Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire   Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 am

Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:30 pm
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH — David DeCastro is a man of few words. Even when among teammates, seldom does he have much to say. That’s fine with the Steelers.

They don’t want their new right guard to talk a great game. They want him to play great. On Sunday, DeCastro (right) will get that chance.

The Steelers’ first-round pick in this year’s draft will make his first pro start in Dallas.

“I am extremely eager,” he said. “That is what I have been working the past couple of months for. I have been injured, doing rehab, and you set a goal like this to get back out there and play.”

DeCastro, a consensus All-American last year at Stanford, was slated to start the minute he arrived in Pittsburgh. But on Aug. 25, in the third preseason game in Buffalo, he suffered multiple knee injuries that put his rookie season in jeopardy.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-decastro-gets-a-delayed-trial-by-fire/article_d8b60637-6f48-51e2-872a-53177cffad20.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm excited to see DeCastro's first regular season start. I hope he's fully healed though. It could be a little rough in his first game so I'm not getting my hopes up too high. He's coming back from a knee injury and he's a rookie, so there's bound to be some adjustment for him. Thankfully, he's staring at RG so at least it isn't on Ben's blind side.

Now go out and show everyone why the Steelers drafted you in the 1st round, DD!!! Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire 3056903510

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire   Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 am

I hope they knocked any rust off him during the week. If he can work past the injury and gel quickly with the rest of the o-line on the field, it would definitely help solidify the front going in to the playoffs.

Who am I kidding, it'll help us maintain (if not improve) our playoff position.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire   Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 am

I can't wait to watch him play Sunday, I just wish we could get past these injuries that have plagued us all year.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire   Steelers' DeCastro gets a delayed trial by fire Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1