Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRound 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State Empty
PostSubject: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:16 pm

With their pick in the third round, the Steelers select Kent State running back Dri Archer.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:21 am

Huh? Running back?

Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:02 am

Where is our CB? This makes no sense to me. Why a RB when we have Bell and Blount. I don't watch college football so I'll ask this question: was he the BEST AVAILABLE player?
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:26 am

I don't watch college football either.  Maybe we should start????  Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State 2087824411  Ok.  So I read where he is not "really" a running back.  This is from Steelers.com:  

His official 40-yard dash time at the combine was 4.26, No. 1 among all the running backs and slower only than Chris Johnson’s combine-record 4.24 in 2008.

* Archer scored a Kent State-record 23 touchdowns in 2012, 16 rushing (159-1,429-16), four receiving (39-561-4) and three on kickoff returns.

* Running backs coach James Saxon considers Archer “as tough as any kid I’ve been around.”

* Archer can potentially fill the scat-back, specialty back, complementary back role LaRod Stephens-Howling was unable to handle last season due to a season-ending injury in the opener. Archer also will solve the issues the Steelers had in 2013 with kickoff returns

I also read that he posted the second fastest 40 running time in Combine history --- Mike Wallace who?????

Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:59 am

I just went to the NFL and they had him listed as WR. Here is some film on him:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3JgIG9hhM after watching this I believe he jusy may have been the best available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State   Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Steelers select Dri Archer, RB Kent State
Page 1 of 1