Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread

Go down 
+10
Gingerchip
fer69
steelerdude15
Blitzburghfan
Bays
RoethlisbergersLG78
Steeltown beatdown
Mach1
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:43 am

Well ladies and gentlemen of Steelers Xtreme (and the rest of Steelers Nation), the time has finally arrived that we've all been waiting eagerly for. The start of regular season NFL games and the return of our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers to the gridiron!!!! Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 4064327615 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 230572241 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3056903510 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 792589548 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 348340646 :helmet: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3655783648 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 1948569602 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 2287965686

Let's start the thread off with some predictions for today's game.

I hate to start it out on a bummer, but I actually have the Broncos taking this one 27-20. We are a little short-handed on defense with Ryan Clark and James Harrison not playing tonight and I think that could be the difference in the game. If the game were in Pittsburgh and Clark were playing, I'd have a different take. Fear not though, SXers, I have our Stillers finishing this season in the 11-5 to 13-3 range, so I think they learn and get better from it.

I expect a rocky start to the new Haley offense as they work out the kinks and get Mike Wallace up to speed with the rest of the unit. I also expect to have some success running the football with our deep RB stable sharing the duties and running it behind our new (old) guard Willie Colon. Look for Heath Miller to get involved in the passing game too as he was quiet during the preseason.

All of that said, I hope to hell I look foolish at the end of tonight's game and our Steelers go into Denver hell bent on revenge from last season's embarrassing playoff loss to the Denver Tebows. I'd love nothing more than to see our offense break out and score 30+ on Denver and win, forcing me to eat crow tomorrow.

And one last thing.....

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 am

It's finally here!!! Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 1948569602

So pumped up. Luckily, I have plenty to do today that will make the day go fast. The game will be here before I know it.

My prediction for the game? The Steelers get some payback. One of my co-workers said to me this week, "The Steelers couldn't beat Tim Tebow in Denver ... how are they going to beat Peyton Manning?"

Last year was a fluke. Plain and simple.

Hopefully, we got all of our injury bugs out of our system in preseason. We can't afford more injuries, especially at linebacker.

OK, not much of an analysis, but my mind is going in a hundred different directions this morning. HERE WE GO!!!!! Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3056903510

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I hear ya buddha, I don't have a good feeling going into this one with all the injuries. And I still think the secondary is still a little iffy. Hopefully I'm wrong!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

Well ladies and gentlemen of Steelers Xtreme (and the rest of Steelers Nation), the time has finally arrived that we've all been waiting eagerly for. The start of regular season NFL games and the return of our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers to the gridiron!!!! Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 4064327615 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 230572241 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3056903510 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 792589548 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 348340646 :helmet: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3655783648 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 1948569602 Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 2287965686

Let's start the thread off with some predictions for today's game.

I hate to start it out on a bummer, but I actually have the Broncos taking this one 27-20. We are a little short-handed on defense with Ryan Clark and James Harrison not playing tonight and I think that could be the difference in the game. If the game were in Pittsburgh and Clark were playing, I'd have a different take. Fear not though, SXers, I have our Stillers finishing this season in the 11-5 to 13-3 range, so I think they learn and get better from it.

I expect a rocky start to the new Haley offense as they work out the kinks and get Mike Wallace up to speed with the rest of the unit. I also expect to have some success running the football with our deep RB stable sharing the duties and running it behind our new (old) guard Willie Colon. Look for Heath Miller to get involved in the passing game too as he was quiet during the preseason.

All of that said, I hope to hell I look foolish at the end of tonight's game and our Steelers go into Denver hell bent on revenge from last season's embarrassing playoff loss to the Denver Tebows. I'd love nothing more than to see our offense break out and score 30+ on Denver and win, forcing me to eat crow tomorrow.

And one last thing.....

Well, one analyst has Manning with 40 TDs and 4,000 yards before his season even starts....................

Anyway, I'm interested to see how that line holds up for an entire game and how well we can run the ball. IMO, Pittsburgh goes to the SB with strong showings throughout the season from both. Running the ball means more clock control and that might translate to our defense not being on the field as much as in the past, that will help our secondary tremendously.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Steeltown beatdown wrote:
I'm interested to see how that line holds up for an entire game and how well we can run the ball.
Yep, I can't wait to see how the line does. Everyone was deflated a little when DeCastro got injured. But I believe the line is still better than it was last year, and Haley won't have Ben dropping back and throwing downfield 40 times a game, which requires excellent pass protection from the O-line. In other words ... Haley won't put them in a position to fail like Arians did. With a better O-line and quicker passes, I think the offense will be much improved.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Man...seeing all these terrible calls by the scabs...I'm actually worried about the Steelers! But none the less, its finally here! GO STEELERS!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:37 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Man...seeing all these terrible calls by the scabs...I'm actually worried about the Steelers! But none the less, its finally here! GO STEELERS!
I've been catching bits and pieces of games. I haven't seen a lot of bad calls. But the few I did see were REALLY bad.

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Thats all you need for evidence..just a couple of bad calls. Hope this doesn't linger to the game tonight! Sucks that AGAIN..the game is in Denver which means Clark can't play. That is ridiculous...why never in Pittsburgh?
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:43 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:

Did you happen to catch the no call pass interference in the endzone in the TN/NE game? Even the Brady loving announcers (Simms and Nantz) called it.
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:50 pm

No, I've only watched the Lions and Packers games only...since they are the only ones that have been on.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Getting close to game time. Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 348340646

I'll check in at halftime. Enjoy the game everyone. Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 2287965686

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm

The Seahawks timeout fiasco at the end of the game was enough to make me want the old shitty refs back. Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I'll check back at the half. I would normally attend this thread on game days, but i'm not watching on the laptop being that it's nationally televised.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Go Steelers Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3056903510
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Here we go...

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Im nervous as hell!! see you guys at halftime
Go steelers!!!!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 pm

That was a good play by Foote. Good job driving past his blocker and getting to Peyton.

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Anyone alive in here? Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 1797695198

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Alive but not well

Just witessed the Big Ben sack. SHIT!

Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Well I see our offense still has some kinks to work out. A few senseless penalties, and some lazy blocking...but so far they are looking good for the first game of the season.

Defensively, I think the guys are fired up, but not having Clark back there is a huge impact on Polamalu.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:17 pm

What the heck...well in to the 2nd quarter and we've only got two pages.

I can tell you now if the Steelers start to falter, I'll be logging off for the remainder of the game.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Heeaaaaattttthhhhhhh

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:20 pm

that was a little too close for comfort

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Not happy about that...

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm

it's situations like this that I miss The Bus

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread   Official Steelers vs. Broncos game day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next