Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread

Go down 
+2
Bays
Buddha Bus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 am

I'm taking the Steelers over the Jets today 17-12. The Jets get 1 TD, 1 FG, and 1 safety.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Matchup to watch: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger vs. Jets S LaRon Landry   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:47 am

Matchup to watch: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger vs. Jets S LaRon Landry
September 16, 2012 12:02 am
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

How much time did the Steelers spend in their no-huddle offense in Denver?

Enough to use three wide receivers on 54 of their 71 plays against the Broncos, the second most by a National Football League team on opening weekend. The Steelers always use three wide receivers in their no-huddle offense, but that doesn't mean all the plays are passes. In fact, the Steelers attempted 45 passes against the Broncos and ran the ball 26 times.

Compare that to the pass-happy New Orleans Saints, who had just 10 running plays -- and 28 incompletions -- in their upset loss at home against the Washington Redskins.

"Even though we were in the no-huddle at the end of the first half and most of the second half, I was calling a lot of those runs," said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. "I think people need to realize that just because we're in the no-huddle and we're calling the plays doesn't mean I'm calling all passes."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/matchup-to-watch-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-vs-jets-s-laron-landry-653514/#ixzz26dWGEj9w

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Steelers matchup: Wide receivers vs. Jets’ cornerbacks   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:58 am

Steelers matchup: Wide receivers vs. Jets’ cornerbacks
By Mark Kaboly
Published: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated 9 hours ago

STEELERS WRs vs. JETS CBs
Matchup: With Darrelle Revis ruled out, the Jets no longer enjoy their usual depth at cornerback. They still have Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, but not many teams have three top-notch receivers like the Steelers do in Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. The Jets find themselves in a tough position and likely will have to play a lot more zone than their typical man-to-man coverage to compensate.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2576764-85/jets-steelers-revis-wallace-wilson-antonio-brown-cbs-cromartie-likely?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26dYu1PHm
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Rex Ryan of Jets still haunted by losses at Steelers   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 am

Rex Ryan of Jets still haunted by losses at Steelers
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Sept. 16, 2012 at 08:30 a.m. Updated: Sept. 16, 2012 at 08:44 a.m.

Heinz Field is the location of two of New York Jets coach Rex Ryan's most difficult moments. He lost two AFC championships there as a head coach and defensive coordinator.

"It's a tough place to play," Ryan recently told the New York Post. "The fans are great, but that was a tough loss -- there's no doubt about it. If we win this week, is it going to make up for that loss? No. Absolutely not. That was a championship game, and this is obviously a regular-season game."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062363/article/rex-ryan-of-jets-still-haunted-by-losses-at-steelers?module=HP11_headline_stack

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 am

My ouija board also tells me that Ben, Mike Wallace, and Isaac Redman have good games on offense and Woodley, Clark, and Foote have a good game on defense. I also see Steve McLendon, Willie Colon, and Jason Worilds contributing today.

Will Johnson will also start to establish himself as a solid FB for this team.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 am

Did we forget this week's contest? The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 294855916

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 am

anybody heard anything new about Troy and harrison?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 am

bayz101 wrote:
Did we forget this week's contest? The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 294855916

SHIT!!!!! My bad. I got one up now. Everybody get your last minute predictions in now!!!! Sorry! Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

Steelers’ defense focused on stopping Jets' Greene
By Ralph N. Paulk
Published: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Ike Taylor isn’t buying what the media is selling about the Jets’ supposedly vaunted wildcat offense.

The veteran cornerback conceded the Steelers are prepared for the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow packages.

Yet, Taylor vehemently insisted the defense isn’t obsessed or distracted by the wildcat, in part, because running back Shonn Greene still ignites an offense that tallied 48 points –– a franchise record for a season opener — after struggling mightily during the preseason.

With the spotlight on Sanchez and Tebow, Greene pounded the Buffalo defense with 27 carries for 94 yards. Greene’s stat sheet wasn’t overly impressive, but he effectively kept Dave Wannstedt’s defense off balance.

Again, that will be the key when the Jets face the Steelers Sunday at Heinz Field in what could be a pivotal AFC game. The Steelers haven’t started 0-2 since 2002.

“The game’s evolving, so players have to become more intelligent,” safety Will Allen said. “The game isn’t nearly as vanilla as it used to be. You have to understand how teams want to attack you. ...They will try to dink and dunk us with short passes to see where our defense is flowing.”

If the Steelers are to defuse the Jets’ offense, they must first unplug Greene. They accomplished that in the 2010 AFC Championship Game, partly because they sprinted to a 24-0 lead to force the Jets to abandon their power ground game.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2576757-85/greene-jets-steelers-game-wildcat-defense-taylor-offense-carries-afc?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26eAVSqJd
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

SHIT!!!!! My bad. I got one up now. Everybody get your last minute predictions in now!!!! Sorry! Embarassed

It's all of us Administrators fault. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 1797695198

I COMPLETELY forgot about it, too. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 1664291743

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 am

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

It's all of us Administrators fault. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 1797695198

I COMPLETELY forgot about it, too. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 1664291743

The King will allow you to fall on the sword. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:
anybody heard anything new about Troy and harrison?

Nothing official yet. They're listed as questionable, but the fact that they didn't practice tells me that they're not playing.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:20 pm

I got the Steelers 27-17.

Three Roethlisberger touchdown passes, and two Sushi field goals. One Sanchez touchdown pass, one Shonn Greene running touchdown and a Nick Folk field goal.

GO STEELERS!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Just got done playing a game of 2 on 2 football. Me and my daughter vs. my son and his girlfriend. We lost 42-35. I blame Arians. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 2625562446

I proved my theory that I'm in no shape to exercise. Now give me a beer and hand me my Terrible Towel. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 3056903510

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Just got done playing a game of 2 on 2 football. Me and my daughter vs. my son and his girlfriend. We lost 42-35. I blame Arians. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 2625562446

I proved my theory that I'm in no shape to exercise. Now give me a beer and hand me my Terrible Towel. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 3056903510

I usually play some two on two everyday with me neighbor and his daughter, and a friend of mine or a cousin. I played QB for my High School last year, and the year before. I can sling it about 60 yards. The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 1797695198

EDIT: We play in the street, though.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 pm

What the fuck kind of defense is Lebeau running? He rushed the QB all of two times that drive. That's the shittiest defense I've seen in YEARS.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Worth noting Woodley put pressure on Sanchez BOTH times he was allowed to rush. Wake the fuck up Lebeau.

Looks like our offense is going to have to win it, and based on our line's blocking in the first drive, chalk this one up as a loss.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Defense has seemed to settle down and is now more focused. Since I missed pretty much the entire first quarter while CBS showed the ratbirds and the iggles game to completion.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Defense has seemed to settle down and is now more focused. Since I missed pretty much the entire first quarter while CBS showed the ratbirds and the iggles game to completion.

Well, they we're god awful on the first couple of drives, but they've gotten better. Offense improved too.

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I agree, there has been some improvement.

If the Steelers get that first down...the Refs were awfully generous. However, the Jets'll win this.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Looks like the Van Dyke pickup is providing dividends already. Speed kills, and it just killed the jets.

On that 2nd down, Ben should have taken off running.

Here we go, key 4th down.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Lack of focus, cost us that 4th down. I think the Steelers would have tried to make them jump.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Van Dyke down the field on that coverage. I'm impressed with this kid.

Nice acting job by Butler.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Nice punt by Butler!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread   The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Steelers vs. Jets Game Day Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next