Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhy Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded

Go down 
+4
stlrtruck
vasteeler
fer69
Buddha Bus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded Empty
PostSubject: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Posted by: Tom Gower on 01 Aug 2012

With the Pittsburgh Steelers signing Antonio Brown and not Mike Wallace to a long-term extension, there was some suggestion the Steelers could look to trade an unhappy Wallace.

GM Kevin Colbert shot down that idea, but I take that as seriously as I take most trade-related pronouncements. Virtually every NFL player is available for a trade, at the right price.

What might that right price be, then, both for the Steelers and for a team looking to acquire Wallace?

I. The Steelers

If Wallace wants to be a free agent next offseason, he has to play for the Steelers this year. He may show up late, but has to report no later than the Tuesday following Week 10. If he wants to get paid a lot next offseason, he should try in the games he plays, and he won't leave the Steelers before any playoff games. That makes him valuable to the Steelers this year.

Just how valuable is hard to say. One rough approximation is the difference between a fair market value salary and his restricted free agent-tender salary of $2.742 million.

Brown's deal was for a reported $42.5 million over 5 years, or $8.5 million per year. If that's Wallace's real fair market value, the difference is roughly $5.75 million. Since Wallace didn’t sign that deal, he believes his fair market value is higher than that. As I'll get to in a moment, whether the difference between Wallace’s real fair market value and his tender amount is $5.75 or 8 million in some ways does not matter that much.

(Read More:) http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2012/why-mike-wallace-likely-wont-get-traded

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Im sure he wont be a steeler next year so why not Trade his ass to Indy or any other team cuz he'll be gone after this season!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 pm

fer69 wrote:
Im sure he wont be a steeler next year so why not Trade his ass to Indy or any other team cuz he'll be gone after this season!!

You need a team willing to give up what he's worth to us right now. All of the pressure is on Wallace at this point. He has no choice but to sign his tender by week 10 or risk losing his money and his unrestricted free agent status for next year. He also hurts his value with other teams who will see a guy willing to put himself ahead of the team for financial gain.

Factor in that he won't get to improve or show his talents on the field by holding out and teams may be wary of what he will bring to the table if he signs with them. All of the cards are in the Steelers' hands right now. He still has value to us even if he doesn't show till week 10. He might be rusty and disgruntled, but he will be motivated to display his talents and fresh for a playoff run then.

I don't see him sitting the entire season out. It would be stupid on a Tim Lumber level.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

im trying really hard not to say....fuck wallace

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm

vasteeler wrote:

You just did. Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 889237850

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Sir, you are my heroooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:16 pm

fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Sir, you are my heroooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 1797695198

Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 2940960278

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

but he still wouldn't give me a rep pointWhy Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 2196730786

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

but he still wouldn't give me a rep pointWhy Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 2196730786

Seeking rep points is sad! Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 2672159185

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Seeking rep points is sad! Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 2672159185

sonofabitch Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 3798349058

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 am

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

all right cry baby a just gave you 2........ Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 3798349058

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 am

At this point, Wallace can sit on the sidelines of football until he absolutely has to sign his contract. Which I believe is some time in November. But he's only hurting himself, and his future value.

Bottom line, the Steelers have survived many years without key named players in the mix, and they will continue to do so without the likes of Wallace.

YES, it would be nice to have him in the huddle, but I won't be losing sleep over him not being there - I'm confident the players on the field in Latrobe will make up for him not being there.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

If he doesn't show up for pre-season game number one, I hope we trade him.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:30 pm

bayz101 wrote:

i dont know if i would want to trade him. let him sit out a year losing valuable experience and cash. he is only hurting him self. with brown, cotchery, miller, pope and a hopefully healthy sanders we are set in that department. i would much rather have him in the picture but if he chooses to be a idiot, i say to hell with him

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 pm

vasteeler wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

i dont know if i would want to trade him. let him sit out a year losing valuable experience and cash. he is only hurting him self. with brown, cotchery, miller, pope and a hopefully healthy sanders we are set in that department. i would much rather have him in the picture but if he chooses to be a idiot, i say to hell with him

Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 3964572787 This will not look good for other teams that want to trade for him. He looks like the pouty kid in the corner.

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:28 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Who the hell cares about rep points? I don't have any..and frankly..I don't care if I ever get any. I'm on here to talk Steelers football and maybe make new friends on here.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Who the hell cares about rep points? I don't have any..and frankly..I don't care if I ever get any. I'm on here to talk Steelers football and maybe make new friends on here.
They were just joking around. In addition to talking about the Steelers, we try to keep it laid-back here and have fun. You'll see a lot of joking around among members.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Just having a little fun. Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded 1664291743

And you're a newbie, the rep will come! Believe!

Edit: And further to what Wallace said, it's all about being yourself here.

PostSubject: Re: Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded   Why Mike Wallace (Likely) Won't Get Traded Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1