Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMemphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 pm

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Last updated: 12:31 pm

The Steelers are hosting five college prospects, including Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe, on the final day for pre-draft visits.

The 6-4, 346-pound Poe is considered a surefire first-round pick, and he is of particular interest to the Steelers considering veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton is going into the final year of his contract.

Poe sent his stock soaring at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, as he bench-pressed 225 pounds 44 times and ran a 4.98 in the 40-yard dash. He is one of the top defensive tackle prospects in the draft, and he may be gone before the Steelers' first-round pick, No. 24 overall.

The Steelers are also meeting with Cincinnati tight end Adrien Robinson, SMU guard Kelvin Beachum, Arkansas wide receiver Gregory Childs and Colorado wide receiver Toney Clemons at their South Side headquarters.

Read more: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_791854.html#ixzz1sQOKk9qZ

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:14 am

since I don't follow college much the only one I recognize is Poe. Listening to Mike Mayock (he makes sense to me) on NFL network he says there are issues with Poe's work ethic. Sounds like Hampton. We don't need a guy with a ton of upside coming to camp over weight and out of shape year in and year out.

After saying that if he is there take him.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 am

I hope the Steelers (wrongly) gamble on Poe, which would allow Hightower to fall to the Ravens.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

JonM229 wrote:
I hope the Steelers (wrongly) gamble on Poe, which would allow Hightower to fall to the Ravens.

I'd rather we pick Hightower and you guys "wrongly pick Poe"!!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Poe would be the perfect fit for the Ravens. They could nickname him Edgar Allan. Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers 1797695198

Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

I am pretty sure someone else will gamble on Poe before the draft gets to 24. At least I hope so, Poe has too much potential to be terrible in the NFL.

He has the size and strength, but his work ethic, game knowledge, and overall playability are lacking, I would be dissapointed if we drafted him.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 pm

hindes204 wrote:
I am pretty sure someone else will gamble on Poe before the draft gets to 24. At least I hope so, Poe has too much potential to be terrible in the NFL.

He has the size and strength, but his work ethic, game knowledge, and overall playability are lacking, I would be dissapointed if we drafted him.

From everything I've been hearing about the game tape on him, his penchant for taking plays off, and his underwhelming performances against lesser talent I'd be disappointed as well. I say pass.

Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
hindes204 wrote:

From everything I've been hearing about the game tape on him, his penchant for taking plays off, and his underwhelming performances against lesser talent I'd be disappointed as well. I say pass.

Precisely.

Unfortunately, more teams realized that after his amazing combine numbers and now his stock is starting to fall back where it was. That means he may be available by the time we get to pick. I am hoping some team wants to take a chance on him so it makes our decision much easier.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

hindes204 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
hindes204 wrote:

Precisely.

Unfortunately, more teams realized that after his amazing combine numbers and now his stock is starting to fall back where it was. That means he may be available by the time we get to pick. I am hoping some team wants to take a chance on him so it makes our decision much easier.

I truly feel that the story that came out saying the Steelers see him as the heir apparent to Hampton guarantees they won't be selecting him unless by some miracle he falls to them in the second round. The Steelers would never tip their hand like that. It's a smokescreen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers   Memphis DT Poe among five prospects visiting Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1