Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBreaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers

Go down 
+6
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
steelersfan87
Wallace108
Bays
Gingerchip
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
It is a great contract, but if Wallace really did want Fitz money, it's a little short.
Bagz, you're going to have to let go of the "Fitz money" thing. You know where that came from. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 3939274466

I'm not sure what to believe, and based on what he's said, I wouldn't be the LEAST surprised if he DID in fact want Fitz money. All I know is: If we manage to lock up Wallace long-term this year, our front office is god's greatest creation.
Until about an hour ago, I was certain that a deal would still get done. Now it seems highly unlikely. But who knows ... this drama has taken more twists and turns than a soap opera.

I'm just glad you didn't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back about that "imminent deal". Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 3798349058

I'm shocked, but I'm glad the Rooneys are putting it up Wallace's ass. There's no doubt he's going full diva for them to react this way. I'm glad we locked up Brown long-term as that was the guy I wanted more out of the 2 to begin with. Not saying I don't still want Wallace too, but if he's going to be a big headed spoiled brat, let him go. See what you can get for him in a trade.

I want to agree with this in every way, but I still feel as if we're not getting the full story, you know?

I trust the front office of the Steelers and the Rooneys in this. I don't recall them ever screwing with a player like this unless there was a real reason for it. This reeks of Wallace being a problem or demanding outrageous money. It's a shame it's come to this, but I applaud the Rooneys for making a stand and planning for a future beyond Mike Wallace if necessary. If Wallace bolts after this season (which looks REAL likely now), and Antonio Brown outdoes the season he had last year, they are going to look like geniuses and locked up our new #1 WR at a nice price..... one that actually wants to be a Pittsburgh Steeler at that.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Wally!!!! you better start working on your signature pic Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 3562723908

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I'll bet this chaps Wallace's ass.

It's a good signing but I still hold out hope they get Wallace signed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Mach1 wrote:
I'll bet this chaps Wallace's ass.

It's a good signing but I still hold out hope they get Wallace signed.

i think he'll only get a one year deal and he'll be gone next year

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:35 pm

This really doesn't bode well for Wallace. Here Brown is in camp, talking about wanting to be a Steeler for life, comes to work, and then gets paid! Well! Now Wallace, not really saying anything, didn't sign his tender offer, and now the last offer is off the table. The Steelers have always proven that they don't negotiate once camp starts.

Wallace is now in a deeper hole than he was just a few hours ago. This deal for Brown can have a negative impact with Wallace, as fans will now focus on how great it is to have Brown (of which some consider to be more valuable - at this juncture - than Wallace) signed to a long term deal and how selfish Wallace (more probably in the court of public opinion) is right now by not being in camp and holding out.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Good, we have our #1 locked in for a few more years! Atleast Brown isn't being greedy!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:06 am

Brown's response to Wallace:

Quote :
Antonio Brown ‏@AntonioBrown84

“@Wallace17_daKid: S/o to my bro @AntonioBrown84 very well deserved!!!”luv !! I need ya here big bro!!!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:29 am

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

When Wallace didn't report to camp, steelers called Drew Rosenhaus Wed night. He came to SVC Thurs and spent 2 days getting Brown deal done

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:34 am

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Steelers taking risk tho w Brown signing -- he's had just one good season. Needs to back it up w another.

I'm glad someone sees it like I do. It's not a knock on Brown. It's just being realistic.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:08 am

I think Brown will have an awesome season, and many more to come. This kid has heart and a fantastic work ethic. Sometimes a person doesn't have to be the fastest to win the race.

As for Wallace - I'm tired of his B.S. Personally, I'm glad the Steelers are showing him "who is boss". I never could stand the showboating, the bragging, etc.

Having said that, I still want him as a Steeler. He'll never be may favorite but who cares. As long as he wins games and contributes to the team, that's all that matters.

I've been perusing other fan sites and some are saying that without Wallace, we'll be lucky to break 500. I don't buy that for a second. It would, no doubt, be beneficial to have him, but I dont think his presence is going to make or break the team.

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:59 am

Let's be honest Wallace has one skill his speed. He isn't tough, he doesn't fight for the ball, he doesn't catch balls in traffic, and he appears to be afraid of going over the middle Isn't that what your number 1 receiver should do? I'm happy we signed Brown and the scary part is that with his work ethic he can only get better
Wallace = Holmes + Burres, we thought we'd miss them but we did very good without them

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I never could stand the showboating, the bragging, etc.
In all fairness, Brown showboats more than Wallace. Mike used to do a flip into the endzone, but he stopped that. Brown has that little TD dance he likes to do, and he also likes to point the ball and drop it after a catch like Santonio does.

fer69 wrote:
Let's be honest Wallace has one skill his speed. He isn't tough, he doesn't fight for the ball, he doesn't catch balls in traffic, and he appears to be afraid of going over the middle Isn't that what your number 1 receiver should do? I'm happy we signed Brown and the scary part is that with his work ethic he can only get better
Wallace = Holmes + Burres, we thought we'd miss them but we did very good without them

Every receiver isn't going to play like Hines Ward. In fact, I think it'll be a long time before we ever see another receiver like Ward. Randy Moss wasn't known for being tough and going across the middle, but he was very good at what he did. You didn't see Jerry Rice laying out safeties and linebackers, but he was the best receiver ever. There's no mold for being a great receiver. Wes Welker is nothing like Calvin Johnson, yet they're both extremely good receivers. If Wallace does stay, Steelers fans have to get over the fact that he'll never be the next Hines Ward. A receiver's No. 1 job is to catch the ball and score touchdowns. And Wallace is damn good at that.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 pm

TWO

That's the number of touchdowns Brown has scored in his first two seasons as a receiver. And scoring touchdowns is the name of the game. I love Brown's attitude, and I think he's going to be a solid receiver. But is he going to be great? A lot of fans seem to think so. And that's what the Steelers just gambled on. But there's no guarantee. They just gave a 5-year, $42.5 million contract to a player with 3 career starts. It might not be likely, but it's possible that we saw all that Brown is capable of last season. And he's going to have a tougher time now going up against teams' No. 1 CBs and being the focus of defensive game plans.

Sanders has 4 TDs even though he's missed most of his first two seasons. Coming into both seasons, Brown was behind Sanders on the depth chart. Before he got hurt last season, everyone was talking about Sanders being the heir apparent to Hines Ward. Sanders still might be the better of the two receivers if he stays healthy.

Lets assume that Wallace is gone. So now that the Steelers prematurely locked up Brown, what happens if he has a subpar season and Sanders has a monster season and ends up being the better receiver? Sanders will be a restricted free agent at the end of the year, just as Wallace was. No team made an offer to Wallace, but what happens if a team goes after Sanders? We won't be in a position to match a high offer and likely will lose him. In that scenario, the awesome, young receiving corp we've been talking about the past two seasons would be gone. We'd be left with just Brown.

I trust the Steelers front office, I really do. They get it right far more often than they get it wrong. But occasionally, they do get it wrong. Extending Brown right now is a gamble. I really hope the deal was done because it was a smart business decision and because it was a smart football decision. I hope it wasn't done as a "fuck you" to Wallace.

According to the Trib's Mark Kaboly, the Steelers are having a press conference to announce Brown's deal. They didn't have a press conference to announce Timmons' and Woodley's big-money deals last season. "F U Wallace!!!"

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Now that I've spoken my mind, don't think for a second that I don't prepare for all possibilities. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Brownsig

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Now that I've spoken my mind, don't think for a second that I don't prepare for all possibilities. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Brownsig

Bet hedger. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 131212936

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I like it!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I still think he should go with GeorgeWBuschLight108. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Quote :
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot

This press conference today, was no accident. This was like purposefully getting caught in public with a hot chick to make your ex jealous.

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

Yep.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:52 pm

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Antonio-Brown-Press-Conference/a809583a-a25b-4220-8613-3ac26cd482f1

AB press conference with Tomlin and Colbert

Colbert bristles a little when asked about Wallace......

Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Antonio-Brown-Press-Conference/a809583a-a25b-4220-8613-3ac26cd482f1

AB press conference with Tomlin and Colbert

Colbert bristles a little when asked about Wallace......

HAHA!! After Colbert gets done saying they won't answer any questions about Wallace, the very next question for Brown is a question indirectly tied to Wallace. Tomlin's reaction is priceless ... a sly little chuckle. He so knew reporters weren't going to give up that easily. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

Brown is a tremendous young man. I hope everything I've said up to this point isn't being taken as a knock on him. I'm just trying to look at this situation from every angle.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Quote :
John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

The happiest Steeler about the Brown signing is Ben Roethlisberger, particularly if they get a Mike Wallace long-term deal.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Sanders has 4 TDs even though he's missed most of his first two seasons. Coming into both seasons, Brown was behind Sanders on the depth chart. Before he got hurt last season, everyone was talking about Sanders being the heir apparent to Hines Ward. Sanders still might be the better of the two receivers if he stays healthy.

Good analysis, Wally. Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

Quote :
Ike Taylor: "Emmanuel Sanders has gotten a whole lot better than last year. A whole lot better. 360 degrees. Day and night."

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Wouldn't it just be great if we extended Sanders? Once again, shoot Wallace down, and pay another receiver. I wouldn't doubt it at this point. Stay tuned.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't see any way that happens this offseason due to his injury history. They need more reassurance on that front. I don't think it happens next year either with the tender still in play.
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

The happiest Steeler about the Brown signing is Ben Roethlisberger, particularly if they get a Mike Wallace long-term deal.

Right on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers   Breaking News!  No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News! No Joke..AB just signed 42 million 5 yr with Steelers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next