Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWould YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?

Go down 
+5
fer69
vasteeler
stlrtruck
Wallace108
Bays
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? Empty
PostSubject: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 pm

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/burress-return-to-steelers-only-happens-out-of-desperation/

Can't post any of the article, copyright protected, so posted link.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Last week, free-agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress, most recently of the New York Jets where he started 13 games in 2011 and had 45 receptions for 612 yards and eight touchdowns, was admittedly puzzled that he was still looking for work. "No doubt about it," he said at the time. "With some of the things I was able to do after being away for two years, I pretty much thought it spoke for itself. But I guess obviously not."

Burress says he was a 'great teammate'

Burress' problems could stem from both reality and perception; the former: he's 34 years old and struggles to create separation in his pass routes. The latter: off-field issues likely haven't helped his employment status. To which Burress would like to remind you: "For anybody to say I was a problem in the locker room or anything like that is totally a lie," he said. "All I did was come out, was a great teammate, tried to play the best football that I could play."

This sounds like something right out of the Terrell Owens PR handbook. The difference: there's a chance Burress plays in the NFL this season. He's hinted that he'd like to join the Raiders and new coach Dennis Allen didn't reflexively nix the idea.

Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19726806/could-plaxico-burress-future-be-in-oakland-or-pittsburgh-in--2012

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Short answer ... no.

However, I WOULD like to see Wallace back in Pitt. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1689750825

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Short answer ... no.

However, I WOULD like to see Wallace back in Pitt. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1689750825

He's already here, and he's staying here unless we trade him. If he isn't suited up for Thursday's game, I hope we trade him for a compensatory 7th round pick. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1664291743

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:13 pm

I say we bring back Sweed then.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I say we bring back Sweed then.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 am

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 903924208

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 am

nope

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 am

It wallace doesnt sign his tender and if we can get him for about 1 mil I'd say yes!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:30 am

fer69 wrote:
It wallace doesnt sign his tender and if we can get him for about 1 mil I'd say yes!

Dang it fer, change your avatar Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 2744185472

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:55 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Dang it fer, change your avatar Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 2744185472

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1664291743 Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3562723908 Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1549491426

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 2744185472

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:24 am

Nope! The guy is waaaay too much trouble......I say BRING BACK WARD!!!!!!! Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3056903510

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:43 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Nope! The guy is waaaay too much trouble......I say BRING BACK WARD!!!!!!! Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3056903510

I can't believe it took you this long to say that. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:30 am

Quote :
can't believe it took you this long to say that.

I've been trying very hard to contain myself Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 2474380249

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:34 am

My answer: No. Anyone but him. Even Sweed.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:44 am

Plax is not an option. He wants too much money. Steelers don't have the cap space.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 pm

lvsteelersfan wrote:
Plax is not an option. He wants too much money. Steelers don't have the cap space.
That's the bottom line.

And welcome to the Xtreme community. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 230572241

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

bayz101 wrote:
My answer: No. Anyone but him. Even Sweed.

:chainsaw: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1901550296 :roasted:

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Um, if Wallace doesn't sign a long-term deal then the Steelers have plenty of cap space.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Not sure if they'll dwindle that down to the last three dollars, though.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

According to Spotrac.com our cap figure is 120,897,675. Can that possibly be correct? That'd put us over that cap, wouldn't it?

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't remember exactly what the Steelers' cap number is, but I know it's higher than that, and that number is also certainly wrong. Even NFL.com had the Steelers over $3 million under the cap several weeks ago, and the only things they've done since then was to sign Starks, extend Brown, and release Scott, and all of those moves some pretty close to balancing out. The DeCastro contract moved them to probably about $2 million under. Add in the fact that the team still plans to use the $1.5 million cap credits and the fact that Wallace's cap number will be reduced for every game he misses (remember, in this scenario Wallace holds out into the season, otherwise the team wouldn't be bringing in a veteran receiver), and the team has plenty of money to throw at a Plaxico Burress. Burress got a contract of about $3 million last year, and by using the cap credits (which Colbert has already said they would use) and subtracting about $1.5 million from Wallace's cap hit, and that's $3 million right there without even moving the salary cap dial.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I'd give him another shot in the black and gold, but he'd definitely have to prove that all his childish shenigans are behind him.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
fer69 wrote:

i had to put her on a diet, hope you like her now Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm

fer69 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
fer69 wrote:

i had to put her on a diet, hope you like her now Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 3798349058

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? 1374986764

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next