Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFavorite non-Steelers players Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Favorite non-Steelers players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Favorite non-Steelers players Empty
PostSubject: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 am

Past or present, who are your favorite non-Steelers players? Or in the case of Jon and jj, favorite non-Raven, Giant players?

No. 1 on my list is Barry Sanders. In the late 80s and early 90s, I used to love watching Detroit play. I never saw a running back like him before or since.

And whenever he scored, he just handed the ball to the ref and trotted back to the sideline. I remember one Thanksgiving day game, Sanders had just scored, and they showed the sideline. The O-line was sitting on the bench exhausted. Sanders came over to them with an armful of cups of Gatorade. He was great on the field and off.

Favorite non-Steelers players Barry-Sanders-Detroit-Lions

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:35 am

I second that Wally. I used to watch them growing up and I liked him and Herman Moore. Those were the days.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:36 am

I'll go with another popular pick ... Jerry Rice.

The 49ers were so good for so long. I hated them. But I always loved watching Rice play. The numbers say he was the greatest receiver ever ... and it's hard to argue with that.

Favorite non-Steelers players Jerry_rice1

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:37 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I second that Wally. I used to watch them growing up and I liked him and Herman Moore. Those were the days.
I forgot about Herman Moore. Very underrated receiver.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:38 am

the picture of J. Rice shows he didn't look the ball in to his hands.

One of mine:

Favorite non-Steelers players Brett+favre+jersey

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:41 am

I liked Favre during his first 30 years in the league. The last 20, he just got annoying. Favorite non-Steelers players 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:43 am

Although not the greatest guy off the field, Lawrence Taylor (the original LT), was a beast on the field. Probably the best pass rusher I've ever seen.

Favorite non-Steelers players Lawrence-taylor-rape

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:44 am

hated the team back in the day but i loved this dude and i aint talkin' 'bout the dude on the ground

Favorite non-Steelers players Tatum
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Calvin Johnson. This dude is phenomenal. He plays on a crappy team (REALLY crappy) but you have never heard the dude complain and he's not begging to get out of Detroit. The guy is the definition of GAMER.

I would LOVE to have him in black and gold and have to remove this post
Favorite non-Steelers players 1797695198
Favorite non-Steelers players Calvin_johnson_of_the_lions-164

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:33 pm

I know I may catch some flak for this because he's a Brownie, but how can you not respect the hell out of the way Jim Brown ran the rock? He was a beast and I've only seen highlights!

Favorite non-Steelers players JimBrown6

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:11 am

Walter Payton. Sweetness ... enough said.

Favorite non-Steelers players WalterPayton

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:17 am

I always liked to watch Peyton Manning play because he's an amazing quarterback and means so much to his team while being a great leader.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite non-Steelers players   Favorite non-Steelers players Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite non-Steelers players
Page 1 of 1