Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePounceys wear Free Hernandez hats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats

Go down 
+2
steelerdude15
effyou515
6 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats Empty
PostSubject: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Mike and Maurkice Pouncey are apparently firm believers in “innocent until proven guilty.”

The identical twin centers were spotted wearing “Free Hernandez” hats at a nightclub as they were celebrating their birthday. Mike and Maurkice, who play for the Dolphins and Steelers, respectively, were teammates with Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. Mike was Hernandez’s roommate in Gainesville.

Both Pouncey brothers were spotted with Hernandez on the night of a 2007 shooting in Gainesville, according to ESPN.com.
Maurkice was taken No. 18 overall by Pittsburgh in the 2010 NFL draft. He’s a three-time All-Pro and three-time Pro Bowler. Mike was drafted No. 15 overall by Miami in the 2011 NFL draft.

Hernandez is currently being held in Bristol County Correctional Facility after being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/mike-maurkice-pouncey-wear-free-aaron-hernandez-hats-071413

Oh Boy.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm not going to lie... I'm a little sick right now.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:53 pm

im really hoping that those hats were photoshopped

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:45 pm

vasteeler wrote:
im really hoping that those hats were photoshopped

It doesn't seem like it. I think those hats are real.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:53 am

Quote :
Steelers to talk to Pouncey

By John Clayton | ESPN.com

Photographs of Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey wearing ballcaps that say "Free Hernandez" began circulating on the Internet on Sunday. The photos, seen in multiple angles, do not appear to be digitally altered.

The Pouncey brothers, who are twins, played with former New England Patriots* tight end Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. They were with Hernandez at the Venue nightclub in 2007 on the night of a shooting that left two men wounded. Hernandez was briefly questioned by police after the shooting, but at the time they did not see him as a suspect.

The Steelers are not commenting on the photos, but according to a source they plan to talk to Maurkice Pouncey about the photos. A source close to Mike Pouncey expects the Dolphins to have a similar talk with the team's starting center.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9477236/photos-maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-pouncey-miami-dolphins-free-hernandez-caps

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 am

Next...

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Quote :
Pouncey apologizes on Twitter for 'Free Hernandez' hat
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey apologized this morning via his Twitter account for wearing a "Free Hernandez" hat at a party over the weekend.

Pouncey was college teammates at the University of Florida with Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots* tight end who stands accused of murder in Massachusetts.

"I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate," Pouncey wrote. "And I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my actions."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pouncey-apologizes-on-twitter-for-free-hernandez-hat-695526/#ixzz2Z8Zrlfmu

I don't know if I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I really don't see what they did as being a big deal. No matter what the charges are or how guilty someone might appear to be, people are innocent until proven guilty. And there's certainly nothing wrong with two guys supporting someone who was a close friend. I fully understand how wearing the hats was seen as a bit tasteless or insensitive ... I wouldn't have done it, and I would have advised the Pouncey brothers not to do it, but at the end of the day, it's not a big deal. He apologized, and that should be that.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
Steelers to talk to Pouncey

By John Clayton | ESPN.com

Photographs of Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey wearing ballcaps that say "Free Hernandez" began circulating on the Internet on Sunday. The photos, seen in multiple angles, do not appear to be digitally altered.

The Pouncey brothers, who are twins, played with former New England Patriots** tight end Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. They were with Hernandez at the Venue nightclub in 2007 on the night of a shooting that left two men wounded. Hernandez was briefly questioned by police after the shooting, but at the time they did not see him as a suspect.

The Steelers are not commenting on the photos, but according to a source they plan to talk to Maurkice Pouncey about the photos. A source close to Mike Pouncey expects the Dolphins to have a similar talk with the team's starting center.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9477236/photos-maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-pouncey-miami-dolphins-free-hernandez-caps

I think it is a really good idea for the Steelers to say something to him about this. We may never know what is said, but I hope that the message will get through to him and that he will use better judgement in the future.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 am

I with you Wally. Our society has become so uber-sensitive to everything that the majority don't like. It goes back to the old adage, if you don't like what's on TV, change the station. Now adays, people continue to watch the station, and bitch & moan when they see something they don't like.

People are going to do things we don't like, GET OVER IT! If you don't like what an athlete has to say stop following them on FB and Twitter. While they may represent the team you cheer for, the bottom line is that the athlete nor the team is going to be sending you a paycheck for being their #1 fan.

While I wouldn't have worn the hat either, I can appreciate their desire to support to their friend.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:50 pm

A 24 year old football player is not up to snuff on his Political Correctness when showing support for his college roommate? Hard to believe, but true it is.

More than anything, the story here should be about expectations. My expectations are that he moves a 330 lbs nose-tackle out of the running lanes and dumps middle linebackers on their rear ends when they blitz our QB. Should I expect him to either keep his mouth shut or only say things that are in line with my opinions? Refer to the details in my first line.

Wake me up when it's time to talk about football Sleep
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

kirklandrules wrote:

Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats 512807920 EXACTLY!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
It's getting close. Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats 792589548 

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:50 am

Quote :
No double talk: Steelers Maurkice Pouncey offers apology, message

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Maurkice Pouncey, wearing no hat this time, proclaimed a new message after his arrival at Saint Vincent College.

"Not making the playoffs is not acceptable here, and I think everybody knows that."

The Steelers arrived Friday to open training camp and what they hope is the process of getting back into playoff contention.
Veteran defensive end Brett Keisel tried to emphasize that point by driving a dump truck onto campus. He explained the symbolism as Saint Vincent College being a construction site for the Steelers as they work to rebuild the foundation of a Super Bowl team.

Since the end of an 8-8 season in 2012 that Pouncey called "a terrible feeling," the Steelers have lost seven starters, and off-field issues have nipped at their heels. They included charges of a fractured locker room in 2012 by several players after a teammate anonymously criticized linebacker LaMarr Woodley for a reputed lax workout routine. They also counted the knifing of offensive tackle Mike Adams, and Pouncey's inexplicable public support for Florida teammate Aaron Hernandez, who has been jailed and charged with murder in Massachusetts.

Pouncey submitted a written public apology for wearing a "Free Hernandez" ballcap along with his twin brother Mike at an early 24th birthday party two weeks ago in Florida. Friday, he apologized again personally in front of a gaggle of media outside the Rooney Hall dormitory.

"You know what, man, I understand it was a serious situation," Pouncey said shortly after he arrived. "I apologized if I offended anybody. I'm here to play football; let's move off from that. I know I took a lot of heat for it and I probably should have. I understand what happened, and it's pretty cool now. Let things blow away."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/no-double-talk-maurkice-pouncey-offers-apology-message-697093/#ixzz2aE5RVaYs

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats   Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats Empty

Back to top Go down

Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats
Page 1 of 1