Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal

Go down 
+3
effyou515
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150329/article/bruce-gradkowski-steelers-reportedly-agree-to-terms

Quote :
The days of backing up Ben Roethlisberger with old-as-the-sea signal-callers has come to an end.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to a three-year deal with quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, who spent the past two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Gradkowski is no savior, but looms as a better option than Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich, the ancient duo (at a combined 71 years old) who toiled behind Big Ben in recent years. Gradkowski barely played in Cincinnati because of the emergence of Andy Dalton, but was 3-5 in eight starts for the Oakland Raiders from 2009 to 2010.

Side note: With Rosethlisberger hailing from Miami of Ohio and Gradkowski from Toledo, the Steelers now roll with a pair of MAC quarterbacks at the top of the depth chart. You don't see that every day.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

I don't mind this move. Veteran backup who has some mileage left. Put a whoopin on us last year...

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Better then Lefty any day of the week. Charlie still going to hold the clipboard? Chuck could be the QB coach.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:49 pm

It'd be nice to draft a young Qb IMO (R6,R7)

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Yea I read this today. I'm apprehensive about the selection. Like fer69 said it would be nice to have a younger one on the team.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 pm

tyler Bray would look good in the black and gold.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Bruce Almighty!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Bruce Almighty!
Bruce Alrighty. Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal 184121345

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 am

Quote :
Gradkowski is headed home

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Playing for the Steelers was something Bruce Gradkowski dreamt about as a kid growing up in the Pittsburgh area, and that dream turned into reality on Wednesday when the free agent quarterback signed with the Steelers.

“Growing up here in Pittsburgh everyone is a Steelers fan,” said Gradkowski, just moments after signing his contract. “That is one of the things that excites me about coming home, knowing how diehard these fans are. These fans love their football more than anything. That is what I love.

“To grow up as a kid and think one day I would be playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers, it’s a dream come true. For me to be a part of this, I will do anything I can to help us win and get better each and every day. I am looking forward to being a part of this organization.”

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/16855-Gradkowski-is-headed-home

The more I think about it, I really like this addition. Gradkowski should make a fine backup QB. He's a veteran, and he's had some success in the NFL. This move is much better than bringing in a young, inexperienced QB. When Gradkowski has to go in, the stage won't be too big for him. It's almost like having a younger (and hopefully less injury prone) Charlie Batch.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:35 am

and I drink at his bar! Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal 1647293567 Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal 2196231899

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal   Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign Gradkowski to 3 year deal
Page 1 of 1