Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Washington Football Team Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Washington Football Team

Go down 
+8
kirklandrules
effyou515
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Shalieve5090
Master_Of_Puppets
Steel Peon
jak341
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers vs. Washington Football Team Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Call me crazy, but I like the sound of Washington Football Team. Has such an old school ring to it. Heck, make their mascot an old type football player with a leather helmet.

Also, game will not be broadcast nationally. Local native Dave Dameshek gives his tongue in cheek thoughts.

Steel Peon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:33 pm

I love this "Overrated Undefeated" tag we've been hit with, because it means these "Critics" are under-valuing us from a talent level. Talent-wise, I'd say we're topping the charts across the league, with great players in almost every position. Our performance however, is the big problem, and it's only been through limited stretches of every game that the team's performance has matched it's talent.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
I love this "Overrated Undefeated" tag we've been hit with, because it means these "Critics" are under-valuing us from a talent level. Talent-wise, I'd say we're topping the charts across the league, with great players in almost every position. Our performance however, is the big problem, and it's only been through limited stretches of every game that the team's performance has matched it's talent.

i dont question the talent , at least at most positions, but i do question why their individual talents dont ever show up for the same game for 60 minutes. their flaws dont have a problem showing up at the same time tho .. Steelers vs. Washington Football Team 2829330259

Steel Peon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:03 am

Steelers vs. Washington Football Team Screen11

This is who will get it...im glad im in the northeast :)
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 am

I call bullshit here. If this were the Cryboys or Cheatriots it would be national even with losing records.
I think this is going to be a low scoring game that we could very well lose if our D doesn't show up in force. I also think quick short passes will work against their D. It would be nice if we could run on these guys too.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 8:27 am

It's Highsmith's time to shine.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-trying-not-to-overload-alex-highsmith-in-first-game-as-bud-duprees-replacement/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 8:35 am

The injury report. Nelson did not practice.

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-13-injury-report-washington
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 11:57 am

Tuitt has been activated.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-activate-tuitt
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:12 pm

Ben is listed as questionable and has not practiced. Boswell is on there too with hip.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:13 pm

All I am gonna say is James Washington needs to be on the fucking field more often. He has gotten the least amount of passes and has not dropped shit. He goes up and fights for the balls he gets thrown at him and has come down with clutch catches when he has gotten the opportunity. Why he isnt out there on that field more often is a god damned mystery and shame to me.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm

Quote :
A new player on the injury report on Saturday is kicker Chris Boswell who missed practice with a hip injury and is listed as questionable for Monday’s game. The Steelers did sign kicker Matthew Wright to the practice squad prior to their Week 12 game against the Ravens, so if Boswell is unable to go they do have another option.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/12/5/22156061/steelers-injury-report-ben-roethlisberger-questionable-for-mondays-game-steven-nelson-chris-boswell

how in the hell does a kicker hurt himself in practice ? i mean he didnt hurt himself in the last game. Steelers vs. Washington Football Team 2829330259
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:25 am

Washington is second in the league behind the Steelers in sacks so the o-line will have their hands full.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:48 am

Our OC ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-offensive-coordinator-randy-fichtner-compares-young-receiving-core-to-a-fart-in-a-skillet/

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:44 pm

nobody has a sense of humor any more. glad he didn;t call them dogs or pups the way the reporter frowned up on the old fart in the skillet joke.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:45 pm

The great and powerful Boz is doubtful for tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:49 pm

effyou515 wrote:
nobody has a sense of humor any more. glad he didn;t call them dogs or pups the way the reporter frowned up on the old fart in the skillet joke.

I had to read the article to even know what he was trying to imply. If that is a real expression, it's obscure.

Now, if he said our receivers lept up like frogs in a dynamite pond, I would have known what he meant.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Washington's top WR was also limited at practice.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/washington-friday-injury-report-week-13-wr-terry-mclaurin-added-as-limited-participant/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:39 pm

jak341 wrote:

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/washington-friday-injury-report-week-13-wr-terry-mclaurin-added-as-limited-participant/

I think he's the one we need to worry about. He has 69 Rec. for 963. Alex Smith is playing pretty good and it was mentioned that they are second only to us in sacks.
Also Ben hasn't practiced. If we have to go with Rudolph Fitchner better let him play and not hamstring him. We haven't shown anyone that we can run effectively so whoever is under center better be ready to throw and get it out quick. This game makes me more nervous than any so far.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 pm

solardave wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I think he's the one we need to worry about. He has 69 Rec. for 963. Alex Smith is playing pretty good and it was mentioned that they are second only to us in sacks.
Also Ben hasn't practiced. If we have to go with Rudolph Fitchner better let him play and not hamstring him. We haven't shown anyone that we can run effectively so whoever is under center better be ready to throw and get it out quick. This game makes me more nervous than any so far.
the skins have pretty much been a 3 man show with RB's gibson , McKissic, and wr McLaurin. those 3 are responsible for probably 70% of their offense yards. smith is the king of the check down . its been his MO since he came in to the league. thats why he has a high completion % and low YPC. if McLaurin isnt open he immediately looks for check down RB. double McLaurin and keep a spy on the RB out of  the backfield and you shut the skin....i mean football team down. i would just keep 8 in the box the entire game. Steelers vs. Washington Football Team 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:58 pm

Mathew Wrights college stats..i sure hope he has been practicing daily for the last 2 years , because those average percentages are not very encouraging. in fact i wouldnt even have given a guy with that college resume a tryout.. Steelers vs. Washington Football Team 1797695198
of couse we dont know the context of the kicks, i mean he may have been trying a lot of 60 yarders .. Steelers vs. Washington Football Team 2087824411

Steelers vs. Washington Football Team Mw10
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 3:00 am

Steelers pass rush getting to QB Smith, he's not very mobile, Steelers o-line is going to have their hands full with Washington's pass rush. thinking get the ball out quick passing game to open up the Steelers offense.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 9:20 am

We are going to beat the living shit out of Washington today.

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 9:52 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
We are going to beat the living shit out of Washington today.

It's what needs to happen for sure.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Coach speak, but take it for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:47 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Steelers pass rush getting to QB Smith, he's not very mobile, Steelers o-line is going to have their hands full with Washington's pass rush. thinking get the ball out quick passing game to open up the Steelers offense.

The challenge the Steelers have this week is that Smith has the shortest throws in the league, however, his receivers have the highest RAC in the league. Not that they will do this, but the Steelers might consider man coverage with tight, bump-and-run. That might throw Smith off or require him to hold the ball longer.

As for Ben, he has the shortest time to throw the ball in the league. He's gone 4 games without being sacked. I say have him continue doing what he's been doing. Hell, even if they do sack him, they probably won't get to him repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Washington Football Team   Steelers vs. Washington Football Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Washington Football Team
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next