Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePhil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker Empty
PostSubject: Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker   Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

ESPN.com news services

Phil Ivey says he's sitting out the World Series of Poker and has sued Tiltware, the software and marketing provider for Full Tilt Poker, over its failure to reimburse online player accounts in the wake of the federal online poker sting.

"I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm," Ivey, who has played online on Full Tilt and appeared in the company's TV commercials, said in a statement posted on his website.

[+] Enlarge
Jacob Andrzejczak/Getty Images
Phil Ivey, widely regarded as one of the game's best players, says he will not participate in the World Series of Poker.
"I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible," he said.

(Read More:) http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=6614429

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker   Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Good for him. I think it's shitty as well. I'm no hard core gamer or anything, but I've got a little bit of money tied up in Full Tilt. I never had it there expecting to gain a fortune...but I started small and figured whatever I made could eventually be extra money. I'd gone from about $15 to almost $250 in about a year. Would be nice to be able to take that money out (which I could previously do at my choosing through PayPal or my bank account). Now it's just sitting there in limbo.

Glad someone with his stature in the poker gaming community has our backs.

Phil Ivey sits out World Series of Poker
Page 1 of 1