Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWard joins NBC Sports Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ward joins NBC Sports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Ward joins NBC Sports Empty
PostSubject: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Hines Ward to join NBC Sports and Sunday Night Football broadcast team

Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
It did not take long for Hines Ward to find his way back to the National Football League. NBC Sports announced this afternoon it has hired Ward to work on it's highly rated Football Night in America on Sundays during the season among other projects.

Ward retired from football shortly after the Steelers released him this year and said at the time he was not sure what he would do, but that pursuing a job in the media likely would be one of them. He was among the most popular Steelers during his 14-year career and left as the most productive wide receiver in their history.

His hiring for the NBC football show comes six years after his friend and former teammate, Jerome Bettis, joined Football Night in America shortly after he retired. NBC did not renew Bettis' contract after three years on the show.

Ward, though, won't stick with one show. According to an NBC release, the multi-year agreement with Ward will have him contribute to other shows as well as being a studio analyst for college football. He will appear regularly on NBC SportsTalk with Mike Florio and Sports Illustrated's Peter King, an NFL discussion show on NBC Sports Network.

Ward appeared on NBC's Super Bowl pregame show this year.

"We think Hines is a perfect match for television because he brings with him a unique combination of charisma and football experience, which he demonstrated on our Super Bowl pre-game show from Indianapolis," said Sam Flood, executive producer, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, in the news release."He's an opinionated personality who can draw upon his 14 years of experience, having excelled at the highest levels of the game. Just don't expect him to dance."

"I am really excited. It's not everyday that you get the chance to work for a powerhouse like the NBC Sports Group," said Ward in the release. "It is a big honor for me and I am looking forward to making the most of this great opportunity."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...t-team-638398/

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:02 pm

I saw Hines getting an NFL analyst's job a mile away after he retired. He's a natural and will do a great job in that type of career and will hopefully be doing it for years to come.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Unfortunately they still have Chris Collinsworth(less). So I have to torture myself in order to hear Hines Ward!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ward joins NBC Sports 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Unfortunately they still have Chris Collinsworth(less). So I have to torture myself in order to hear Hines Ward!

Maybe Hines will "cheap shot" him in the studio live on air if he gets too full of himself. Somebody needs to remind him he played for the Bungles and Hines is just the man for the job! Ward joins NBC Sports 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ward joins NBC Sports 1372836603 Ward joins NBC Sports 2421758519 Ward joins NBC Sports 792589548 Ward joins NBC Sports 59467727 :flyaway: Ward joins NBC Sports 4064327615

Ward joins NBC Sports We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ward joins NBC Sports   Ward joins NBC Sports Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward joins NBC Sports
Page 1 of 1