Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful Empty
PostSubject: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 6210742

This is the time of year that really leaves me feeling melancholy and itchy. The sun is out. The temperature is hovering between ‘exceedingly pleasant’ and ‘Holy SHIT is it hot’. I just spent some days off with my wife. Life, it would seem, could not possibly get any sweeter. Yet I am as despondent as a Cure fan. Something is missing and that something is Professional Tackle Football. You are missing it to, friend. You are surfing the ‘Net looking for any nugget of news about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Your Pittsburgh Steelers! You’re Jonesin’ for anything you can get. Well come on
in and introduce yourself. The meeting is about to begin!

I fool myself every year at the season’s end. The inner dialog begins: “Now I can get to that drywall project that I started 18 months ago” or “I’m going to get back to reading more books” or “Maybe the dog will act less flakey now that I’m not screaming randomly at the television on Monday nights, some Thursday Nights, all day Sunday, and even Thanksgiving. Because, come on, who the hell in their right mind should be yelling and screaming on Thanksgiving”. Yes, it’s a dark and smelly place in my brain. It never happens though….. I had myself convinced that after last season’s nauseating first round loss to Denver that I could really pull it off this year. This off season was really going to be an offseason for me. Smooth, painted walls, fine literature, and a calm canine were all within my reach. The illusion lasted three days. Then came the sweats and the fine muscle twitches. The cravings and hallucinations kicked in Wednesday morning following the loss. Mood swings, headache, diarrhea by Friday afternoon. OK, some of that might have been the flu but I’m sure the majority of the symptoms came from Steelers Withdrawal Syndrome. There were some short term fixes available to me. There were, after all, two more rounds of the playoffs to watch AND the Super Bowl. But those things alone, without the Steelers, is like switching to NyQuil when you are used to drinking Jagermeister. Ok, poor example but you get my drift. There’s no ready made ‘Trainspotting Approved’ cure that I can Google.

Read more...

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm with ya brother. Yesterday I broke into my neighbor's house cause I heard he had SBs IX and X on DVD!! The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1664291743 Turns out it was Debbie Does Dallas, and I HATE THE COWBOYS!!!! The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:00 pm

solardave wrote:
I'm with ya brother. Yesterday I broke into my neighbor's house cause I heard he had SBs IX and X on DVD!! The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1664291743 Turns out it was Debbie Does Dallas, and I HATE THE COWBOYS!!!! The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1797695198

Speaking of Super Bowl's: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t2787-steelers-video-vault

I have some older games and SuperBowl DVD's posted there.

EDIT: The "Road to the SuperBowl" DVD's for X and IX are towards the bottom.

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 am

I am so ready for the season to start! My mom has already decided we are going to suck watermelon rhine this year. She said that in so many words today. The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 2913999526

I told her you're not a fan so please show some respect to my undying belief that number seven is just around the corner. I really believe that people. I'm a Steeler's fan, loud and proud and I can do no less than believe my team is THE BEST TEAM in the NFL.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

I'm ready! Bring it on!

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 2480670802 The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 2287965686 The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1645253483 The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1645253483 The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 1645253483
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 am

This is how I feel each time I see my Steelers jersey in the closet and my Steelers hat hanging: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful 3201610882

PostSubject: Re: The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful   The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful Empty

Back to top Go down

The Craving For Steelers Football Is Powerful
Page 1 of 1