, can you? Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 3798349058
Actually, without Ward and Wallace, I can't stand the thought of our passing game getting worse and hearing Arians Apologists saying, "SEE!!! It WASN'T Arians' fault. Our passing game was better when Arians was here."

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Come on Wallace, get your arse in to camp, and the Steelers will do what's right!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?   Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Wallace returning to Steelers soon?
Page 1 of 1