Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace getting some Pitt love Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace getting some Pitt love

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Bays
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Wallace getting some Pitt love Empty
PostSubject: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Holding + Touchdown Drop on the same drive. He'll need to catch six passes for 80 yards AND the game-winner to make up for that.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Crowd booing him. He single-handedly ended that drive for our offense.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm

But what about Brown's lack of effort on the ball in the endzone that ended up in chargers TD?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace getting some Pitt love 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
But what about Brown's lack of effort on the ball in the endzone that ended up in chargers TD?

Wasn't a lack of effort. He actually tried VERY hard to get it and run it out, but he's not THAT much of a playmaker. Wallace getting some Pitt love 1797695198

He should have fallen on it, but it wasn't a lack of effort.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 am

I just can't believe we flop against teams like this. The Chargers,Titans,Raiders,Browns and almost the Chiefs what the hell.

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I had the pleasure of attending my first Steelers game this past Sunday. Wallace was got the big "BOO" for the whole first half! Of all the teams to loose to this year?! I'm pissed! Why do we continually play down to our lesser opponents? Having said that I did enjoy myself and I appreciate Galax Steelers brother for having me up this past weekend!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 pm

bayz101 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Wasn't a lack of effort. He actually tried VERY hard to get it and run it out, but he's not THAT much of a playmaker. Wallace getting some Pitt love 1797695198

I've seen that replay multiple times, and I'm sorry, but IMO, that was a horrible effort to cover that ball. To me, it appeared that he was afraid to take a shot.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I've seen that replay multiple times, and I'm sorry, but IMO, that was a horrible effort to cover that ball. To me, it appeared that he was afraid to take a shot.

Looks to me like he simply tried to grab it as quickly as possible and run with it, but didn't bend down far enough to get it. And if you're afraid to get lit up like a candle, that isn't a lack of effort. He was obviously unaware that he could have simply kicked it out of the End Zone, and with how often we're in bad field position, you'd think our coaches would have them prepared for things like this.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 pm

I've seen pop-warner cheerleaders give better effort than that in picking up a loose football.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I've seen pop-warner cheerleaders give better effort than that in picking up a loose football.

Well, if he was trying to grab it and throw it out, or even try and run with it, he'd of had to do it quick. The ball slipped of his fingers at that's the story. No point in arguing about it, if the TE doesn't get RAPED on a block, none of it happens. Not to mention our constantly bad field position. Wallace getting some Pitt love 1797695198

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm

I think he thought it was a dead ball Wallace getting some Pitt love 2087824411

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Interesting ...

Quote :
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot

A.J. Green leads the AFC North in drops with 7. One ahead of Mike Wallace.

Do you know who else has more drops on the season than Wallace? ... Calvin Johnson, Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, and Reggie Wayne among others.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

It's not that Wallace drops more passes than other receivers. We just focus more on his drops because we want reasons to hate him. Wallace's effort at times is a concern. But his ability to catch the ball isn't.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace getting some Pitt love   Wallace getting some Pitt love Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace getting some Pitt love
Page 1 of 1