Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  Empty
PostSubject: DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins    DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Willie Colon couldn't help himself. When rookies David DeCastro and Mike Adams walk into the offensive huddle during the opening practice of minicamp on Tuesday, the veteran left guard decided to have a little fun at the expense of the new kids.

"It smells like baby milk and Pampers in here," Colon said just before quarterback Ben Roethlisberger called out a play.

The Steelers wasted little time putting their top two draft picks to work during their first drills with the veterans. Both players split time with the first team after missing three weeks of organized team activities while finishing their studies.

Offensive line coach Sean Kugler did his best to keep his two new projects up to speed, calling them daily to go through reps and relay questions that came up during meetings.

Adams — taken in the second round out of Ohio State — would often bring his playbook and his iPad wherever he went during his final days on campus to help fight off boredom.

"To be honest, I'd be in class watching film and stuff like that," he said. "I kind of checked out of school a while ago, just wanting to be here, getting back with my team."

While allowing he's never "satisfied," coach Mike Tomlin wasn't displeased with what he saw from either player.

http://www.timesonline.com/ap/sports/rookies-decastro-adams-busy-as-steelers-minicamp-begins/article_0517c92d-d890-589b-b2f1-1d10b762d9bd.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins    DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 pm

smells like baby milk and Pampers in here. DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  3562723908

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins    DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 am

I'm glad Colon is realizing he's a role model now and is stepping up as a mentor/leader for the young o-linemen. With all of the youth on that line now, it will help to have a guy who's been around the block a few times and been on the team for awhile to help guide them on the field.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins    DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm glad Colon is realizing he's a role model now and is stepping up as a mentor/leader for the young o-linemen. With all of the youth on that line now, it will help to have a guy who's been around the block a few times and been on the team for awhile to help guide them on the field.

Yeah I'm hoping to see guys step up and fill shoes, like Hines' and Farrior's . It sounds like our leaders may get a little younger but that's OK with me as long as they lead by a great example. DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  1647293567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins    DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins  Empty

Back to top Go down

DeCastro, Adams busy as Steelers minicamp begins
Page 1 of 1