Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHistory Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 Empty
PostSubject: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:57 pm

By Dan Snyder

The Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 season was filled with highs and lows, excitement and hope that was eventually dashed into heartbreak. But it's not all bad news for the Steelers, especially when you consider the trajectory this team has been on since 2000.

The Steelers are one of the more predictable teams in an utterly unpredictable sport. And their record over the last 13 seasons shows that to a tee.

In 2000, Kevin Colbert took over the front office of a Steelers team who hadn't made the playoffs since the 1997 season. Although Pittsburgh would miss the postseason for the third straight season in their first under Colbert, it would set them on a course that has been running like clockwork.

Since the 2001 season, the Steelers have made the playoffs for two straight years and missed in the third, only to recover a year later and make the final dance. To put it more simply, Pittsburgh is on a two on, one off plan when it comes to the postseason.

So far under Colbert, the Steelers have made the playoffs in '01, '02, '04, '05, '07, '08, '10 and '11 and missed in '00, '03, '06, '09 and '12. Starting to see a pattern in all of this?

READ MORE: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/history-points-playoffs-steelers-2013-195000388.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:04 am

Yeah I see a pattern and would like them to change it up a bit. Like make the playoffs more than2 years consectively. Let's try 4 years in a row.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:25 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Yeah I see a pattern and would like them to change it up a bit. Like make the playoffs more than2 years consectively. Let's try 4 years in a row.

And win 2 SBs in a row AGAIN!!!! That's the ticket.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:55 pm

I guess we'll see what happens.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:16 am

We need some young guys to step up and surprise us and I feel like we're due for just that. I feel pretty good about this season. The reason I say this is after last year the so called experts will right us off and we'll be somewhat under the radar as the underdog just the way we like it.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:48 am

solardave wrote:
We need some young guys to step up and surprise us and I feel like we're due for just that. I feel pretty good about this season. The reason I say this is after last year the so called experts will right us off and we'll be somewhat under the radar as the underdog just the way we like it.
Congrats on your 1,000th post, dave. I'm congratulating you just to boost my own post count. History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013   History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

History Points to Playoffs for Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013
Page 1 of 1