Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating

Go down 
+8
Steel Peon
ebsteelersSF
nikstar
Hawaii 5-0
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelersCanada
solardave
Buddha Bus
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Empty
PostSubject: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:34 am

By Jeff.Hartman  @BnGBlitz on May 16, 2015, 8:31a 53

With so much attention on the New England Patriots* and their current DeflateGate scandal, some wise, and bored, fans put together a site who depicts all 32 teams cheating scandals in their team history.

The New England Patriots*, their quarterback and head coach have been marred in the recent DeflateGate scandal to the point of it being overkill. Nonetheless, some wise, and extremely bored, football fans took it upon themselves to dig into the NFL history books and find every possible scenario each NFL team has been caught cheating in some way, shape or form.

Believe it or not, the Pittsburgh Steelers are listed as the second team of all 32 in terms of biggest cheaters in NFL history. Before you click on the link to take you to YourTeamCheats.com and tell the authors how you feel, you should know a few things about the site. First, obviously the Steelers would have more cheating claims than a team like the Baltimore Ravens as the Ravens haven't been in the NFL as long. Also, some of the claims against the Steelers are very mundane and to the point of sheer assumption.

Take a look at some of the highlights of the Steelers' claim to fame in the cheating game:

Impedegate (2013)

TEAM: The Pittsburgh Steelers

SUMMARY: With 6:26 left in the third quarter of their 2013 Thanksgiving night game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens receiver Jacoby Jones took a kickoff back and had to alter his path because Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin had stepped onto the field. Jones returned the kick 73 yards, but was tackled by defensive back Cortez Allen on the play, and Baltimore had to settle for a field goal on the drive.

Said NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino: "In that instance, the referee could basically penalize the team whatever he deems equitable, which could include giving the Ravens a touchdown. That's not the case here, but certainly coach Tomlin was in the white. He should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct."

In December 2010, the league fined the New York Jets the same amount after a sideline wall established by strength coach Sal Alosi resulted in Alosi tripping Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll. Alosi was suspended indefinitely by the team and resigned in January 2011.

VICTIM: Baltimore Ravens (Specifically, WR Jacoby Jones)

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 by NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson for stepping onto the field during his team's 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers could have lost 2014 draft picks if the play had impacted the Ravens 2013 playoff standing. It didn't.

(Read More:) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2015/5/16/8614775/the-pittsburgh-steelers-history-of-cheating

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:16 am

We don't video other teams practices. We don't tell talented players with a bad attitude to walk out and we'll meet you in the parking lot with a contract. We haven't altered footballs or change formations so fast the refs can't see we're doing illegal ones.

The stuff they're talking about here every team does to some extent. These are all one shot infractions. Not an every game thing leading up to stealing a Superbowl and voting Tomlin or Sanders MVP.

Brady should have been voted MCP (most cheating puss')
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:53 am

Players who freely use illegal hits as part of their game give themselves an unfair advantage versus those who play by the rules.

OLB James Harrison (2010: $25K for roughing the passer)
OLB James Harrison (2010: $75K for a hit on a defenseless player)
OLB James Harrison (2011: suspended 1 game for illegal hit on a QB)

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 1797695198
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:42 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Players who freely use illegal hits as part of their game give themselves an unfair advantage versus those who play by the rules.

OLB James Harrison (2010: $25K for roughing the passer)
OLB James Harrison (2010: $75K for a hit on a defenseless player)
OLB James Harrison (2011: suspended 1 game for illegal hit on a QB)

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 1797695198

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 1664291743
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:43 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Cheaters
Back to top Go down
nikstar
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:20 pm

Well atleast we have a coach that believes strongly in the sanctity of football.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:35 pm

nikstar wrote:
Well atleast we have a coach that believes strongly in the sanctity of football.

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Mike-tomlin-return-interference
Back to top Go down
ebsteelersSF
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Cheaters

whys the dudes crack hanging out and not the ladies?
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:12 am

ebsteelersSF wrote:

whys the dudes crack hanging out and not the ladies?

you make a great point, it's only fair so here you go:

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Th?id=JN.%2bFeZAGeCg%2bIpxCtDntVPXw&pid=15
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:15 am

I read this shit as soon as Lady Brady's punishment was administered, and I gotta say......whata' bag of shit! It's been speculated that this site was authored by bitter Pats*** fans, and I can't say I would disagree. It lists the Pats*** offenses as petty and inconsequential, while painting the Steelers' ones as grievous. The PED issue is laughable, because of the well documented league wide steroid use throughout the 70's, all while no one from that era is denying they used them. To add to the matter, the first documented use was in 1963 by the Chargers, and they weren't even deemed illegal by the NFL until 1983. Hell, even the US govt didn't make anabolic steroids illegal until 1990, so even if the Steelers of the 70s used them, they broke no rules, civil or otherwise.

As for the James Harrison hits, you can definitely call the hits illegal by the newly enacted rules of that very same season. But before that season, his hits were simply called "football," or "defense." So, the league had to endure an inevitable pussification, due to the increasing popularity of not only the sport itself, but fantasy football, and new interest from female fans. Yeah sure, players were potentially enduring life altering concussions, but now they're enduring career ending leg injuries, so pick your poison assholes. Either way, Harrison was penalized and fines were levied, and that's what happens when you commit a penalty. At no time have I ever heard an announcer or league official refer to a penalty as cheating, so why is this horseshit on the list?

They then bounce to a quote from Bill Cowher, where he admits in an interview that he (and everyone else, DUH!) try to steal the other teams signals, which of course is 100fucking% LEGAL! That's why coaches/coordinators cover their faces when they talk on camera, because it would be stupid not to. You know what IS illegal? Using electronic surveillance equipment on the opponents side of the field, that's what. But, no one is dickish enough to try some bullshit like that, right?!

So, to whoever created this site, and spun it so blatantly in the direction you wanted to: "You're not smart asshole, and in fact I know you're a moron. Go back to eating your bag of dicks." *insert smiley emoticon eating a bag of dicks here*

pczach

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
I read this shit as soon as Lady Brady's punishment was administered, and I gotta say......whata' bag of shit! It's been speculated that this site was authored by bitter Pats**** fans, and I can't say I would disagree. It lists the Pats**** offenses as petty and inconsequential, while painting the Steelers' ones as grievous. The PED issue is laughable, because of the well documented league wide steroid use throughout the 70's, all while no one from that era is denying they used them. To add to the matter, the first documented use was in 1963 by the Chargers, and they weren't even deemed illegal by the NFL until 1983. Hell, even the US govt didn't make anabolic steroids illegal until 1990, so even if the Steelers of the 70s used them, they broke no rules, civil or otherwise.

As for the James Harrison hits, you can definitely call the hits illegal by the newly enacted rules of that very same season. But before that season, his hits were simply called "football," or "defense." So, the league had to endure an inevitable pussification, due to the increasing popularity of not only the sport itself, but fantasy football, and new interest from female fans. Yeah sure, players were potentially enduring life altering concussions, but now they're enduring career ending leg injuries, so pick your poison assholes. Either way, Harrison was penalized and fines were levied, and that's what happens when you commit a penalty. At no time have I ever heard an announcer or league official refer to a penalty as cheating, so why is this horseshit on the list?

They then bounce to a quote from Bill Cowher, where he admits in an interview that he (and everyone else, DUH!) try to steal the other teams signals, which of course is 100fucking% LEGAL! That's why coaches/coordinators cover their faces when they talk on camera, because it would be stupid not to. You know what IS illegal? Using electronic surveillance equipment on the opponents side of the field, that's what. But, no one is dickish enough to try some bullshit like that, right?!

So, to whoever created this site, and spun it so blatantly in the direction you wanted to: "You're not smart asshole, and in fact I know you're a moron. Go back to eating your bag of dicks." *insert smiley emoticon eating a bag of dicks here*

Preach on Big Man!

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 1647293567
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
nikstar wrote:

The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Mike-tomlin-return-interference

and a damn good dancer. The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

This is so lame for the reasons Peon already said. I mean the steroids stuff is bullshit. Yes, many on the 70's Steelers used steroids but 70's Steelers A) did not introduce steroids to the league and B) were far from exclusive in using them and C) Steroids were legal during that time in the NFL. And then there's the Harrison hits. How the hell is it cheating if your guy is getting penalized and then fined? This website seems to me to be nothing more than a pathetic Pats* fan trying to rationalize his team's cheating by doing the old "But he did it too Mommy." The Pats* are constant cheaters. What happened in Spygate and now Deflategate was a concerted effort to repeatedly violate the rules and then to deny and deflect when confronted with such evidence.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:53 pm

The great part of Spygate is that the league was informed the Patriots* were illegally taping their opponents and updated the rules to intentionally cover those activities ... yet the Patriots* continued to cheat ... and acted like they weren't doing anything wrong ... and stated that it didn't have any impact on the results of their games ... etc, etc, etc.

Here's an article from prior to Deflategate that speaks to the cheating going on in NE. I'll say it again, Belicheat couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag in Cleveland, but he suddenly becomes a genius in New England? I call bullsh!t The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 3146839497

NY Post - Gary Buiso wrote:
Before the start of the football season, Cary Williams, a veteran cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles, reminded the sports world about a scandal the NFL would prefer people forget.

“One fact still remains: They haven’t won a Super Bowl since they got caught. They are cheaters,” Williams said in August.

He was referring to Spygate, when the New England Patriots* were busted for illegally videotaping the Jets’ defensive signals during the first game of the 2007 season.

Then, as now with a series of disturbing incidents of domestic violence, the NFL seemed more interested in covering up the problem than investigating it.

Entire article here:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:16 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
The great part of Spygate is that the league was informed the Patriots** were illegally taping their opponents and updated the rules to intentionally cover those activities ... yet the Patriots** continued to cheat ... and acted like they weren't doing anything wrong ... and stated that it didn't have any impact on the results of their games ... etc, etc, etc.

Here's an article from prior to Deflategate that speaks to the cheating going on in NE. I'll say it again, Belicheat couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag in Cleveland, but he suddenly becomes a genius in New England? I call bullsh!t The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating 3146839497

NY Post - Gary Buiso wrote:
Before the start of the football season, Cary Williams, a veteran cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles, reminded the sports world about a scandal the NFL would prefer people forget.

“One fact still remains: They haven’t won a Super Bowl since they got caught. They are cheaters,” Williams said in August.

He was referring to Spygate, when the New England Patriots** were busted for illegally videotaping the Jets’ defensive signals during the first game of the 2007 season.

Then, as now with a series of disturbing incidents of domestic violence, the NFL seemed more interested in covering up the problem than investigating it.

Entire article here:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/
Brady and Belichick are both frauds in my eyes until they prove otherwise. And the article is right on, when Spygate broke, the NFL seemed more interested in covering it up than finding out what happened and how the Pats* benefited from it.I think the league destroyed the evidence because they knew how ugly a multiple SB winning cheater would look. I agree with you. Belichick was nothing in Cleveland and yet since 2001, his worst record is 9-7. How does he go from being closer to Rich Kottie to a Vince Lombardi? And the answer I think is simple, he's a cheater. It's the same way Brady went from being an afterthought to OMG BEST QB EVER. There's something fishy about that whole organization and I expect one day we'll find out the whole extent of their cheating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating   The Pittsburgh Steelers history of cheating Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1