Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers players rip new rule Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers players rip new rule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers players rip new rule Empty
PostSubject: Steelers players rip new rule   Steelers players rip new rule EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

ESPN.com news services

The NFL's new proposal to punish teams for their players' multiple flagrant hits that result in fines has been nicknamed by some in the league as the "Steelers rule." Not surprisingly, some of the hardest hitters on Pittsburgh's defense took to social media to blast the league's new initiative.

The punishment will be financial, although league vice president Adolpho Birch said Tuesday he didn't rule out commissioner Roger Goodell applying further sanctions, such as stripping clubs of draft choices. Also Tuesday, owners approved rules amendments for player safety, targeting launching and further defining what qualifies as a defenseless player.

In his news conference Wednesday to wrap up the spring owners meetings in Indianapolis, Goodell said the "objective is to have a club accountability" in making the game safer. He said he hasn't contemplated yet whether he would take draft picks away from teams, but he did say the NFL would summon teams to the league offices in New York to discuss problems, if needed.

(Read More:) http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6586630

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers players rip new rule   Steelers players rip new rule EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Steelers players rip new rule 1505004552

Goodbye NFL, it was nice knowing you!
No

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers players rip new rule 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers players rip new rule   Steelers players rip new rule EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:11 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Steelers players rip new rule 1505004552

Goodbye NFL, it was nice knowing you!
No

If they don't do something about Goodell soon, he will destroy the NFL as we know it. I will soon cease being a fan if this pussification of the league continues.

Considering the current insane popularity of the NFL, I would never have guessed there was a big enough idiot to fuck it up.... I stand corrected. Steelers players rip new rule 294855916

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers players rip new rule   Steelers players rip new rule EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Quote :
"I'm absolutely sure now after this last rule change that the people making the rules at the NFL are idiots." -- Steelers LB James Harrison on his Twitter account

Steelers players rip new rule 3562723908

Can players be fined during the lockout? Steelers players rip new rule 190127080

Kudos to Harrison for saying what the fans have known for quite a while.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers players rip new rule   Steelers players rip new rule Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers players rip new rule
Page 1 of 1