Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen thinks he can play 5-7 more years Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years Empty
PostSubject: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:01 am

Posted by Josh Alper

Both quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers have made it clear this offseason that they want to continue their working relationship until Roethlisberger retires, a topic that usually comes up in relation to the possibility of a contract extension.

Roethlisberger’s deal runs through 2015 and features hefty cap numbers that some thought the Steelers would attempt to bring down before next season gets underway. Discussions go on, although no deal appears to be imminent with a player who said “I bleed black and gold” during a Tuesday interview with 93.7 The Fan. He also talked about how long he’d like to continue bleeding.

“I feel like I’m in great shape,” Roethlisberger said, via ESPN.com. “I think I can get five, six, seven more years out of this arm and these legs.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/ben-roethlisberger-i-think-i-can-play-5-7-more-years/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:20 am

I think he can play another 5-7 years too. But it will also depend on whether or not the Steelers solidify the front line so he's not getting crushed 60+ times a season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:30 am

I sure hope he can play another 5-7 years.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:07 pm

I hope so! He's been soooooo beat up from lack of protection in the past. IF he stays healthy, takes care of himself (keeps weight down) he may just end up playing 7 more years.

Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:01 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I think he can play another 5-7 years too.  But it will also depend on whether or not the Steelers solidify the front line so he's not getting crushed 60+ times a season.

Exactly and I'm really hoping Munchak can work majic with this line or how ever it shakes out after this draft.
Health as always will be a big factor. Pouncey as good as he is needs to stay on the field. Decastro and Adams need to prove why they were drafted so high.
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:14 pm

He can with a healthy line. His numbers or his rings arent where they could be now because of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years   Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben thinks he can play 5-7 more years
Page 1 of 1