Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHope and Concern: Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hope and Concern: Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hope and Concern: Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

By James Walker

Biggest reason for hope: Veteran talent and experience

The Steelers are built to win now. They have been to two Super Bowls in the past three years and should be a contender once again in 2011. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is distraction-free this year, the Steelers don't have many big-name free agents and Pittsburgh's extended offseason may actually keep this team healthy and well rested. ...

Biggest reason for concern: Cornerback

Pittsburgh doesn't have many big-name free agents, but the situation involving cornerback Ike Taylor could be problematic. The team's No. 1 corner is seeking market value, which could price Taylor out of Pittsburgh. Solid starting cornerbacks are getting paid $8-$10 million per season. Taylor, 31, may be able to get that number (or close to it) elsewhere, but it doesn't appear to be a price tag the Steelers are willing to match. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28501/hope-and-concern-steelers

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

First, Ben isn't distraction free. He's getting married in July, and that's a huge distraction. Especially as the media will once again be flocking all over him come training camp (should there be one).

Two, our veteran leadership is excellent. We've got a lot of second stringers that could be starters on more than half the other teams in this league. So having that type of leadership in front of them, setting the standard while they learn to play Steelers football, only means greater things for those second stringers. However, with that being said, we've also got the great problem of telling this young guys IT IS TIME TO STAND UP and take what you BELIEVE IS YOURS!

Three, IKE SCHMIKE! I like Ike Taylor but he couldn't catch a cold if he was given the C O L. Might as well call him NyQuil, because he warns off any INT. He's a good coverage guy but I believe that we can find someone younger and just as good in coverage for less the money he's asking for. He should simply give a home town discount because I've seen a few games that because of his inability to catch a ball, cost the Steelers a game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Hope and Concern: Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:52 am

stlrtruck wrote:
First, Ben isn't distraction free. He's getting married in July, and that's a huge distraction. Especially as the media will once again be flocking all over him come training camp (should there be one).

Two, our veteran leadership is excellent. We've got a lot of second stringers that could be starters on more than half the other teams in this league. So having that type of leadership in front of them, setting the standard while they learn to play Steelers football, only means greater things for those second stringers. However, with that being said, we've also got the great problem of telling this young guys IT IS TIME TO STAND UP and take what you BELIEVE IS YOURS!

Three, IKE SCHMIKE! I like Ike Taylor but he couldn't catch a cold if he was given the C O L. Might as well call him NyQuil, because he warns off any INT. He's a good coverage guy but I believe that we can find someone younger and just as good in coverage for less the money he's asking for. He should simply give a home town discount because I've seen a few games that because of his inability to catch a ball, cost the Steelers a game.
I agree with almost everything you said, truck ... especially about Ben's distraction. But I disagree a little with Ike. Yeah, he can't catch a cold, but he's a solid cover corner. If we allow him to leave and don't replace him, and none of the young guys pan out, can you imagine McFadden and Gay as the starting corners? Hope and Concern: Steelers 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am

I hope that the Steelers suck this year.

I'm concerned that they won't suck.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:41 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I hope that the Steelers suck this year.

I'm concerned that they won't suck.
We tend to underperform the year after a Super Bowl. Although the last 2 were Super Bowl wins.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Concern: Steelers   Hope and Concern: Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope and Concern: Steelers
Page 1 of 1