Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell goes down with knee injury Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell goes down with knee injury

Go down 
+18
IowaSteeler927
JonM229
Stella Nation
FanSince72
HeinzMustard
Steelcitian
lotas
pczach
SteelerSpartan
SoCalFan
SteelersCanada
El-Gonzo Jackson
Hawaii 5-0
white_steel_wolfe
ImperialFan
jak341
Atlanta Dan
Wallace108
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Bell goes down with knee injury Empty
PostSubject: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell went down with an apparent right knee injury, after being dragged down from behind by Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

He was immediately being checked by trainers on the sideline before being carted to the locker room, and has been announced as doubtful to return.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/01/leveon-bell-goes-down-with-knee-injury-carted-off/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 2:50 pm

"Doubtful" to return?

I am about as likely as Bell to play today

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
"Doubtful" to return?

I am about as likely as Bell to play today

Got a good juke and stiff arm? I'll buy an Atlanta Dan jersey.

Bell goes down with knee injury 3562723908
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 3:31 pm

its looked pretty bad

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Fuck the Bengals. Took Bell out again. Fucking sick of this shit.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Steelers optimistic about Le’Veon Bell

Posted by Mike Florio on November 1, 2015

Bell goes down with knee injury Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptblowzlyzk0mtrimtrlmjhlntzlzwyzymflndk0y2yy-e1446418071479

The injury looked bad. The news may not be.

Per a league source, the Steelers are optimistic (for now) about the condition of running back Le’Veon Bell’s knee. He exited the stadium during the game for evaluation at a nearby hospital, and the source tells PFT that the initial indication is that the ACL is intact.

The team currently hopes it’s only an MCL injury, which likely would knock Bell out for a game or more, but which wouldn’t end his season.

Bell’s knew was twisted awkwardly during a sideline tackle, but he was able to walk to the cart that carried him to the locker room.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/01/steelers-optimistic-about-leveon-bell/
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Say it is just an MCL. Ben's inury was worse with the bone bruise and all, but he doesnt needs his knees as much as Bell. Even if it is an MCL this could keep him out the rest of the season. Not like were going to the playoffs anyway.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Say it is just an MCL. Ben's inury was worse with the bone bruise and all, but he doesnt needs his knees as much as Bell. Even if it is an MCL this could keep him out the rest of the season. Not like were going to the playoffs anyway.

Yeah, even if its an MCL, he might be gone for 6-8 weeks. I hope that is all it is. I would hate to see an ACL injury derail his young career like it did to Terrell Davis.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Im going to miss watching him play so much hes so much fun to watch, I always look forward to his runs. With that said, luckily we have williams, and he is pretty damn good and would start for most teams and do well. Williams is just as fast as bell and he runs with power too. Losing bell doesnt mean the season is over. D-Lo can fill in for bell way better than vick or jones could have for bill.

We are are playing for a wildcard now. That means all road playoff games, looks like this season that had such promise is going to turn out to be a disappointment. We can be good next season, but damn, if this offense was ever healthy on the field at the same time we would have been superbowl contenters. Even if we make the playoffs, and get healthy right at the end of the season, the team hasnt been on the field together and will have shit chemistry. I really thought we could do it this year...

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Breaking news: badly torn MCL. Being placed on IR. Season done.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Report: Steelers to put Le'Veon Bell on season-ending IR pending MRI results of torn MCL

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/11/1/9656668/report-steelers-to-put-leveon-bell-on-season-ending-ir-pending-mri
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

There's the nail.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:42 pm

D-Lo is good.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 pm

I wonder what kind of effect this could have on his career. Its not an ACL but badly torn MCL. What a shame, bell was looking like hall of fame material.

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 pm

What a F@#KING SHAME! WHY WHY WHY does the injury bug always tear us apart???

Poor guy, hope he returns to form some day!

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 am

I wonder what happened to all the people who said I was an idiot when I suggest we don't use Bell on 50% of our plays so we don't skyrocket his chance to get injured "Oh but bell is so good he needs the ball every play by air or ground, he will never get injured even if he slam him into the defense all game every game"

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:37 am

Bell goes down with knee injury CSxpz9uUkAAjCkL
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:12 am

this hurts bad.....i had a man crush on this guy since his senior season and was absolutely thrilled when we drafted him....this guy was the total package...no question in my mind about who was better that draft...

please lord let this guy have a full recovery.....ive already seen one of my sports teams players lose their once in a generation type ability in Derrick Rose.

pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:31 am

ImperialFan wrote:
I wonder what happened to all the people who said I was an idiot when I suggest we don't use Bell on 50% of our plays so we don't skyrocket his chance to get injured "Oh but bell is so good he needs the ball every play by air or ground, he will never get injured even if he slam him into  the defense all game every game"

I know it's frustrating for all of us right now, but Bell would have been injured on that same play with that same tackle whether he had 12 carries this season or 400.

He was not overused this season at all, and the number of touches he had this year had nothing to do with this injury. It just doesn't work like that.

In football, you use your best players while you have them, because something like this can happen at any time or anywhere......including walking down the steps at home.

There are some guys that have major knee injuries on the first carry of the season. It happens every year. The very first time they touch the ball, they tear their knee up.

I'm sorry to say it buddy, but this stuff just happens. It's not anyone's fault. It's pure luck of the draw.

On the bright side, it's not his ACL. I don't know if the injury will require surgery, or if they think it can heal on its own. Badly torn doesn't necessarily mean that it is completely gone. We'll get the full details soon enough.

Either way, it sucks for this year but let's just hope he has a full recovery and comes back full strength next year.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 am

Terrible news, it is frustrating because this just happened to Bell 10 months ago against the same damn team. It's also especially upsetting because we finally get our hurt QB back and we have our full offense for less than 2 quarters before it's split up again.

That being said, football is like war. A coach is a general, and you cannot get emotionally upset by casualties, they are a part of war. Next man up, make your next move forward with the best tools you have.

While I hate to see Bell down, we have won championships with RB's that arguably were less talented than D. Williams. Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore weren't exactly carrying our offense when we won Superbowl XLIII.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 am

I read on the Interwebz / heard on the radio that Bell's knee is about as bad as it gets for MCL damage.

Can't remember where I read, but I will keep looking.

As an aside, there were 4 players yesterday that were lost to knee / ACL type damage. As far as I know, the knee is one part of the body that isn't protected (head and chest are).

Perhaps some young entrepreneur will invent some sort of knee protection to guard against these types of injury.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:27 am

Even though its loss, It still shows that the Bengals are not that great if it was that closely decided. Ben was obviously rusty in his first game back. How do you think Dolton would be coming back from injury? He was healthy and still threw a couple of picks. I dare not read what those gloating Bungals fans have to say-it will only add fuel to the fire. Well the rematch in Cinici, they just need to be buried. I'm still not convinced they are a Super Bowl caliber team and taking out Bell twice, they just moved up neck and neck with the Ratbirds for most hated division rival. Biggest 7-0 fraud out there.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:50 am

Without Bell... Steelers won't do squat in the playoffs.  This is depressing.  The only team that can possibly beat the Patriots** is the Packers (The Bengals sure as hell won't)... and that's up in the air too.  If Rodgers don't stay healthy... Brady will get #5.

Worst Monday morning ever.

If those cheating bastards win the Super Bowl again... I am done with the NFL.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
Without Bell... Steelers won't do squat in the playoffs.  This is depressing.  The only team that can possibly beat the Patriots*** is the Packers (The Bengals sure as hell won't)... and that's up in the air too.  If Rodgers don't stay healthy... Brady will get #5.

Worst Monday morning ever.

If those cheating bastards win the Super Bowl again... I am done with the NFL.  

Honestly, I can't see anyone beating the Pats*. They are so complete from top to bottom. They may be already, the best franchise in NFL history.

Packers WRs showed yesterday that they are average without Nelson.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 am

Steelcitian wrote:
Even though its loss, It still shows that the Bengals are not that great if it was that closely decided. Ben was obviously rusty in his first game back. How do you think Dolton would be coming back from injury? He was healthy and still threw a couple of picks. I dare not read what those gloating Bungals fans have to say-it will only add fuel to the fire. Well the rematch in Cinici, they just need to be buried. I'm still not convinced they are a Super Bowl caliber team and taking out Bell twice, they just moved up neck and neck with the Ratbirds for most hated division rival. Biggest 7-0 fraud out there.

Yesterday proved they were a playoff caliber team. They came into their opponents field, a fired up atmosphere due to Ben's return, and won a very ugly game. That alone shows they are for real.

However, I am with you that I am not fully buying into them as a SB contender until they win 1 in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Bell goes down with knee injury
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next