Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal

Go down 
+4
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
Lokki
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal Empty
PostSubject: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 1:01 pm

Quote :
Former Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills quarterback Mitch Trubisky will sign a 2-year deal with the Steelers, per a report from Mike Garafolo.

When Trubisky was drafted by the Bears second overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, it seemed like a massive reach. That thought proved to be true, as he was never really able to find consistent success in the Windy City. Though that realistically could have been more about coaching than it was about him as a player.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/3/14/22968131/mitch-trubisky-rumors-news-steelers-signing-nfl-free-agency-2022-depth-chart-contract-length-amount
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm

It's def better than what we have. Hopefully this turns out to be a good signing
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 1:29 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
It's def better than what we have. Hopefully this turns out to be a good signing

yeah, I'm ok with it, depending on what the terms of the 2 year deal are. If we got him semi-cheap, then it could be a good thing. It gives Mason someone to push him, because it didn't seem like Haskins was giving much effort there. I wonder if Dobbs is out now.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 2:21 pm

I am glad they did it. Pretty sure he didn't break the bank and that gives the team 3 QBs to compete for the starting job. Hopefully they give them a stout Oline. If they get that running game going for Harris it will take a big load off any of those QBs shoulders. Trubisky can win games and he has a good strong arm.

It's a classic FA move by the Steelers. Lots of potential upside more then likely minimal over all risk.

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 5:14 pm

In a down QB draft year, it makes sense. Sounds like he's well liked in the locker room and he works hard.

Also a signal the Steelers decided not to draft a QB this year, in a bad draft year for QB's. So we take a flier on him and we rebuild other areas.

I'm just happy we didn't sign:
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
trade for Deshaun Watson
Colin Krapernick.

There are always things to be thankful for.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 7:40 pm

They picked up a new center too
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 9:22 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
They picked up a new center too
Mason Cole. You broke the news to me, I hadn't seen that yet. I had to hunt it down.

That sure changes the draft outlook.

Perhaps all in on Jordan Davis?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 5:28 am

It'll be interesting to see how Trubisky does with a much more stable organization and not having to play under Matt Nagy. He's shown flashes of brilliance from time to time, so I am hoping our coaching staff can bring that out of him. Hopefully it works out for the best.

I really don't want to hear it from my co-worker that's a Bears fan and who will absolutely delight in seeing Trubisky suck it up for us if that happens. I gave him a good bit of crap about Trubisky over his time there, so I guess if Trubisky sucks it'll be karma coming back to bite me. Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal 1797695198

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:23 pm

My question is, is he mobile? I remember something about valuing mobility.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Great Randino wrote:
My question is, is he mobile?  I remember something about valuing mobility.

I believe he ran like a 4.6 40 or a 4.7. Not lightning fast but athletic enough that his legs are a threat and he'll be able to more effectively run the RPOs, and bootlegs that Ben really struggled with.

We just signed James Daniels too to bolster this offensive line. Finally a Hawkeye in the Steel City!

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Great Randino wrote:

He is a mobile QB. He can get outside the pocket and pass on the run.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 5:59 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

He is a mobile QB. He can get outside the pocket and pass on the run.
Excellent ,that's what we need.

Glad to see we have bolstered the line.

Probably means we aren't going Center in the draft (and the signing of Trubisky means probably not Qb, but you never know if someone intriguing falls to a later round), I'm kind of thinking maybe all in on Jordan Davis now.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 6:04 pm

Levi Wallace heads to Steelers for two years, $8M

And once again the truth is found

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm

See how much we can do when we don't have a shit-ton tied up in an aging QB that can barely move?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 6:42 pm

effyou515 wrote:

Levi Wallace heads to Steelers for two years, $8M

Solid CB not super flashy but a good replacement for Haden and a definitely affordable price.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 11:38 am

Here's an article where Wallace admits one of the biggest reasons he came to the Steelers was because of his respect for Trubisky:
Steelers CB Levi Wallace says QB Mitch Trubisky a big reason he signed with Pittsburgh

Trubisky is very much a QB fit for Canada's offense. Still not a fan of Canada, but glad to see if the Steelers are going to stay with him and his offense they are doing what they can to support him. Here's a vid of his running and throwing while scrambling:

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 1:54 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Trubisky is very much a QB fit for Canada's offense.

I have a feeling Trubisky will do much better with the Steelers than he did with the Bears. He never stood a chance in Chicago. With that said, I think they still draft a QB.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 9:18 am

Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I have a feeling Trubisky will do much better with the Steelers than he did with the Bears. He never stood a chance in Chicago. With that said, I think they still draft a QB.

I liked Trubisky coming out of UNC. If I remember correctly, he only started 1 year there because his coaches were stuck on a slash type QB who never quite had the talent as a passer. So he was fairly raw when he landed on the Bears. He's a very athletic guy, so Canada should be happy with his capabilities.

The Steelers are certainly doing their due diligence on QBs this year. I won't be too happy if they draft a QB outside of round 1, just because they have 3 QBs on the roster with NFL starting experience who might not be considered (today) as the franchise QB. Why get a later round QB just to add another body? On the flip side, if they draft someone in the 1st round, they better be sure they have their franchise guy.  Otherwise, bolster a position of need (DL, WR). I'm definitely ok with them not taking a QB this year if the decide to continue to build out the roster and roll with the QBs they already have.

Wallace108, SteelerFreak58, SteelSouthofDixie and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 9:42 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I liked Trubisky coming out of UNC. If I remember correctly, he only started 1 year there because his coaches were stuck on a slash type QB who never quite had the talent as a passer. So he was fairly raw when he landed on the Bears. He's a very athletic guy, so Canada should be happy with his capabilities.

The Steelers are certainly doing their due diligence on QBs this year. I won't be too happy if they draft a QB outside of round 1, just because they have 3 QBs on the roster with NFL starting experience who might not be considered (today) as the franchise QB. Why get a later round QB just to add another body? On the flip side, if they draft someone in the 1st round, they better be sure they have their franchise guy.  Otherwise, bolster a position of need (DL, WR). I'm definitely ok with them not taking a QB this year if the decide to continue to build out the roster and roll with the QBs they already have.

My biggest fear is the trade up and give up valuable draft picks to go after a QB like Willis that has a lot of raw talent but has too many question marks. This is a weak QB draft class and as stated above we have way too many areas of other need and concern ( SS, WR, ILB, DL, OT, CB, 2nd RB). If they give up a 2nd and 3rd to move up spots it's going to hurt the team in the long run.

I am perfectly fine with them going with the current 3 and letting them all battle it out in Canada's full offensive scheme and plans. May the best man win. Next year's QB crop is a lot stronger then this 2022 group and deeper.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 2:07 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

My biggest fear is the trade up and give up valuable draft picks to go after a QB like Willis that has a lot of raw talent but has too many question marks. This is a weak QB draft class and as stated above we have way too many areas of other need and concern ( SS, WR, ILB, DL, OT, CB, 2nd RB). If they give up a 2nd and 3rd to move up spots it's going to hurt the team in the long run.

I am perfectly fine with them going with the current 3 and letting them all battle it out in Canada's full offensive scheme and plans. May the best man win. Next year's QB crop is a lot stronger then this 2022 group and deeper.

I think it would be a mistake to trade up for any of these qbs. But if one they like falls to them at 20, I think they should take him. Only if it's a guy they really want, and not "best qb available."

I'm late to this discussion, so I'll backtrack a little. The best time to start looking for Ben's replacement was 4 or 5 years ago, even if it meant parting ways with Ben. I've been concerned for years that they'd wait until Ben retires to start the process, and here we are.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 3:14 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I would personally be happy if they decided to roll with Trubisky this year and not draft a QB.

But I'll stand by what I said before on the issue: if they believe their franchise QB is available, they should draft him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 10:11 am

This is the kind of leadership and buy in this team needs. Love seeing Harris, Claypool, Miller, and Friermuth, gonna lead this young group. Says a lot about the future possibilites with Trubisky. Not gonna anoint the guy the next franchise QB for the Steelers but right now I sure am rooting for the young man and am ecstatic that some of the key components of the offense are gonna be there.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/claypool-harris-miller-all-seem-poised-to-attend-trubisky-weekend-practice-in-florida/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:59 pm

Yes! Very much agree with that!

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 10:02 am

Good article... I really am thinking Trubisky will take our offense in the right direction. I think he is going to shock a lot of Steeler fans this year with what he can do...

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/6/17/23168100/mitchell-trubisky-may-have-found-valhalla-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-news-update-depth-chart-bears

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 12:39 pm

Its a really great article, and I feel very good about Mitch leading the offense this year.

On the other hand, there are naysayers. I almost started a thread called "Why do Curt Popejoy and Colin Cowherd hate the Steelers? Both of them wrote about how little $ the Steelers have spent on offense, compared to defense, in the offseason. They perhaps overestimate the importance of how many $ you spend, or perhaps they just aren't very smart. For comparison, if you look up how much $ teams spend on the QB position, and what the results are, it is staggering: almost no team whose Qb is in the top 5 in the league in salary, goes on to win the super bowl (or even get there).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal   Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers signing Trubisky to 2 year deal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next