Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUpdate - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers

Go down 
+2
Drizztbob
Gingerchip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers quickly filled the void left by Jerricho Cotchery's departure, signing former New Orleans Saints wide receiver Lance Moore to a two-year contract Friday.

Moore visited the Steelers earlier this week, and signing him became a priority after the Carolina Panthers lured Cotchery away with a two-year, $5 million contract.

Moore took to Twitter on Friday afternoon, saying he is "excited" to join the Steelers.

The 5-9, 190-pounder caught 37 passes for 457 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games last season. Moore's best season came in 2012, when he caught 65 passes for 1,041 yards and six touchdowns.

The addition of Moore, 30, offsets the loss of Cotchery, which had left the Steelers with little experience behind Pro Bowl wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Markus Wheaton and Derek Moye were the only other wide receivers with NFL experience prior to the Moore signing, and they combined to play 205 snaps last season.

The Saints released Moore on March 7; he had been due $3.8 million in salary and bonuses this year, including a $500,000 roster bonus due this month.

The former undrafted rookie out of Toledo ranks among the top five receivers in Saints history in receptions (346) and touchdown catches (38) to go along with 4,281 yards. He was named the Saints' Man of the Year in 2012 for his work on and off the field.

read more: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10647526/lance-moore-signs-pittsburgh-steelers

Don't know much about his play, but sounds like a pretty upstanding guy

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:05 am

Replaced an aging/old receiver with an aging/old/much shorter receiver. Don't like it. Steelers should have tried harder to keep Cotch.

Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 am

Lance Moore is an upgrade to me.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

I don't mind Moore, except the fact that he went to Toledo....  Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1797695198 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm not too familiar with Moore, so I've been checking out a Saints board. If nothing else, he seems to be well-liked by Saints fans:

Quote :
That is good news! Good luck Lance, hope to see you back with the team when you hang it up!

Quote :
Excellent! Hope you have a long and fulfilling career in the AFC, Lance!

Quote :
Awesome. We'll get to see him this year too.

Quote :
Love that dude. They got a deal I bet, some of the best hands in the league.

Quote :
Glad Lance got picked up... Now let's see what Big Ben can do with him!

Quote :
Couldnt stay out of black and gold huh? Good luck Lance, hope he kills it.

Quote :
Great news, i am really happy for him. I wish him all the best.
Great guy and great player.

Quote :
awesome, extremely happy that he signed cross conference, now ill barely ever have to root against him.

Quote :
This is a really good signing by the Steelers. Of course, everyone is looking for the deep threat, but there is something to be said about a smart, trustworthy guy underneath.

Quote :
Good for him. I'm glad he got picked up by a solid franchise.

Quote :
Great pick up by the steelers. They deff stole him lol wish him and the Steel city nothing but the best. Now go shine and dance for the other black & hold!!! Good luck L-Mo.

If I remember correctly, that's the same kind of love Steelers fans showed to Wallace when he signed with the Dolphins.  Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1797695198 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:30 pm

HAHAHAAAA

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm not too familiar with Moore, so I've been checking out a Saints board. If nothing else, he seems to be well-liked by Saints fans:

Quote :
That is good news! Good luck Lance, hope to see you back with the team when you hang it up!

Quote :
Excellent! Hope you have a long and fulfilling career in the AFC, Lance!

Quote :
Awesome. We'll get to see him this year too.

Quote :
Love that dude. They got a deal I bet, some of the best hands in the league.

Quote :
Glad Lance got picked up... Now let's see what Big Ben can do with him!

Quote :
Couldnt stay out of black and gold huh? Good luck Lance, hope he kills it.

Quote :
Great news, i am really happy for him. I wish him all the best.
Great guy and great player.

Quote :
awesome, extremely happy that he signed cross conference, now ill barely ever have to root against him.

Quote :
This is a really good signing by the Steelers. Of course, everyone is looking for the deep threat, but there is something to be said about a smart, trustworthy guy underneath.

Quote :
Good for him. I'm glad he got picked up by a solid franchise.

Quote :
Great pick up by the steelers. They deff stole him lol wish him and the Steel city nothing but the best. Now go shine and dance for the other black & hold!!! Good luck L-Mo.

If I remember correctly, that's the same kind of love Steelers fans showed to Wallace when he signed with the Dolphins.  Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1797695198 

Steelers fans have always shown the proper love for players when they've departed. But when they've left under greedy ways and attempted to put themselves above the team...not so much. Wallace falls in to the latter, therefore = NO LOVE FROM STEELERS FANS!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Steelers fans have always shown the proper love for players when they've departed.  But when they've left under greedy ways and attempted to put themselves above the team...not so much.  Wallace falls in to the latter, therefore = NO LOVE FROM STEELERS FANS!

It was a joke.  Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 2929500677 

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1797695198 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Steelers fans have always shown the proper love for players when they've departed.  But when they've left under greedy ways and attempted to put themselves above the team...not so much.  Wallace falls in to the latter, therefore = NO LOVE FROM STEELERS FANS!

It was a joke.  Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 2929500677 

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1797695198 

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 1505004552   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 294855916 

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 am

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers 2800024739 

PostSubject: Re: Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers   Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Update - Moore signs two year deal with Steelers
Page 1 of 1