Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDark Knight Rises Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dark Knight Rises

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Gingerchip
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 am

Holy Hines Ward Batman!!!!!!! I Will go to see this flick even if it sucks!

Dark Knight Rises We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:59 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Holy Hines Ward Batman!!!!!!! I Will go to see this flick even if it sucks!

I can't see how it would. The first two Bale Batman's were awesome and I've heard good things about this one.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:27 am

Some of the reviews so far are calling this one the best in the series. I was able to see The Dark Knight in IMAX (which was awesome), but there aren't any IMAX theaters out here in Bumblefuck, IL.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Bays

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 pm

I can't wait. The early screenings turned up MASSIVE amounts of positive reaction.

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I have yet to see a bad Batman movie yet either. I didn't see The Dark Knight , however.

You can bet your booty I'll be buying Rises when it's out in DVD!

Besides, if the Dark Knight Rises is the best of the series, I KNOW it will be because of Hines' cameo appearance and the fact it was filmed at Mecca!

Dark Knight Rises 1372836603

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
I have yet to see a bad Batman movie yet either. I didn't see The Dark Knight , however.

Besides, if the Dark Knight Rises is the best of the series, I KNOW it will be because of Hines' cameo appearance and the fact it was filmed at Mecca!

You haven't seen the Dark Knight????????????????????????????

Holy Heath Ledger batman! You gotta watch it! If the Dark Knight Rises is even 60% of what the Dark Knight was i'd be 120% satisfied.

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Quote :

No

I know, I need to rent it on DVD. I had planned to see it before Dark Knight Rises, but Rises opens this weekend and I can't wait to see Rises.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

No

I know, I need to rent it on DVD. I had planned to see it before Dark Knight Rises, but Rises opens this weekend and I can't wait to see Rises.

Once you've watched Rises, check out Dark Knight. You won't regret it.

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

No

Once you've watched Rises, check out Dark Knight. You won't regret it.

Buddha Bus

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

DVD? Why not just get it on Laserdisc or Betamax? You gotta get a Blu-Ray, lady! Dark Knight Rises 1797695198

Yeah, Ginger. These guys are right. You have to see "Dark Knight". It was awesome and Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker. He made Jack Nicholson look like Bobo the Clown.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

DVD? Why not just get it on Laserdisc or Betamax? You gotta get a Blu-Ray, lady! Dark Knight Rises 1797695198

Yeah, Ginger. These guys are right. You have to see "Dark Knight". It was awesome and Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker. He made Jack Nicholson look like Bobo the Clown.

Blu-Ray. Makes me smile when I fire up the PS3.

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 am

I'm still numb. I may have actually liked this movie more than the Dark Knight, and that's saying a lot.

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 am

Quote :
DVD? Why not just get it on Laserdisc or Betamax? You gotta get a Blu-Ray, lady

I know, I know, I know. I'm waaaaay behind the times with regards to technology. I'm also severely technology challenged. I'm afraid if I get a blue ray, I'll never study and want to watch all of the time.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:39 am

Quote :
I'm still numb. I may have actually liked this movie more than the Dark Knight, and that's saying a lot.

Whaaat? You saw it today????????????

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

Whaaat? You saw it today????????????

Watched it last night at midnight. A SHIT TON of people we're their.

Wallace108

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm

As most of you probably already know, there was a horrible shooting at a Batman show last night. Let's keep this thread focused on the movie itself. I started a thread in the Newsroom dealing with the shooting. http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t2821-12-killed-at-batman-movie

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:03 am

Going to see this movie tomorrow!!!! Can't Wait!!!!

I may just faint when I see Hines on the big screen Dark Knight Rises 119875844

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 am

Hines Ward returning a kickoff for a touchdown? One can only suspend their disbelief so far. Although, that scene is what I always hope for when the Steelers and Pats* play each other.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Hines Ward returning a kickoff for a touchdown? One can only suspend their disbelief so far. Although, that scene is what I always hope for when the Steelers and Pats** play each other.

I would think you'd want that to happen to the Steelers when they were playing the Ravens in the playoffs so you could actually see them win a big game and have a real reason for drowning your coach in Gatorade. Dark Knight Rises 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 pm

AWESOME Movie!

I really didn't think I was going to like it all that much (except for the Hines/Steelers parts), but I really enjoyed it. My friend (who agreed, very reluctantly, to go loved it too.

Is this the last one in the series?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 am

Gingerchip wrote:

Highly unlikely considering the kind of money they are making and the great reviews they have all gotten since Christian Bale inherited the cape and cowl. Even if Bale bails (see what I did there? Dark Knight Rises 2981382511 ), they'll just replace him with another actor and try to continue milking that cash cow till it's dry. You could go on forever with movies based on monthly comic book since there is no shortage of villains and scenarios/stories to choose from to keep them fresh and interesting. Kind of like James Bond movies in that sense.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 am

Gingerchip wrote:

I have heard that Nolan is done doing Batman movies and will now focus on making Robin/Catwoman movies.

I also saw that he is helping out with the Superman movie. I can't wait.

Gingerchip

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Quote :
Even if Bale bails (see what I did there?

Dark Knight Rises 3562723908 Buddha, you are forever making me laugh.

The reason I asked is because I heard someone say, as I was leaving the movie, this was the last of the "trilogy". I haven't really followed the Batman movies since the Micheal Keaton days, I knew there was the Dark Knight, then Rises, so I assume there is one more unless I missed a Dark Knight somewhere in between.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
The reason I asked is because I heard someone say, as I was leaving the movie, this was the last of the "trilogy". I haven't really followed the Batman movies since the Micheal Keaton days, I knew there was the Dark Knight, then Rises, so I assume there is one more unless I missed a Dark Knight somewhere in between.

I think Nolan was brought in to reboot the franchise with Batman Begins. After the success of that film, he signed on to make a trilogy out of it. I think I'd put this one ahead of The Dark Knight. Bane was successfully able to defeat Batman (once, anyway) and take over Gotham. Scarecrow and the Joker came close, but were unable to turn the people against one another.

Also, watching the fictional Steelers perish. Hines Ward would save himself and let everyone else die.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

1. Batman Begins 2. The Dark Knight 3. The Dark Knight Rises

Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises   Dark Knight Rises Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Rises
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next