Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers - ratbirds ACT 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2

Go down 
+9
Gingerchip
Drizztbob
fer69
Buddha Bus
effyou515
solardave
Wallace108
JonM229
stlrtruck
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 Empty
PostSubject: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok here we sit, still in playoff contention and the ratbirds in front of us. The first game against them came down to poor special teams. And it cost us the game, well that and Lefty not owning up to being injured and shouldn't have been in the game in the 4th quarter.

However, as I look forward to this Sunday's game, I've got to say I really don't have a comfortable feeling about the outcome of the game. While I feel confident our defense will continue to make flacco struggle running the offense, I'm not so certain our offense can produce points against the ravens defense, especially in their house.

I'm still pulling for the Steelers and would love for them to prove me wrong, but honestly, I can no longer look at football with black-n-gold colored glasses on. This game is not a test, I just want our injury report to not grow any more than it already is, then push through the rest of the season, make the playoffs, and do so with a full squad of healthy players.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

I think it's going to be close. But I do think that the Ravens offense will prevail as they typically do at home. Still haven't figured out why Flacco and Cameron can't get it together on the road.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I think it's going to be close. But I do think that the Ravens offense will prevail as they typically do at home. Still haven't figured out why Flacco and Cameron can't get it together on the road.
Field position has worked against them. They need to be in more 4th and 29 situations.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Field position has worked against them. They need to be in more 4th and 29 situations.

4th and 29. Yeah it's doable. WHO KNEW? Unbelievable. If we tried that we'd just fumble. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2913999526
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:35 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Ok here we sit, still in playoff contention and the ratbirds in front of us. The first game against them came down to poor special teams. And it cost us the game, well that and Lefty not owning up to being injured and shouldn't have been in the game in the 4th quarter.

However, as I look forward to this Sunday's game, I've got to say I really don't have a comfortable feeling about the outcome of the game. While I feel confident our defense will continue to make flacco struggle running the offense, I'm not so certain our offense can produce points against the ravens defense, especially in their house.

I'm still pulling for the Steelers and would love for them to prove me wrong, but honestly, I can no longer look at football with black-n-gold colored glasses on. This game is not a test, I just want our injury report to not grow any more than it already is, then push through the rest of the season, make the playoffs, and do so with a full squad of healthy players.

with you truck.

hard to stir the pot when you don't know if the Steelers offense can hold on to the ball and score a points.

Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1797695198 i know we could punt on first down that way the offense can't turn the ball over and let the defense score the points. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1505004552

well its got to get better.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:35 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

4th and 29. Yeah it's doable. WHO KNEW? Unbelievable. If we tried that we'd just fumble. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2913999526

Or a bubble screen for -2 yards. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:30 pm

If Ben and brown play we could/should win by at least 10 points
I know the raven are 9-3 but honestly the should be 6-5, They should have lost the Kansas,Steelers and San Diego games plus their D is not as good as it was before and flacco well he sucks Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm

fer69 wrote:
If Ben and brown play we could/should win by at least 10 points
I know the raven are 9-3 but honestly the should be 6-5, They should have lost the Kansas,Steelers and San Diego games plus their D is not as good as it was before and flacco well he sucks Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3798349058

Actually, they are 9-2.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Ok 9-2 can you forgive me Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2164293255

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm

fer69 wrote:
Ok 9-2 can you forgive me Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2164293255

Nope. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2472506995

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm

If Ben and Brown can't play and we lean on Decastro too much on his first game back, this will be another L for the Steelers. I have a sick feeling there is some deeper seeded problems going on behind the scenes with Wallace, Tomlin, Haley and others. Whether it be a massive miscommunication or a down right flagrant refusal to play to potential, SOMETHING is wrong with the offensive side of the ball and I can't believe it ALL revolves around Ben being out.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
If Ben and Brown can't play and we lean on Decastro too much on his first game back, this will be another L for the Steelers. I have a sick feeling there is some deeper seeded problems going on behind the scenes with Wallace, Tomlin, Haley and others. Whether it be a massive miscommunication or a down right flagrant refusal to play to potential, SOMETHING is wrong with the offensive side of the ball and I can't believe it ALL revolves around Ben being out.

Some of it is is Leftwich breaking some ribs falling down and some is that Batch appears to finally be acting his age.

It doesn't help these guys are rusty and haven't been getting many snaps with the first team either, before Ben got hurt.

Who knows, maybe Batch shakes off his rust and performs beautifully this week, but I have my doubts.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Is this a nationally televised game?

Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 am

Gingerchip wrote:

It is not a prime time game, it is a 4:15 game.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

It is not a prime time game, it is a 4:15 game.
It's a 4:25 CBS primetime slot, but I wouldn't call it that. It'll still likely be the afternoon game on all local CBS channels, though, unless a local team plays in the same slot.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm

I sit here in shock. I never anticipated that the Steelers on the road with a 3rd string QB (albeit better than most 2nd stringers), would win this game.

I guess tonight I'm eating crow....how ironic.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:58 pm

I've had Charlie's back for a long time now, and he pulled through for me. I had little hope we'd win even one game in Ben's absence, and honestly, after last weeks game, I doubt anyone could say with a straight face they had confidence in the offense. We turned the ball over again a couple times today, but it ended in a W. We managed to pull out a win without Ben. It may have been one out of three, but it was arguably looked at as our toughest challenge without Ben, and we got things done. I nearly cried when Ben was hugging Charlie. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:28 pm

bayz101 wrote:
I've had Charlie's back for a long time now, and he pulled through for me.
Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1549491426

Charlie thanks you for the support. No, really ... he does.

bayz101 wrote:
after last weeks game, I doubt anyone could say with a straight face they had confidence in the offense.
Wait, that doesn't sound like you had Charlie's back right there. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2981382511

Yes, I can say with a straight face that I had confidence in the offense with Batch under center.

When I was younger, the Lions were my second-favorite team (mainly because of Billy Sims and then Barry Sanders). I watched Batch play since 1998. He was a damn good quarterback who had an unfortunate streak of injuries. While serving as our backup, he could have started for a lot of teams. You couldn't ask for a better backup QB than Batch has been for us over the years. I'm just glad that certain Steelers fans finally realized it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I sit here in shock. I never anticipated that the Steelers on the road with a 3rd string QB (albeit better than most 2nd stringers), would win this game.

I guess tonight I'm eating crow....how ironic.

I ate a huge helping of humble pie myself...I would of never seen this win coming. What a great win to obtain! I'm actually speechless over it. The stars aligned I suppose and D kicked butt!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
I've had Charlie's back for a long time now, and he pulled through for me.
Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1549491426

Charlie thanks you for the support. No, really ... he does.

bayz101 wrote:
after last weeks game, I doubt anyone could say with a straight face they had confidence in the offense.
Wait, that doesn't sound like you had Charlie's back right there. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2981382511

Yes, I can say with a straight face that I had confidence in the offense with Batch under center.

When I was younger, the Lions were my second-favorite team (mainly because of Billy Sims and then Barry Sanders). I watched Batch play since 1998. He was a damn good quarterback who had an unfortunate streak of injuries. While serving as our backup, he could have started for a lot of teams. You couldn't ask for a better backup QB than Batch has been for us over the years. I'm just glad that certain Steelers fans finally realized it.
Batch may have his fair share of injuries, but Leftwich has him beat in that category it seems. I've always had faith in Batch dating back to my first Steelers games. He's 38 years old and had a bad game against the Brown's. I don't think there was a Steelers fan in the world who wasn't having doubts about this game, and hell, I LIKED our shot better when I heard Brown was returning. He didn't do too much in his first week back from injury. A lot of people say Haley's gameplan was perfect and that we'd of won last weeks game with it. Honestly, I don't think Batch was ready just yet, and it's obvious our backs weren't. I didn't get to watch Tomlin post-game, but if he wasn't cheerful i'll kill him. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 1797695198

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 am

I'll be honest and say that after last weeks showing, I had very little confidence in Batch and the offense. Didn't hate Batch, but just didn't think he could get the win tonight. I've never been so glad to be so wrong. The emotion at the end of the game just had me in tears (though I'm sure the amount of wine I had during the game helped them along lol).

A very ugly win that I'll take any day of the week though. On to the Chargers now!

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am

I had complete faith in Chuck, no I was talkin crap on him but I was still rooting for him.

can you vent about someone on a message board but still be rooting for them?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am

effyou515 wrote:

I had complete faith in Chuck, no I was talkin crap on him but I was still rooting for him.

Sure, but it seems you'll get called out. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3798349058

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

bayz101 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Sure, but it seems you'll get called out. Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 3798349058
but thats where i used to live Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 2829330259
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 am

I'm still in shock. Happily! But still in shock.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2   Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers - ratbirds ACT 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next