Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Bengals (week 2) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)

Go down 
+3
Drizztbob
Wallace108
stlrtruck
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:06 am

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) Steelers%2Bvs%2BBengals%2BFootball%2BAnalysis

Well it's Thursday, time to stop looking back and start looking forward.

I do agree with Tomlin's assessment that the Steelers were just a few big plays away from winning the opener.  And although we've lost 2 key players in the cog, I also believe that the next up will perform just as well.

With that being said, the task doesn't get easy for the Steelers as they face the bungles on Monday night, in Cinci.  With the clowns and ratbirds facing off against each other, this game has additional meaning within the division.

The offense definitely needs to get their shite together this week and the defense can not afford to allow big splash plays.  STs, well they just need to not be so 'special'

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Quote :
Steelers vs. Bengals: This time, the offense needs to lead

By Christopher Carter

For years the Steelers' defense has faced criticism for not creating turnovers, allegedly not finishing games, and mistakes. While Troy Polamalu may take responsibility for the defense not creating more turnovers, other veterans such as Jerricho Cotchery know it's the offense that will have to improve to win games.

After every Steelers' loss, you can almost guarantee that if Troy Polamalu was on the field, despite how well he might have played, he will always point to his own shortcomings, no matter how few, when asked about how the Steelers must improve.

This weekend was no different. Polamalu acknowledged that the defense did not create turnovers still, and shouldered the blame for the loss.

"We had few opportunities, but we did have opportunities," said Polamalu. "It's tough to make splash plays when a team commits to the run ... it's hard to force turnovers when a team knows they can run the ball."

But did Tennessee really control the ground game offensively? Sure they gained 112 yards on the ground, but it was on 42 attempts. That's less than three yards per carry. Hypothetically if the defense maintained that average, their average yards per carry allowed would be .8 less than that of the best team against the run in 2012, Tampa Bay.

READ MORE: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-vs-bengals-news-and-updates-leading-into-week-2/2013/9/12/4719668/steelers-bengals-week-2-nfl-preview-highlights-analysis

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 am

Quote :
Harrison doesn't hold a grudge

PITTSBURGH — To hear James Harrison tell it, he has become as popular in Cincinnati as Skyline Chili and Jerry Springer. The Bengals’ new linebacker says he doesn’t need to wear his two Super Bowl rings to be recognized by fans in southwestern Ohio either.

“If I was to walk down the street, I’d get stopped by every four or five people to take a picture or sign an autograph,” Harrison said.

“Everybody tells me how they used to hate me, now they love me. It’s all right.”

Harrison remains wildly popular with his former Steelers teammates, too. Although that might change after they face their former star linebacker for the first time Monday night.

To them, Harrison wasn’t just the 2008 defensive player of the year, or the guy who racked up fines along with sacks ,or the guy who once posed shirtless for a magazine with a pair of pistols, he was a friend.

Harrison wasn’t just the gruff exterior that made him a fan favorite and, perhaps, the most intimidating figure in the NFL.

“If you didn’t know James you’d think he was mean all the time,” said linebacker LaMarr Woodley. “I mean, he does have that chip on his shoulder, but he’s a good guy. The guys who know him, who won the Super Bowls with him, know him as a great guy.”

The chip Woodley refers to comes from not being drafted out of Kent State in 2001.

But if you think Harrison holds a grudge about not being re-signed after last season, you would be wrong. Jilted? Not Harrison.

“No surprise. … We couldn’t come to an agreement that was comfortable with them and comfortable to me,” said Harrison. “We parted ways. It’s just the business.”

In fact, Harrison labeled Monday night’s showdown, “Just another game on the schedule,” though he did allow that it means “a little more” because of its implications on the AFC North.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/harrison-doesn-t-hold-a-grudge/article_2cac71ee-bed5-5ef3-9289-523e265ecb75.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:58 am

Quote :
Steelers have to match lines vs. Bengals

By Chris Bradford

PITTSBURGH – David DeCastro can vouch for Geno Atkins. Ramon Foster can, too.

The Steelers’ interior linemen readily admit that Atkins, Cincinnati’s star defensive tackle, is worth every penny of that $55-million contract he signed the other week.

Unfortunately for DeCastro and Foster, Atkins earned a good portion of his fortune by playing against them.

In four career games against the Steelers, Atkins has four sacks and 14 tackles, which includes two sacks and six tackles in Week 16 of last season. That game, a 13-10 Cincinnati victory at Heinz Field, ended what little hope the Steelers had for making the playoffs.

Think the Steelers, who aren’t lacking for any motivation, don’t have any extra incentive Monday night at Paul Brown Stadium?

“Every game is circled (on the calendar), especially against Geno,” said Foster. “He’s one of the top 10 best players in the NFL. It’s one of those games you look forward to. You have to be on your Ps and Qs.”

For an offensive line that struggled mightily against Tennessee last week – allowing five sacks and accumulating just 195 yards total offense – while losing its anchor when Maurkice Pouncey suffered a season-ending knee injury, the Bengals’ front four will be a test. And that might be putting it mildly.

“They’re some of the best defensive linemen in the game, they know how to get after the quarterback and stop the run,” said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. “A lot of high-energy guys who motor. It’s a big challenge for us as an offense and the O-line.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-have-to-match-lines-vs-bengals/article_e296ab08-ac42-5016-8e1a-3421adfdd03a.html

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 am

Unfortunately there hasn't been enough time to improve the synchronicity of the Steelers game in one week. Plus we still don't have Heath back. We drop another one here, 27-10 Bengals. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2164293255 

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Unfortunately there hasn't been enough time to improve the synchronicity of the Steelers game in one week.  Plus we still don't have Heath back.  We drop another one here, 27-10 Bengals.  Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2164293255 
I think our defense will keep the game close, but not close enough. I'm going 17-13 Bengals. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2744185472 

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
Unfortunately there hasn't been enough time to improve the synchronicity of the Steelers game in one week.  Plus we still don't have Heath back.  We drop another one here, 27-10 Bengals.  Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2164293255 
I think our defense will keep the game close, but not close enough. I'm going 17-13 Bengals. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2744185472 
Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 3939274466  Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 1824088959 

It's the bungles and I can never see a moment where they beat us (even in the 80's when it happened often)....defense not only keeps it close, they seal the deal...

Steelers 23 Bungles 17

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 6:17 am

Ben loves playing in Ohio and I see us getting the win: 20-17.

Swisham makes the game winning field goal and celebrates Brandi Chastain style.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 am

Whyant5 wrote:
Ben loves playing in Ohio and I see us getting the win:  20-17.

Swisham makes the game winning field goal and celebrates Brandi Chastain style.
Who the hell is Swisham? That would be a great name for a basketball player. A lot better than Brickam. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 1797695198 

As for Suisham, he might not play. Here's the latest ...

Quote :
Suisham May Be Ready For Monday

After suffering a hamstring injury before Sunday’s game, Wallaceburg’s Shaun Suisham may be ready for action when the Pittsburgh Steelers face the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football this week.

Suisham was forced to kick only once Sunday as the Pittsburgh Steelers were unable to generate much offense in their 16-9 season opening loss to the Tennessee Titans.

“Shaun Suisham sustained a hamstring injury in the game,” said Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin in a press conference Tuesday. “It’s not a significant one. He has a chance. We are going to work him out at the latter part of the week to determine his availability.”

Although Tomlin believes the extra day will help Suisham to be ready, the team is working with backup Shayne Graham in case Suisham is unavailable.

http://www.cksn.ca/2013/09/suisham-may-be-ready-for-monday/

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 am

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 1505004552 

Monday isn't so bad when I know I get to come home and watch the Steelers. Especially needed after the sh*t storm I'm sure I'm going to walk into at work today Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2913999526 Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2913999526 

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 am

The Steelers offense improves this week ... by 10 yards. Their 205 total yards will be good enough for a 12-9 win. Ben thanks the defense for the win and shocks the media by planting a big one on Lebeau
Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 2940960278
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:12 am

Today is the day we learn what this team is made of. Right now, I'm feeling more optimistic than at any point since the Titans game. The defense has to step up and give the offense a hand by getting a few turnovers. The O-line doesn't have to do the impossible and play great ... just good enough to give Ben half a chance to make some plays.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Right now, I'm feeling more optimistic than at any point since the Titans game wrote:

I don't know why Wally, but I am too. My gut says it's going to be extremely close, but the Steelers pull it off. Dear Lord, PLEASE make me right!

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I NEED a Steelers win tonight. I'll even cash in all my good karma for it.... Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 611739232 

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm

No need to cash it all in Whyant, start with half and see what that gets us. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 1664291743 

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Just over two hours to go, and to be honest, I'm anxious for this game to start.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Just over two hours to go, and to be honest, I'm anxious for this game to start.

I'm anxious for every Steelers game to start.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
I'm anxious for every Steelers game to start.
You and me both. I'm beyond ready. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 3056903510 

I sure hope the team is ready as well. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 755331329 

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Suisham kicking for #Steelers tonight

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm heading out to watch the game with the family. For members watching while online, don't forget the option of the chatbox at the bottom of the forum. Enjoy the game. Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) 792589548 

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:26 pm

let's get it on

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm

If I use the chat room, I can't increase my post-whoring

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 pm

what the hell was that play calling? 3 straight runs! And it wasn't even Dwyer, it was Felix Jones. After a great kick off return, the offense does that...

unimpressive first drive.

Time for defense to set the tone

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Defense, doing their job. Now time for the offense to return the favor.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Ben has got to see the RB in the flats on those plays

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)   Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Bengals (week 2)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next