Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOur schedule Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Our schedule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exncite
Xtreme Newb
exncite

Our schedule Empty
PostSubject: Our schedule   Our schedule EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm

One thing that most people have been ignoring is the ridiculous schedule that the Steelers play this year. We have had only 2 games thus far that are played at the "normal" 1:00 PM time. And we only play 6 games all year long at 1:00 PM including the last 2 against Cincy and Cleveland.

Is it me or is it highly unusual? And does it hurt or help the mental preparedness?

Wallace108

Our schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our schedule   Our schedule EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

exncite wrote:
One thing that most people have been ignoring is the ridiculous schedule that the Steelers play this year. We have had only 2 games thus far that are played at the "normal" 1:00 PM time. And we only play 6 games all year long at 1:00 PM including the last 2 against Cincy and Cleveland.

Is it me or is it highly unusual? And does it hurt or help the mental preparedness?

I brought that up somewhere here yesterday. I feel like we're a West Coast team now. Our schedule 294855916

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Our schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our schedule   Our schedule EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 pm

exncite wrote:
And does it hurt or help the mental preparedness?

I know it hurts my mental preparedness. Our schedule 1797695198

I hate afternoon and night games. I hate the afternoon ones because, by the time they start, I'm lethargic and need a nap. It hurts my excitement level for the game some. I'd much rather get up in the morning and do whatever I need to do around the house real quick and then settle in at 1pm for a day of football. My energy is much higher and I can concentrate on the game better. After the game, I can just relax and take a nap if I want to or go somewhere.

I hate night games because I have to get up at around 3:30am for work unless I take off. I know it's nice to see your team in primetime, but I still prefer the 1pm Sunday games. I abhor the Thursday night games especially. They didn't need to add yet another night of football to further over-saturate the football week with. It's a pure money grab and is not conducive to the NFL bullshit mantra of "player safety" when they trot these guys out for yet another equivalent to an automobile accident on short rest. I boycott all Thursday night games except the Steelers in protest.

As far as the players preparedness, I'm not sure how much that would affect them. I would imagine they are well-trained and mentally conditioned to something like that. It's not as tough as short rest for a Thursday night game or flying from coast-to-coast to play with jet lag in a different time zone. That would be more taxing than a 3-hour difference in start times.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our schedule   Our schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Our schedule
Page 1 of 1