Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace

Go down 
+8
steelersfan87
fer69
vasteeler
SteelCityMom
JonM229
Wallace108
stlrtruck
Bays
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

The Steelers do not expect Mike Wallace to report to training camp before they depart St. Vincent College Aug. 18, but they have no intention of trading their Pro Bowl wide receiver at any point this season, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Wallace has yet to sign a one-year tender worth $2.7 million and the Steelers have not heard from him since training camp began July 25. The source also said the Steelers will wait several weeks before they decide if they need to sign a veteran free-agent receiver. The Steelers are not overly optimistic they can sign Wallace to a long-term deal, but he can still play for them this season and then be labeled a "franchise" or "transition" player in 2013. Wallace's holdout has upset Coach Mike Tomlin, who is no longer supportive of his big-play receiver, a team source said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...eelers-647985/

Neither am I. He won't be suited up for Thursday's game. Everyone knows it, and that was my last straw with him.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:41 am

I got two words for Mike Wallace.....

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Do we get to guess? I'm going with "love you." Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:29 am

I also have two words for Mike Wallace:

Thank you

(But seriously, fuck this guy)

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 am

Way to go Mike, you've accomplished absolutely nothing except showing all other teams that could have possible future interest what a prima donna you are!

Here's your cookie...

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace Shitface-cookie

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Do we get to guess? I'm going with "love you." Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 1797695198

In the words of DX...

"SUCK IT"

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:16 am

sign or dont sign, just get it over with already

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

vasteeler wrote:
sign or dont sign, just get it over with already

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 3964572787 Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 2221408640

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 pm

You know it's bad when your own coach don't have your back
So Wallace I have something for you ......Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 988242114

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:46 pm

I formally request that we put off the official "I Hate Mike Wallace" Parade until at least the evening of the third preseason game (the one where starters actually pretend that they care what happens in the game) to see if Wallace is here by then. I would suggest the start of the regular season (even the Post-Gazette says the team doesn't even expect him here until at least sometime between the breaking of camp on the 17th and the start of the regular season), but I know that's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I formally request that we put off the official "I Hate Mike Wallace" Parade until at least the evening of the third preseason game (the one where starters actually pretend that they care what happens in the game) to see if Wallace is here by then. I would suggest the start of the regular season (even the Post-Gazette says the team doesn't even expect him here until at least sometime between the breaking of camp on the 17th and the start of the regular season), but I know that's not going to happen.

I personally lost patience when it became clear that he's not showing up for tomorrow's game.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:

Sounds like a fair request. So I'll stand with you Dodens. But if he don't show up by the third pre-season game, then it's on like Donkey Kong.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 1549491426 Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Losing my patience with him is just step one. It kind of marks the period of time in which I stopped giving a shit. If he isn't suited up for preseason game three, he can shit in his hat.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:12 pm

These are the situations where I really wonder about the PPG.

The Steelers do not expect Mike Wallace to report to training camp before they depart St. Vincent College Aug. 18, but they have no intention of trading their Pro Bowl wide receiver at any point this season, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Wallace has yet to sign a one-year tender worth $2.7 million and the Steelers have not heard from him since training camp began July 25. The source also said the Steelers will wait several weeks before they decide if they need to sign a veteran free-agent receiver. The Steelers are not overly optimistic they can sign Wallace to a long-term deal, but he can still play for them this season and then be labeled a "franchise" or "transition" player in 2013. Wallace's holdout has upset Coach Mike Tomlin, who is no longer supportive of his big-play receiver, a team source said.

"No longer supportive"

Uhhh no shit

Dude would love to hear the behind the scenes conversations between Tomlin & 17

You know this is old news to the Rooney's. They've got a blueprint that they are committed to.

But Mikey T...this is a first for him. He has shown an aptitude for firing subtle jabs through the media. Not often has the guy looked rattled, but we've seen him display his passion and emotion. I could see him speaking....bluntly, to say the least.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm

First game third game what difference does it make Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 2087824411
I don't give a shit about this guy,I don't care how good he is either he's another T O in the making and Tomlin knows it that's why he don't give a shit about him

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Minds will change rapidly if he's in uniform week one.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Minds will change rapidly if he's in uniform week one.

Not unless that uniform comes with a change of attitude. Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 2893009358

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:48 pm

If it comes with points and wins, all will be forgiven, as it always is.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:57 pm

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THE STEELERS (first and foremost)and if he puts on a steelers uniform I'll support him but it wouldn't change the way I feel about him

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I know this: Hines Ward stayed away from camp for two weeks, and was on the sidelines for the first preseason game. I expect the same for Wallace, and if that isn't the case, i'm done giving a shit. This holdout will not help him in anyway. The Steelers will not continue negotiations of any kind until he's either signed his tender, or at the very least contacted them in some fashion. It's a dead-end right now, and i'm sure Rooney isn't happy about it in the least.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 pm

For the record, I was a huge Mike Wallace fan, I honestly didn't see this coming, I thought he was a Steeler through and through, but after this game he is trying to play with the front office I could honestly not care one way or the other if he shows up or not. He has some talent, top WR talent?? I personally think the book is still out on that discussion, two good years does not make you a HOF'er. Will our offense be better with him in there....yes, Can he stretch the field......yes, Do we need his prima donna attitude in the Burgh??.....NO, trade him to the Jets, he'd fit right in.

as a pledge to myself I will not post nor read anything else related to Wallace until he reports.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:
For the record, I was a huge Mike Wallace fan, I honestly didn't see this coming, I thought he was a Steeler through and through, but after this game he is trying to play with the front office I could honestly not care one way or the other if he shows up or not. He has some talent, top WR talent?? I personally think the book is still out on that discussion, two good years does not make you a HOF'er. Will our offense be better with him in there....yes, Can he stretch the field......yes, Do we need his prima donna attitude in the Burgh??.....NO, trade him to the Jets, he'd fit right in.

as a pledge to myself I will not post nor read anything else related to Wallace until he reports.
Quite honestly, I think we've all said about all we can possibly say. All we're doing is just repeating ourselves at this point. But I'll keep talking about him ... I like to torture myself (and others) that way.

Oh, and welcome to the Xtreme community. Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:

I already has problems with his attitude and work ethic, and this isn't helping my opinion of him at all. I agree though. Unless something major develops, i'm done on the subject.

PS: Welcome to the community. Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace 230572241

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 pm

This is not a personal decision against the Steelers, it's a business decision and maybe a bad on at that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace   Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Tomlin no longer supportive of Mike Wallace
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next