Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHome is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach Empty
PostSubject: Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach   Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 am

Quote :
Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach Inline_310285639505

By Chris Bradford

LATROBE -- Danny Smith is an excitable sort. From two practice fields away, the Steelers’ new special teams coach can be seen and heard. Well, mostly the latter.

If HBO’s cameras ever were granted access to the Steelers’ training camp, the diminutive 59-year-old would almost surely be one of the breakout stars.

“Passionate” is how his players describe him. Smith, though, calls it a labor of love.

Football is in Smith’s blood and has been since his days growing up in Pittsburgh’s Point Breeze section. He began his career as a grad assistant at Edinboro and later worked with Dan Marino at Pittsburgh Central Catholic.

“I love it. I love being around the guys,” said Smith. “I love coaching and teaching, communicating. I love developing different situations and plans and see them carried out. I live and die with them, I really do. I want them to know that I’m in it with them.

“I love, love, love what I do. I’m well-prepared. I want them to be, too. I have high expectations for myself and them.”

READ MORE: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/home-is-where-heart-is-for-steelers-new-special-teams/article_2b59327e-556c-59e6-b6c0-6e3dd1057deb.html
I'm not going to overreact to one preseason game (especially the first one), but special teams were a total mess against the Giants. I want to like Smith, so hopefully he can improve things drastically.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach   Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:09 pm

yeah, it's great that his heart is for the Steelers, but damn the STs have to a better job.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach   Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
yeah, it's great that his heart is for the Steelers, but damn the STs have to a better job.
I wouldn't look too much into the special team's first performance. It was the first game with a new coach and some of those players will not be on the team come week one of the regular season. I think the special teams will do better this year actually.

PostSubject: Re: Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach   Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Home is where heart is for Steelers' new special teams coach
Page 1 of 1