Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers activate rookie guard DeCastro Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro

Go down 
+5
Galax Steeler
steelersfan87
stlrtruck
Buddha Bus
Drizztbob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro Empty
PostSubject: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:29 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098751/article/david-decastro-joe-haden-ready-for-steelers-browns

Would be sweet to see him out on the field for a reg season game!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm not going to get too excited. The o-line has been playing well without him and there's no need to rush him back and injure him further. I'd rather see him on the field next year 100% than on the field this year at 65%.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:24 pm

The way the injury bug has hindered our team this year, having him as an optional replacement should the need arise.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

If he's good to go this season, then he might as well be activated and, if necessary or he proves he can handle it, play.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 am

I would love to see him back on the field but only if he is ready. I along with everyone else was excited to see him go to the Steelers. It is just hard to see your number one pick sit on the bench and not play.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
I would love to see him back on the field but only if he is ready. I along with everyone else was excited to see him go to the Steelers. It is just hard to see your number one pick sit on the bench and not play.

Exactly

Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:

Exactly

I'm ready to see him play....and push some shit birds around!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 am

Just don't rush him back too soon and aggravate something else. Remember he's been out for some time and typically if people rush back they risk not only the original injury but additional injuries because of lack of preparation (training, etc.)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm not going to get too excited. The o-line has been playing well without him and there's no need to rush him back and injure him further. I'd rather see him on the field next year 100% than on the field this year at 65%.

I agree. We seem to have a pretty good chemistry right now and I'd hate to mess with it.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I agree. We seem to have a pretty good chemistry right now and I'd hate to mess with it.

I'd be fine with activating him as a backup if he's healthy enough and if he can slowly work his way into a starting role. I just think it may be a bad idea to rush him in after such a long layoff. Remember, he's a rookie still learning the NFL ropes. Couple his greenness with the fact he's probably a bit out of football shape and recovering from a serious knee injury, and it could be asking for some subpar play in an area that's doing well currently. Is it worth the risk right now?

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 am

The long-awaited debut of rookie guard David DeCastro could come Sunday in Baltimore after the Steelers activated him to their 53-man roster.

DeCastro, their first-round draft choice, was placed on the newly created injured reserve/designated to return list after a knee injury in the third preseason game. He was eligible to return after eight weeks but did not begin practicing until last week.

The Steelers also re-signed offensive lineman John Malecki, placed offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert on injured reserve and released wide receiver David Gilreath, who is possibly headed for their practice squad.

Gilbert has not played since Oct. 11 when he left their game in Tennessee with a serious ankle injury that so far has been determined does not require surgery.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-activate-rookie-guard-decastro-663737/#ixzz2DPgkErS7

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 am

WTF? I thought Gilbert was close to returning according to Kaboly? This team is a hot mess of injuries right now. Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro 2913999526

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

next season this offensive line should really be coming together. just can't happen soon enough for me.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Can he play Qb? Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro   Steelers activate rookie guard DeCastro Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1